HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea: Super Smash Monsters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Idea: Super Smash Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:36 pm

A friend of mine and I have had this idea for a very long time, but I thought I might as well see what others think about it.
Super Smash Bros, but only with Pokemon.

Which Pokemon would be playable (besides the obvious smash vets and potential newcomers)? How would moves/attacks work? What sorts of items and stages would be included? Would it be stamina-based or stick with Knock Outs? Would it apply typing, STAB, and the like?

Discuss cool ideas here please?
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:18 pm

I like it Det Ok Couse the Starting Roster Would Include Pika, Jiggs and Mewtwo and Lucario would Be unlock Of cource there would be other Characters too
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:34 pm

What would the balancing be like? In Pokemon, the ability of each Pokemon is vastly different, especially compared to what it's like in a smash game. In Brawl, a well-played Ganondorf could beat a Meta Knight; there is no way in hell a Caterpie will beat a Rayquaza if both players are taking it seriously.

Also there are other problems. Wailord would fill up the whole stage, for example. Deoxys-S would be lolbroken because it would be impossible to hit and it would have zero lag on all of its attacks. Unown can't even have a moveset.

It's a great idea, but it'll need some serious tinkering for it to work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:01 pm

You missed the point Dry.

EVERY Pokemon isn't going to be playable. Det's asking for which ones WOULD be playable.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:20 pm

OH OKAY. Derp.

Well then it would be any Pokemon that doesn't make things ridiculous. So probably no Pokemon bigger than Tyranitar, no Pokemon smaller than Pichu. And probably no Unown. And I think that would be the whole roster.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:21 am

Wasn't there a topic like this on the previous forum?

But I would suppose most starters would be there (or an evo of them), and other Pokémon who are vastly popular or have had important roles in games (excluding some legendaries).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:56 am

Oh boy; incoming field day.
Perhaps you can earn TMs to customize your Pokemon's moveset by performing certain tasks or purchasing in an in-game store. This way you could add some balance to the idea of STAB and type-related bonuses.

As for items, they could possibly be implemented using the Wonder Launcher or a similar mechanic. Before each match, you could purchase stat boosts and holding items to aid your creature in battle. It would certainly be a neat idea and add some strategic elements to the game.

Not sure about the roster as a whole, but I would reserve playability for the most iconic of Pokemon, while the lesser-known/unfitting show up as assists or cameos. I don't really have any ideas for characters aside from the usual suspects.

Those are all of my ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Super Smash Monsters   Idea: Super Smash Monsters Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea: Super Smash Monsters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1