View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:05 am

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Krystal.
Back to top Go down
Supreme Overlord Sir. Mmr
Level 1 CPU

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Will Krystal get a new sprite design someday? She is so different from Fox and Falco, she don't look like the real Krystal.
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Depends on the Spriters, yo. I'm just waiting for Slippy to be playable so that we'd have the whole team on standby.
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:14 pm

would it be possible to suggest a different down B?

Reminiscent of the typical spacies down b, instead of a reflector we can have a Barrier (in starfox assault, she respawns with 2 instead of 1 like everyone else, though her stats were pretty bad. gameplay focused on good use of barriers..figured it'd be a nice adjustment + homage to her gameplay)

and..the barrier would..instead of damaging on impact with other players, would have a windbox on activation and block projectiles in exchange for shortening the barriers duration, much like in starfox assault. Additionally, the barrier isn't held, it's activated meaning after activation krystal is free to do as she likes afterwards.

inb4jumpcancel

The barrier also would have it's own timer regardless of being attacked or not.

As for physical attacks, we could have them ignore the barrier or break the barrier instantly..

------

and then maybe give her current down b to her neutral B? maybe even speed it up a little to be reminiscent of the old neutral b?

hows all that sound?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 3:46 am

'Lovely'
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:24 am

I already suggested in the chat that Krystat could have a new Neutral Special: Grenade
When you press the B button, Krystal would pull off a Grenade, and throw it, the explosion would cover a good distance and it has high knockback. You can hold the B button and aim the grenade, but waiting too much would make it explode.
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:35 am

desu wrote:
I already suggested in the chat that Krystal could have a new Neutral Special:Grenade
When you press the B button, Krystal would pull off a Grenade, and throw it, the explosion would cover a good distance and it has high knockback. You can hold the B button and aim the grenade, but waiting too much would make it explode.
tbh i wudnt mind that either, im liking the starfox assault thing we've got going on here.

i like the staff but the farther away from starfox adventures and the attire that came with it..the better

how many do you think she should be allowed to have on field at once? btw this is like snakes B in brawl, just noticed...

also tbh i think that's more of slippys thing.. he had higher hp to tolerate his clumsiness( great for explosives lol), and hes' shown in the boxart with grenades. I think a  gun neutral B would be fine, but if people like the grenades better, yo. im down
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:43 am

Szion wrote:
desu wrote:
I already suggested in the chat that Krystal could have a new Neutral Special:Grenade
tbh i wudnt mind that either, im liking the starfox assault thing we've got going on here.

i like the staff but the farther away from starfox adventures and the attire that came with it..the better

how many do you think she should be allowed to have on field at once? btw this is like snakes B in brawl, just noticed...

also tbh i think that's more of slippys thing.. he had higher hp to tolerate his clumsiness( great for explosives lol), and hes' shown in the boxart with grenades. I think a  gun neutral B would be fine, but if people like the grenades better, yo. im down
Krystal also appears with a grenade on her hand in an artwork...
Maybe to make them different she could only have 1 on stage and anyone could attack it like a ball to reflect it but doing a strong attack or attacking it too much would make it explode.

Last edited by desu on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 am

Well, you couldn't touch the grenades after they landed in assault, why not carry that over as a difference from snakes nades? unable to pick them up..(inb4 balance issues
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 5:05 am

desu wrote:
Krystal also appears with a grenade on his hand
It's a trap!
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 12:18 am

btw is there some kinda tutorial for this character? maybe a vid someone can toss my way? im having a hardtime truecomboing with her and im not sure if its my inability with her or with the game, since i cant exactly do it with my other main Lucario either...

though his new moveset is cringeworthy..where'd that arc kick uptilt go wtf???
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 am

I support the barrier idea.

I don't even like Krystal, for personal reasons, but I do like the idea of making her more in line with the rest of the space furry laser squadron, and that's a unique way to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Shiruza wrote:
I support the barrier idea.

I don't even like Krystal, for personal reasons, but I do like the idea of making her more in line with the rest of the space furry laser squadron, and that's a unique way to go about it.

hey thanks =) i figure it's good homage to the game she's seen best in, and is a decent change to her movelist.

what did she do to you. we'll bring her to justice
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Szion wrote:

hey thanks =) i figure it's good homage to the game she's seen best in, and is a decent change to her movelist.

Of course, yes.
On that note, should her U-Spec be angleable? I was thinking that it could be angled into different directions, but only diagonal ones. To compensate it'd travel farther than Fox or Falco's does, and its range would be variable depending on how long you how down the Special button (if you stop pressing Special, or 45 frames have passed, you stop moving).

My first exposure to her was accidentally stumbling onto Legend of Krystal at age 11 and ever since then I've been afraid of furries
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Actually, that's not bad of an idea...

Is it bad that I actually know what Legend of Krystal is?
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:28 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Actually, that's not bad of an idea...

Is it bad that I actually know what Legend of Krystal is?

It would help her feel more in line with the other pew-pew animals while giving her mobility and still keeping her uniqueness about her.

Yes, and I apologize to the brain cells that you have devoted to storing that information.
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Szion wrote:

Of course, yes.
On that note, should her U-Spec be angleable? I was thinking that it could be angled into different directions, but only diagonal ones. To compensate it'd travel farther than Fox or Falco's does, and its range would be variable depending on how long you how down the Special button (if you stop pressing Special, or 45 frames have passed, you stop moving).

