View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Kirby Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 8:31 pm

I think you should go for disturbed kirby. That dude has some steam going.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 7:02 am

Nix~ wrote:
I think you should go for disturbed kirby. That dude has some steam going.
Trust me, I was legitimately going to make a Revamped version of Disturbed Kirby in the Wall of Shame Thread as a Halloween Joke
But then my internet died for 2 weeks and I just came back and now there's no time for that.
RIP.
Back to top Go down
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU
Kirb-Star

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 9:25 am

Abilities Kirby would be better, one who uses different abilities in each of his attacks.
It also should have Melee's Kirby Dash Attack (the Burning ability).
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Kirb-Star wrote:
Abilities Kirby would be better, one who uses different abilities in each of his attacks.
I love how you perfectly guessed what I'm making.
Directly on the nose.
Milky Way Kirby, comin' soon.
Don't hold your breath on the Burning thing, I'm thinkin' o Wheel
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Bedoop Bro wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
I love how you perfectly guessed what I'm making.
Directly on the nose.
Milky Way Kirby, comin' soon.
Don't hold your breath on the Burning thing, I'm thinkin' o Wheel
]

Wheel would make for a ridiculous down throw.

Kirby throws the enemy at the ground and then grinds on their face.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 10:14 pm

sonic clone
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 9:12 am

I personally think Kirby should get a copy ability exactly like the one in smash, where he gets a hat and the neutral special of the character inhaled. That may sound like one hell of a workload, but the thing is, you've already basically coded it, and spriting it would literally be as simple as taking the sprite of Kirby and adding something distinct from the character inhaled (Which, for every character except Game&Watch, where you could just turn Kirby black, is on the original sprite). For example, if Kirby inhaled, lets say, Weegee, he would get the Weegee face, of course. For more wonky characters like Petey, Porky, and Snivy, I made a full document for what all the hats could be, and if you want me to sprite or design them, I might be able to do that as well

(Doc) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TV7kbs4JkiiPwvOnP38-Wnw1OSA9QzKPslHQIVMFLDQ/edit?usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:53 am

Did you even read this thread
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:55 am

Snipes88 wrote:
I personally think Kirby should get a copy ability exactly like the one in smash, where he gets a hat and the neutral special of the character inhaled. That may sound like one hell of a workload, but the thing is, you've already basically coded it, and spriting it would literally be as simple as taking the sprite of Kirby and adding something distinct from the character inhaled (Which, for every character except Game&Watch, where you could just turn Kirby black, is on the original sprite). For example, if Kirby inhaled, lets say, Weegee, he would get the Weegee face, of course. For more wonky characters like Petey, Porky, and Snivy, I made a full document for what all the hats could be, and if you want me to sprite or design them, I might be able to do that as well

(Doc) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TV7kbs4JkiiPwvOnP38-Wnw1OSA9QzKPslHQIVMFLDQ/edit?usp=sharing

I recommend looking through this thread. One of the devs said there is a reason for not having Kirby Hats, I remember it being some problem with loading times or something.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 3:00 pm

If I recall... Bloated File Size, Added effort, load times. One that also came to mind is that the current way also mimics Kirby games more (Because multiple opponents give you an ability)
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Also, balancing.
Back to top Go down
Ajtkg
Level 2 CPU
Ajtkg

Mega Man

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 am

What if instead of making Kirby copy ability's from its home series it could absorb the other characters true ability also their hats.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 12:58 pm

That topic has already been talked about, and it's unlikely due to the spriting and coding
Back to top Go down
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU
MonadoBoy16

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 am

Poyo!!
Back to top Go down
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU
MonadoBoy16

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 5:08 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Mario-Fire
Luigi-Spark
Weegee-Laser
Peach-Parasol
Toad-Poison
Bowser-Fire
Petey Piranha-Leaf
Waluigi-Tornado
Wario-Fighter
Ashley-Clean
Donkey Kong-Animal
Yoshi-Whip
Geno-Laser
Pikachu-Spark
Pichu-Spark
Jigglypuff-Wheel (Mike would be OP)
Mewtwo-ESP
Lucario-Fighting or Metal
Snivy-Whip or Leaf
Samus-Bomb
Zero Suit Samus-Whip
Ridley-Fire
Link-Sword or Archer
Toon Link-Sword or Archer (Probably could alternate between the two, one could have sword, while the other has archer)
Ganondorf-Poison
Tingle-
Olimar-Leaf
Marth-Sword
Fox-Jet
Falco-Jet
Krystal-Spear
Captain Falcon-Wheel, but I believe that Kirby already has the falcon punch (I think I read that on the forum somewhere)
Kirby-Nothing
Gooey-Whip
Meta Knight-Sword
Ness-ESP or Yo-Yo
Lucas-ESP
Porky-Needle or Bomb
Little Mac-Fighting
Saki-Laser or Sword or maybe Spear or maybe Cutter
Ice Climbers-Ice
R.O.B.-Laser or Beam
Duck Hunt Dog-Bomb or Animal
Mach Rider-Wheel
Mr. Game & Watch-Circus
Snake-Bomb
Bomberman-Bomb
Sonic-Wheel
Tails-Tornado
Knuckles-Fighting
Shadow-ESP
Ristar-Whip
Rayman-Fighting or Wing or Tornado
Crash Bandicoot- Animal or Tornado
Mega Man-Beam
Ryu-Fighter
Evil Ryu-Fighter
Chun-Li-Fighter
Phoenix Wright-Needle
Pac-Man-Ghost
Klonoa-Animal or Magic
Goku-Fighting

