HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Well hello there.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fanttum
Level 1 CPU
Fanttum

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Hey Crusade forums, how are yall?

Oh me? I'm doing great, thanks for asking.

I heard about Crusade from the recent Kotaku article, and because I won't have the new Smash any time soon I thought I would try it out.
I played super smash flash, and yall are quite similar in some ways. While they have better sprite art, and their game feels more like real competitive smash; Crusade has quite a few more characters and some interesting things that set it apart.

I started playing some competitive Smash, such as Project M over the summer, and while I don't think this game is quite ready for anything serious, I'd love to play some people online to see how well I have adapted in the day I have played this game. Can anyone point out how to play online? I can't seam to find any recent or reliable posts about it. I'd also be happy to play with you if you teach me how.

Also in my search I found that Bowser was just added in this update. Shame, shame on you Crusade, Bowser is my main Wink
He also seams really powerful, so I would love to test him out on someone. Peaty Parana also has some devious combs to her aswell, and this whole air dashing thing makes these slower characters quite the threat. Perhaps I will make a tread over in the Character discussions later, but just throwing out my initial thoughts.

So where is the welcome party? Tell me the good news!

- F
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/fanttum/gucci-mane-and-waka-flocka-confir
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Interesting that you find SSF2 the more competitive game while our controls are more suited to it (with walk vs run translating perfectly to tilt vs smash as compared to console, in terms of tap jumping/fastfalling among other things), our characters are more balanced, our game plays at 60 fps rather than 30 making it feel smoother and more responsive for tight control, and having far more competitive features and advanced techniques preserved from console.  As someone who has been playing both competitively for years and actually started with SSF2, someone who is a member of both Back Rooms, someone who plays competitive melee and P:M for a long time now and even dabbled in competitive Brawl/64, and lastly someone who has been hosting regional smash tournaments for 2 years, I think i can confidently say that competitive SSF2 pales in comparison to competitive SSBC.

This isn't the first time i've seen that opinion come up though, so i'm curious where it comes from when there's so much evidence on the contrary.  My guess would be that the competitive side of SSBC is harder to grasp by sheer number of characters and the obvious draw to it's party side since it has so many characters, 6 player play, and other such features that draw casual attention.  It's also hard to break into competitive SSBC or even analyze it at all first time around because there are simply too many matchups and it's easy to label characters you dont yet understand as broken or underpowered.  For example a lot of people feel like Little Mac is underpowered when they first play him, but if you master him every hit should lead to a kill.  Similar case with Ryu, who requires a solid understanding of his Street Fighter cancels.  Or on the flipside, you could play as Knuckles and think his Rock toss is broken, or as Ristar and think neutral B is broken, but then try that against a long-timer like myself or Traw or Mercury or any balancer really, and find that tactic to be completely ineffective.

A great parallel to this would be old competitive Melee.  In the early competitive days, Sheik and Marth were the best characters.  Jigglypuff was horrible.  Look how much that has changed now.  It's human to make harsh judgements of a character simply because you dont understand them yet, or because your personal style doesnt click with them rather than them actually being bad.  So, when you have 60 of these, some of whom have totally unique styles or gimmicks, it's easy to start making false judgements about various characters and end up hurting your view of a perfectly fine competitive game.

This guy makes some good points about this stuff:
http://smashboards.com/threads/my-thoughts-on-these-tier-list.369750/

If you want to know more about competitive SSBC, i'd recommend talking to any of the balancers through pm or chat.  There's plenty to take in and once you do, it's highly satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:46 pm

I'll take you on

LongMeIn Hamachi Network

SSBSK

Back to top Go down
Fanttum
Level 1 CPU
Fanttum

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Smash King wrote:
I'll take you on

LongMeIn Hamachi Network

SSBSK

So wanna explain how this works? I read this post, but it doesn't explain how to set it up :/

Then in reply to @Perfect Hell,
What I ment by it being closer to real smash it how easily the move sets and characters just feel like the real games. Their attacks and timing are based off the original much more so then Crusade I feel like so far.
Now this being said I have only played a few hours of Crusade so far, and because it is so much different it has kept me interested longer than flash did. Also I have no idea which characters are strong, weak, etc, because I have played so little so far, and with so many match ups things could be interesting for longer.

Also because you are both devs it seams, i'd like to ask what kinda architecture are yall using? Is it just flash too? or some custom C+ or something else?
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Hey, while I may not get Hamachi 100% I'm looking for someone to play too.

