View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Weegee Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Iron Joe wrote:
Watching gameplay of the guy from the Apex '15 tournament, dude looks like a freakin' boss character. Down Smash kills at 37%? That's ridiculous. Should be either nerfed heavily or tournament banned.
That's like saying Warlock Punch should be banned at all tournaments. Don't be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Iron Joe
Level 2 CPU
Iron Joe

WarriorWare

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Warlock Punch takes a long time to charge and doesn't have a very large hitbox, at least not in both directions. You can punish a Warlock Punch by attacking from behind, whereas in the case of Weegee's Down Smash, you're just gonna have to wait from miles away. Even attacking from above is risky because he doesn't have to fully charge it.

This combined with Weegee's extreme weight and absurd frame data makes him look pretty OP to me. He doesn't seem to have a single bad or even lacking stat on the board.

Maybe that Weegee player made him look better than he is? It didn't look like Weegee was even flinching from attacks.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:37 am

I assure you that you can simply walk up and attack Weegee with anything while he's doing dsmash. It takes three seconds to actually hit, during which time he's totally vulnerable.

Weegee's annoying, but Apex15 did NOT showcase his potential in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Doesn't his D-Smash have lag to it? I don't really remember
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun May 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Tons of startup
Back to top Go down
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU
MonadoBoy16

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Can an Admin lock this topic, because Weegee has been removed from the game.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 9:15 pm

MonadoBoy16 wrote:

He is still on the Current public build
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU
MonadoBoy16

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 4:09 am

Athorment wrote:
MonadoBoy16 wrote:

The newer 0.9.2. Removes him
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 am

Weegee's being removed, huh? I'm cool with that. That's the one big thing people had against Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:05 am

MonadoBoy16 wrote:
Athorment wrote:
MonadoBoy16 wrote:

The newer 0.9.2. Removes him

I know, I'm a developer. He is still on the Current Public Build
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 3:24 pm

That's disappointing.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 10:27 am

Is he really gone for good? If so, I'll be sad, but I guess I'll have to deal with it! R.I.P. Crusade Weegee. 2012-2018
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 2:10 pm

Unfortunately, one of the devs told me that any character besides the veterans has a chance of being cut. Tingle, Shantae, Gooey, Saki, Krystal, Ristar, Rayman, Mach Rider etc. I will miss these characters if they get cut. Crusade in my opinion will feel very different without them.
Back to top Go down
SkilliSmash
Level 2 CPU
SkilliSmash

Ryu
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 2:38 pm

SwitchStationX wrote:
Unfortunately, one of the devs told me that any character besides the veterans has a chance of being cut. Tingle, Shantae, Gooey, Saki, Krystal, Ristar, Rayman, Mach Rider etc. I will miss these characters if they get cut. Crusade in my opinion will feel very different without them.

He was cut due to how extremely irrelevant he was. Its also one of the reasons why this game became a meme as he is already ( being an old one at that). So devs are putting effort to make this game professional as possible without that.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 2:59 pm

@SkilliSmash

Yeah, he was a meme, but I still found him fun to play (he's in my top 10 best fighters), like I said, it just won't feel the same without him in my opinion. Also, shouldn't Goku be cut too then? Because he's a meme in the Smash community (although he was originally an anime, not a meme). Also, like I mentioned earlier, one of the devs told me that nobody besides the vets are safe, because they have a chance of being cut as well. I know not all of them, but ones like Tingle, Ristar, Krystal, Toad, Gooey, Goku, Knuckles, Mach Rider, etc. Any of these characters could be cut sooner or later. But I understand what you said, Weegee is pretty irrelevant and the devs are trying to make the game professional, and I totally respect that, and it made perfect sense to cut him. I don't mind this approach at all actually. But yeah, correct me if I'm wrong oof.
Back to top Go down
SkilliSmash
Level 2 CPU
SkilliSmash

Ryu
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 3:25 pm

SwitchStationX wrote:
@SkilliSmash

Yeah, he was a meme, but I still found him fun to play (he's in my top 10 best fighters), like I said, it just won't feel the same without him in my opinion. Also, shouldn't Goku be cut too then? Because he's a meme in the Smash community (although he was originally an anime, not a meme). Also, like I mentioned earlier, one of the devs told me that nobody besides the vets are safe, because they have a chance of being cut as well. I know not all of them, but ones like Tingle, Ristar, Krystal, Toad, Gooey, Goku, Knuckles, Mach Rider, etc. Any of these characters could be cut sooner or later. But I understand what you said, Weegee is pretty irrelevant and the devs are trying to make the game professional, and I totally respect that, and it made perfect sense to cut him. I don't mind this approach at all actually. But yeah, correct me if I'm wrong oof.