Dr. Mario-Doctor
Shantae-Magic

I've excluded Stone and Hammer because Kirby already has those abilities. Cutter is fine because it works a bit differently in his moveset.
For some reason, When Kirby inhales Weegee, he gets the Falcon Punch ability.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm

MonadoBoy16 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Mario-Fire
Luigi-Spark
Weegee-Laser
Peach-Parasol
Toad-Poison
Bowser-Fire
Petey Piranha-Leaf
Waluigi-Tornado
Wario-Fighter
Ashley-Clean
Donkey Kong-Animal
Yoshi-Whip
Geno-Laser
Pikachu-Spark
Pichu-Spark
Jigglypuff-Wheel (Mike would be OP)
Mewtwo-ESP
Lucario-Fighting or Metal
Snivy-Whip or Leaf
Samus-Bomb
Zero Suit Samus-Whip
Ridley-Fire
Link-Sword or Archer
Toon Link-Sword or Archer (Probably could alternate between the two, one could have sword, while the other has archer)
Ganondorf-Poison
Tingle-
Olimar-Leaf
Marth-Sword
Fox-Jet
Falco-Jet
Krystal-Spear
Captain Falcon-Wheel, but I believe that Kirby already has the falcon punch (I think I read that on the forum somewhere)
Kirby-Nothing
Gooey-Whip
Meta Knight-Sword
Ness-ESP or Yo-Yo
Lucas-ESP
Porky-Needle or Bomb
Little Mac-Fighting
Saki-Laser or Sword or maybe Spear or maybe Cutter
Ice Climbers-Ice
R.O.B.-Laser or Beam
Duck Hunt Dog-Bomb or Animal
Mach Rider-Wheel
Mr. Game & Watch-Circus
Snake-Bomb
Bomberman-Bomb
Sonic-Wheel
Tails-Tornado
Knuckles-Fighting
Shadow-ESP
Ristar-Whip
Rayman-Fighting or Wing or Tornado
Crash Bandicoot- Animal or Tornado
Mega Man-Beam
Ryu-Fighter
Evil Ryu-Fighter
Chun-Li-Fighter
Phoenix Wright-Needle
Pac-Man-Ghost
Klonoa-Animal or Magic
Goku-Fighting

Dr. Mario-Doctor
Shantae-Magic

I've excluded Stone and Hammer because Kirby already has those abilities. Cutter is fine because it works a bit differently in his moveset.
For some reason, When Kirby inhales Weegee, he gets the Falcon Punch ability.

That's probably due to meme reasons, because the Falcon Punch was a meme a bit ago.
Back to top Go down
Kíbito
Level 2 CPU
Kíbito

Meta Knight
  @KibitoCrafter

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 7:26 pm

I haven't read all the thread, so maybe someone already mentioned this, but i really think they should put the proper abilities, with custom sprites of course, and i do know that IS HELL to do, i draw and have attempted (failing) to do some pixel art and is very difficult, but if you wanna make a smash fangame, you're exposing to this, not making the abilities into kirby's moveset would just be falling into mediocrity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/kibitostudio/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 pm

No, they should keep the ability style they have now. Makes it different to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 4:15 am

Just no.

The benefit to the idea of having all the Smash hats and abilities, plus Crusade characters, for a single character is very minimal.

First off, a character has a good 50+ animations with hundreds to almost a thousand frames in a single file. Having to resprite a Kirby to visually have the hat, plus an additional animation for the special ability inherited is a huge workload.

Secondly, as mentioned it will make loading time when Kirby will be playable in a match soo much more longer, especially in a 6 player match. Not to mention the amount of space it would take up in the game data itself. Imagine a 50-60 character files times two. This is not including future additions to the roster.

Third, it's a waste of the Spriters time. Thousands of frames edited for a single character when that time could be invested into a Crusade Newcomer. Not saying anything bad about Kirby, but with a roster of 50-60 and more to comes, would you play Kirby more or less than you do now? After being in the official Smash in each title, would Kirby having these abilities encourage you to play him more? There is a massive roster and not everyone will continuously play other. Some will main him while some will likely play him to see the abilities but that's about it. Doesn't sound like it's all worth all that work.

What we have now works perfectly fine.