My first exposure to her was accidentally stumbling onto Legend of Krystal at age 11 and ever since then I've been afraid of furries
IDK WHAT THE HAAAILLLL LEGEND OF KRYSTAL IS BUT BASED SOLELY ON GOOGLE IMAGE THIS IS MUCH FARTHER INTO FURRIES THAN I CAN TOLERATE. HOLY hell. and they give her the most ridiculous shoes... I...I see nothing but justification of you shying away from furries..but, having known actual furries, lemme tell ya, USUALLY it never gets that bad.

Er, as for the Up B..im ok with how it is now, but i think it'd be a bit of an unpredictable offensive option if we give it the angling
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Szion wrote:

IDK WHAT THE HAAAILLLL LEGEND OF KRYSTAL IS BUT BASED SOLELY ON GOOGLE IMAGE THIS IS MUCH FARTHER INTO FURRIES THAN I CAN TOLERATE. HOLY hell. and they give her the most ridiculous shoes... I...I see nothing but justification of you shying away from furries..but, having known actual furries, lemme tell ya, USUALLY it never gets that bad.

Er, as for the Up B..im ok with how it is now, but i think it'd be a bit of an unpredictable offensive option if we give it the angling

I know, sir. I'm fine with the people, but just don't expect me to approach the community. ^ ^;

Now, back on topic; Does anyone here have any other ideas that could help with making Krystal feel closer to the other landmasters while still being unique?
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Szion wrote:

I know, sir. I'm fine with the people, but just don't expect me to approach the community. ^ ^;

Now, back on topic; Does anyone here have any other ideas that could help with making Krystal feel closer to the other landmasters while still being unique?

...Land-cancelling guns?

...alsosinceimhere does anyone know where stamina mode went??
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Szion wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
Szion wrote:

...Land-cancelling  guns?

...alsosinceimhere does anyone know where stamina mode went??

Like what Falco does? Shoot your laser, then land without lag and shoot again? That could work, actually.

(You should ask elsewhere for future reference, but like all special modes they're part of the individual character settings. Click the "settings" bar on the top right of your character portrait on the Character Select Screen and you can change your character to have its own individual stats. That way, you can have both Stamina and Stock, or have a Stamina-vs-Percentage mode!)
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:26 am

(thanks, i ended up figuring that out shortly after i posted here x.x)

and yeah like falco. i believe fox has that feature too.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:49 am

Szion wrote:

(No problem. ^u^)

Does he? I never play as Fox too much.

Lastly, should we give her a Landmaster than flies higher than Fox's but is slower on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Szion wrote:

(No problem. ^u^)

Lastly, should we give her a Landmaster than flies higher than Fox's but is slower on the ground?
i dont think she should have any vehicle at all tbh. x.x
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Szion wrote:

(No problem. ^u^)

Hell NO! Her current Final Smash is ok, we don't need another Landmaster!
I think that for make her Side Special different from other characters, Crusade could make it so if Krystal doesn't catches it, she won't be able to use moves that use the staff until it dissapears.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Krystal Discussion Fox_mccloud_serves_breakfast_by_cammiluna
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:20 pm

desu wrote:

Hell NO! Her current Final Smash is ok, we don't need another Landmaster!
I think that for make her Side Special different from other characters, Crusade could make it so if Krystal doesn't catches it, she won't be able to use moves that use the staff until it dissapears.

Joke desune~~

Also that staff idea is less unique and more of a crippling nerf. o-o

I like it the way it is, but if it's bothering a lot of people, it's best to just change it to something else, as opposed to... Removing roughly 60% of her moveset while active.

I mean why would you ever use that attack?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Why do you want to make Krystal more like the other SF characters? That's a terrible idea.

What I really don't get is why Krystal doesn't use her staff abilities. That's like Pit being unable to shoot with his bow, or Robin being unable to cast spells from his tomes. She already essentially has a special set built in to her staff (fireballs, ice blaster, rocket boost, ground quake), plus she can use something related to the Krozoa spirits for her final smash. You can even keep the assault weaponry (make the ice blaster a smash attack and now there's room for the Demon Sniper. Maybe barrier can still be down special with the quake being down smash).
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Roy wrote:
Why do you want to make Krystal more like the other SF characters? That's a terrible idea.

What I really don't get is why Krystal doesn't use her staff abilities. That's like Pit being unable to shoot with his bow, or Robin being unable to cast spells from his tomes. She already essentially has a special set built in to her staff (fireballs, ice blaster, rocket boost, ground quake), plus she can use something related to the Krozoa spirits for her final smash. You can even keep the assault weaponry (make the ice blaster a smash attack and now there's room for the Demon Sniper. Maybe barrier can still be down special with the quake being down smash).

Mainly because they're typically top-tier and carrying over those traits will help her compete better with the rest of the team. Also because it seems to be a theme with them. We're not trying to make her exactly like them, mind you, just trying to find one or two thematic similarities that would help her overall (for example, the angled U-Spec); Project M this is not.

I do, however, like the idea of the other abilities. I think that her staff's abilities and her Assault weaponry should be well-mixed; say for example that two Specials focus on her staff's abilities (I'm thinking U-Spec and F-Spec), and the other two would be Assault weaponry. The same balance should be applied to her Smash attacks as well, along with some aerials, while the basic attacks (jab, tilts, N-Air) focus on melee attacks with the staff.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Roy wrote:

Mainly because they're typically top-tier and carrying over those traits will help her compete better with the rest of the team.

That's what balancing is for.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Dustination wrote:

That's what balancing is for.

W-well I liked the angling idea. B-baka. >^>

But if we are going to try to incorporate her staff abilities more, I can only help in functionality. As was mentioned previously I don't have too many ties to her and I don't want to get in the way of injecting more canon into the laser mammal's moveset.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Krystal Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krystal Discussion   Krystal Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Krystal Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next