Can you tell me what you've all done so far? :3

I mean heck, I expected a really active online community. Or some group that had a big community somewhere. What's the point of an online mode if it's under utilized.
Back to top Go down
Fanttum
Level 1 CPU
Fanttum

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Nights Owl wrote:

I mean heck, I expected a really active online community. Or some group that had a big community somewhere. What's the point of an online mode if it's under utilized.

What I've done, well just played by myself so far haha. Idk how the online works, or how to work it so beats me.
I'll totally play you if and when we can. I wanna see if me 4 stocking a bunch of com's lives up to any actual real skill.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Fanttum wrote:
Nights Owl wrote:

What I've done, well just played by myself so far haha. Idk how the online works, or how to work it so beats me.
I'll totally play you if and when we can. I wanna see if me 4 stocking a bunch of com's lives up to any actual real skill.

I believe you need to download hamachi before anything of the sort can work? I've never touched online either. xD
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Fanttum wrote:

I heard about Crusade from the recent Kotaku article, and because I won't have the new Smash any time soon I thought I would try it out.
I played super smash flash, and yall are quite similar in some ways. While they have better sprite art, and their game feels more like real competitive smash; Crusade has quite a few more characters and some interesting things that set it apart.

I started playing some competitive Smash, such as Project M over the summer, and while I don't think this game is quite ready for anything serious, I'd love to play some people online to see how well I have adapted in the day I have played this game. Can anyone point out how to play online? I can't seam to find any recent or reliable posts about it. I'd also be happy to play with you if you teach me how.

Also in my search I found that Bowser was just added in this update. Shame, shame on you Crusade, Bowser is my main Wink
He also seams really powerful, so I would love to test him out on someone. Peaty Parana also has some devious combs to her aswell, and this whole air dashing thing makes these slower characters quite the threat. Perhaps I will make a tread over in the Character discussions later, but just throwing out my initial thoughts.

- F

Well I play both games at a high level and I can say crusade is better competitively. Right now flash 2 has really weird hit boxes and pretty jank stuff.

Last edited by Traweezie on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Fanttum
Level 1 CPU
Fanttum

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Traweezie wrote:
Fanttum wrote:

- F

Well I play both games at a high level and I can say crusade is better competitively. Right now flash 2 has really weird hit boxes and pretty jank stuff. I suggest you learn crusade a bit before you decide to say that it's not competitive

I never said it wasn't competitive Wink
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Fanttum wrote:
Traweezie wrote:
Fanttum wrote:

- F

Well I play both games at a high level and I can say crusade is better competitively. Right now flash 2 has really weird hit boxes and pretty jank stuff. I suggest you learn crusade a bit before you decide to say that it's not competitive

Yeah I just reread what you said and edited the last part but yeah if you're willing to play a few rounds we can play
Back to top Go down
Fanttum
Level 1 CPU
Fanttum

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Traweezie wrote:
Fanttum wrote:
Traweezie wrote:
Fanttum wrote:

- F

Yeah I just reread what you said and edited the last part but yeah if you're willing to play a few rounds we can play

Cool so wanna explain how to connect online?
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Hellow there, Fanttum, Im Johnny64, as you can see from my username.
I would love to aid you in anything competitive related, so if you have ANY questions, just ask, myself and the Backroom members are willing to answer your questions.

And about Crusade, WHO do you main?

I personally main Snake, and Goku
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:20 pm

Fanttum wrote:
Traweezie wrote:
Fanttum wrote:
Traweezie wrote:
Fanttum wrote:

- F

Cool so wanna explain how to connect online?

PM me and I'll explain it to you
Back to top Go down
Fanttum
Level 1 CPU
Fanttum

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Johnny64 wrote:
Hellow there, Fanttum, Im Johnny64, as you can see from my username.
I would love to aid you in anything competitive related, so if you have ANY questions, just ask, myself and the Backroom members are willing to answer your questions.

And about Crusade, WHO do you main?

I personally main Snake, and Goku

I'm loving Bowser so far just cause I know him and he hits so hard.

Also when competitive, what kind of air dodge should I use?
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Fanttum wrote:
I'm loving Bowser so far just cause I know him and he hits so hard.

Also when competitive, what kind of air dodge should I use?

Melee airdodge is the most accepted in terms of competitive playing, however, that doesn't mean the other Airdodges aren't viable, or selectable, choose what you like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well hello there.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well hello there.    Well hello there.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Well hello there.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com