Back to top Go down
Kíbito
Level 2 CPU
Kíbito

Meta Knight
  @KibitoCrafter

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Yes, you're right, while i think it would be pretty awesome to have the abilities and would make the game more complete, it would be a waste of time, and data, so forget what i said, however, (and again, i dunno if someone already said this) i think not only for Kirby, but for a lot of characters in crusade that already are in the official games, they should have a new moveset, like Kirby, it's exactly the same as in the official smash games, and there's so much where to grab to make him a unique character, i mean, if i wanted to play the same character, i would choose the official games and that's it, so at least the special moves should be changed (and for god's sake give him his goddamn slide he does have it in every single kirby game and it isn't in almost any smash game i played).
Back to top Go down
Koletrain904
Level 3 CPU
Koletrain904

Kirby
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 11:24 am

I mean on one side i say yes he should have a new move set, but on the other i say keep him the way he is, be cause not only is his old moveset his go to moveset since 64, but it is also his simplist moveset throughout the smash series. And I think that changing his set would not only make him not kirby but also make him lose that simplicity he had for years.
Back to top Go down
Kíbito
Level 2 CPU
Kíbito

Meta Knight
  @KibitoCrafter

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 am

Koletrain904 wrote:
I mean on one side i say yes he should have a new move set, but on the other i say keep him the way he is, be cause not only is his old moveset his go to moveset since 64, but it is also his simplist moveset throughout the smash series. And I think that changing his set would not only make him not kirby but also make him lose that simplicity he had for years.

It's true, but i think there are some really cool things that could be done with Kirby, and apply only to him, making him unique, like for example his grab could mimic his Suplex ability in its entirety, instead of being a mishmash of Ninja and some suplex here and there (and his damn slide of course), i know that Kirby is supposed to be simple, to teach new players to get into the game too, but at this point, i see that as a mere excuse for falling into mediocrity, and Kirby's not my only example, to name one, Meta Knight is also hella uninspired, and he has various playable and boss appearances to get moves from, look, maybe it's my bias to the Kirby series since i'm a huge fan, but in general i feel it's a little unappreciated at times, even on the official Smash series (like really it's been 10 years of games after Sakurai left and he's still putting stages from games like Kirby Super Star or Kirby's Dream Land), and the least i could want is some retouches to make the characters more faithful to their games, or stand out more.

And where the heck is King Dedede? Gooey is perfect tho, i love Gooey.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 5:22 am

Character Alts started as something you could make with minimal Effort:
-Little Mac may have a Crusade and a Smash WiiU moveset, but the WiiU Alt still uses Crusade Sprites
-Another example, Marth has Alts for Tipper (Marth), Centered (Melee Roy) and Spread (Lucina) hitboxes.

There was absolutely 0 need to make new sprites from scratch for those alts.
Suggesting to change Kirby's moveset and add an alt just to accomodate more Copy abilities is basically asking for almost a newcomer altogether and should be treated as such.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Ninja's Air Drop as Kirby's Up-Throw is rad, why would you ever think to remove it
Back to top Go down
Kíbito
Level 2 CPU
Kíbito

Meta Knight
  @KibitoCrafter

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 4:47 am

Athorment wrote:
Character Alts started as something you could make with minimal Effort:
-Little Mac may have a Crusade and a Smash WiiU moveset, but the WiiU Alt still uses Crusade Sprites
-Another example, Marth has Alts for Tipper (Marth), Centered (Melee Roy) and Spread (Lucina) hitboxes.

There was absolutely 0 need to make new sprites from scratch for those alts.
Suggesting to change Kirby's moveset and add an alt just to accomodate more Copy abilities is basically asking for almost a newcomer altogether and should be treated as such.

Oh come on, you're saying that like you need to make new Kirby sprites from scratch, while you can just rip them from Super Star Ultra or Nightmare in Dream Land and Amazing Mirror like you've been doing, i understand the problem to make new sprites, but Kirby has TONS of sprites already made of different abilities that you could implement, i don't think i'm actually asking for much here, since the sprites which is apparently the hardest part about doing characters is already done.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 10:37 am

Kíbito wrote:
Oh come on, you're saying that like you need to make new Kirby sprites from scratch, while you can just rip them from Super Star Ultra or Nightmare in Dream Land and Amazing Mirror like you've been doing

I dont know if you've been paying attention at all, but Crusade no longer uses sprites from official games ever since the resprite process began. Otherwise we would have seen more newcomers by now instead of the team focusing on resprited Marth and Fox.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 5:07 pm

Does that mean the Sonic cast is getting resprited, despite the sprites being pretty high quality?
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 8:34 pm

Braystar wrote:
Does that mean the Sonic cast is getting resprited, despite the sprites being pretty high quality?

It means that we arent adding any more official/used sprites
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Ah ok, thanks for answering
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 8:28 am

I think an alt where Kirby loses his inhale ability and instead has the different abilities he has when inhaling characters would be cool, like for example his fire breath move is neutral special, up special is the uppercut or he uses the sword abilities for n-air or the tilts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby Discussion   Kirby Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirby Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next