I would cri if either one of them got removed but yea he is pretty fun to play as.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 3:34 pm

@SkilliSmash

Weegee's gonna need lots and lots ice cream. If I were the creator of a game, I personally wouldn't care if it became a meme, but hey, everyone's different. By the way, how would you react if there was a Smash fan game with every character from Smash Bros Ultimate, Super Smash Flash 2, and Super Smash Bros Crusade?
Back to top Go down
SkilliSmash
Level 2 CPU
SkilliSmash

Ryu
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 7:18 pm

SwitchStationX wrote:
@SkilliSmash

Weegee's gonna need lots and lots ice cream. If I were the creator of a game, I personally wouldn't care if it became a meme, but hey, everyone's different. By the way, how would you react if there was a Smash fan game with every character from Smash Bros Ultimate, Super Smash Flash 2, and Super Smash Bros Crusade?

Sounds like a piece of gold, though it'll be intense hell to work on.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 11:12 am

SwitchStationX wrote:

I doubt someone else will get cut, especially the characters that are new/got a rework. Weegee on the other hand was not only a dead meme but also an unpolished mess. The devs didn't lose much by cutting him.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 7:42 pm

TaXMan wrote: "I doubt someone else will get cut, especially the characters that are new/got a rework. Weegee on the other hand was not only a dead meme but also an unpolished mess. The devs didn't lose much by cutting him."

I hope not, Mach Rider is my main. Plus him and Porky have god like voices. Seriously, their voices are incredibly unique. Mach Rider sounds a bit like Falcon, he sounds bada** and it fits the character very well in my opinion. Porky's voice is hilarious, especially his KO sounds. Like "NO FAIR, I'M OLD!" or "I'M MILLION YEARS ALREADY?!?!?! (I believe he says "I'm" not "A" although it sounds like "a". And many characters I like. I know, the one who told me was a dev, but I hope he's wrong, cuz I don't want any characters to be removed (even Snivy and Tingle). Plus, I hope Inkling gets in!
Back to top Go down
Koletrain904
Level 3 CPU
Koletrain904

Kirby
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 8:50 pm

SwitchStationX wrote:
TaXMan wrote: "I doubt someone else will get cut, especially the characters that are new/got a rework. Weegee on the other hand was not only a dead meme but also an unpolished mess. The devs didn't lose much by cutting him."

I hope not, Mach Rider is my main. Plus him and Porky have god like voices. Seriously, their voices are incredibly unique. Mach Rider sounds a bit like Falcon, he sounds bada** and it fits the character very well in my opinion. Porky's voice is hilarious, especially his KO sounds. Like "NO FAIR, I'M OLD!" or "I'M MILLION YEARS ALREADY?!?!?! (I believe he says "I'm" not "A" although it sounds like "a". And many characters I like. I know, the one who told me was a dev, but I hope he's wrong, cuz I don't want any characters to be removed (even Snivy and Tingle). Plus, I hope Inkling gets in!

That is true. Porky & Mach rider and many other characters do have unique voice clips, but there are some that need to have newer clips like Saki, Shadow, heck maybe Ristar can be given a voice instead of just sfx...but eh thats just me.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 am

@Koletrain904

Yeah, Shadow's voice needs to be updated. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles got their voices switched to their current actors. Sonic is now voiced by Roger Craig Smith, Tails is now voiced by Colleen Villard, and Knuckles is voiced by Travis Willingham. Shadow on the other hand, is still voiced by Jason Griffith. He should be voiced by Kirk Thornton now. Not sure if they intentionally did this, or if they forgot. Fox and Falco's voices are fine to me because I think they are better than their current ones (unless Ultimate has better voices for them). But Kirby REALLY needs a voice change. I cannot stand his Brawl voice, it sounds nothing like Kirby. Even his Melee voice is better. I can say that it's better than his 64 voice, but it's still bad. I hope they give him his Sm4sh voice like with Ness. Saki's clips were reused from Brawl and Sm4sh, so he should get a new voice actor so he can have KO sounds. I don't really think Ristar needs an actually voice. He has a few voice clips. He says "C'mon!" in his starting animation, he speaks random gibberish in one of his taunts, and in his victory pose, he has a little "AH" sound! Other than that, I don't think a whole voice is necessary for Ristar.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 3:11 pm

For those who want proof that more characters might get removed, the dev was Traweezie. He told me in the comments in one of his videos, and he said that he's a dev (for those who think I'm lying, his name is listed in the Crusade credits, plus I believe he's a balancer). Here's a link to that video, go to the comment section and you'll see what he said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN_WfAZKUnw (Jake The Infinite is me BTW)
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 5:58 pm

I highly doubt they'd put as much effort into making these characters just to cut the roster. Weegee was made using completely recycled assets, nothing custom, and was a mess any. Traweezie could easily be trolling.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 9:57 pm

KeybladeSmasher wrote:
I highly doubt they'd put as much effort into making these characters just to cut the roster. Weegee was made using completely recycled assets, nothing custom, and was a mess any. Traweezie could easily be trolling.

Your avatar goes perfectly with this comment
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 4:30 am

While there is a chance (a very small one mind you) anymore characters could be removed. It really only happens in extreme circumstances. Like with Weegee here. The closest 2nd character to fit that bill would be Goku.

Weegee... Oh where do I even begin with this thing. What I have to mention first is that Weegee was never really planned to be included to begin with. Unique circumstances from many years ago lead to this. To shortly sum it up. Weegee was made for fun by two devs. Who neither intended for this to be public at all. Some other devs knew about this too. Then one of them (who was not involved in the creation of Weegee, nor do they work here anymore) suggested it to a old higher up dev that also doesn't work here anymore. Then the suggestion was accepted without every dev agreeing to this in the first place. (Including me) Announced at a forum post at McCleodGaming forum. Then the rest is history...

We had a strong stance on not removing characters already in since all of them has their fans. Regardless how odd they may be. With only Goku threading on the very thinnest line considering him originating from a Manga rather than a video game. Stages has been removed in the past since they fit poorly with our current art style, but most people aren't as attached to stages compared to playable characters. Then Weegee himself only complicated this further than ever. Who is a meme/parody based off a flawed sprite. Made into it's own "character" as a joke. Not a true established character starring a video game appearence. Mario is Missing PC not counting since that's still supposed to be Luigi after all. This "character" just went against our vision many times more than with Goku in every way possible. It's like adding... Sonic.exe as a character. Ugh, it hurts to type that just now.

Despite that, we kind of just begrudgingly accepted it since it was too late to remove him at the time after the announcement and him existing in the game. But that acceptance could only last for so long. (Which lasted too long in hindsight) As the problem is only exemplified further by how out of place he really is. A lot of people being straight out confused by his inclusion, and how for example several Youtubers focusing on Weegee rather than Shantae herself when she was newly added. Simply put, Enough was enough.

Last edited by Mp3 Toaster on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm glad to hear that the chances of anybody else being cut is slim. I guess if Weegee is such a hindrance to deal with then removing him is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 11:17 am

Wow, I feel better. But now I feel like a moron for believing Traweezie in the first place. He could've been trolling. I could somewhat see Goku getting cut, but even then, at least HE originated from not a video game, but a manga/anime. Weegee was a meme, memes should never be in Smash. Again, I will miss Weegee because he was fun to play as in my opinion, but at the same time, Crusade can now be taken more seriously without him (unless you talk about Tingle, but even then he would be kind of cool for Smash in my opinion)! Smile Whether you want characters like Shrek, Goku, or SpongeBob in Smash or not, you can at least agree that show/movie characters deserve to be in Smash more than memes ever will. But as sad as it may be for some, you guys made the right choice, because of that, we could possibly get more quality characters (ex: Zelda, Sheik, Inkling, Villager, Diddy Kong, etc. But those are up to you guys), I'm now somewhat greatful he's cut, because now YouTubers won't constantly focus on him. And again, Crusade in general can be taken more seriously.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Cannot believe I come back after my long ass hiatus to see y'all are removing fucking Weegee

F
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Cannot believe I come back after my long ass hiatus to see y'all are removing fucking Weegee

F

RIP Weegee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weegee Discussion   Weegee Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weegee Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next