View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Thoughts on Pac-Man Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:10 am

Having not attended the locations where the new characters were available, I dived into the newcomers with my friend almost immediately. I played all of them except Klonoa so far, but one that really caught my attention more than any of them was Pac-Man. Not because of his appearance or anything, but there is a lot of strange ideas encompassed in his moveset.

First of all, I'm not one hundred percent sure what his Neutral-B is supposed to accomplish (Although I obviously understand what it's supposed to represent). All I remember is that I believe it possessed a superarmor property and that the aerial version put you into freefall.

The Up and Side special are fine, both very useful and very fun to use.

But... the Down Special? I find this attack weird as all I have to do is walk up to an opponent, use it, and it auto-combos depending on which version I use. It has decent knockback, too. I understand what this move represents as well but just... why? I can't really finger out any weaknesses to the attack besides maybe the startup, or maybe a whiff.

Everything else seems pretty alright. Give me some feedback, I want to see what these moves are supposed to be used for.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 am

Neutral special breaks a shield instantly.

Not sure if down special's changed since I last balanced it, but it's very unsafe on shield, and easily shielded because of startup.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:32 am

You can also simply jump over a down b, and then punish afterward.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Down special is suposed to be a counter, not a reliable one, for that matter, but it's not completely useless. It may have armor, thought im not sure
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Johnny64 wrote:
Down special is suposed to be a counter, not a reliable one, for that matter, but it's not completely useless. It may have armor, thought im not sure
Doesn't exactly work that way since it auto targets the opponent when within range.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Okay, I was wondering what was so good about the neutral special. So it's kind of a Jiggly-pound type deal?

As for the Down-Special, I just wanted to make sure I was using it right, because it seemed like it was a go-to move for any scary situation. I soon learned that this was only true against CPU players, because when my friend mirror matched me, I got punished like crazy.

Thanks guys! Hope this new update will bloom with more surprises!
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Just out of curiosity, from which game does Pac-Man's victory theme originate from?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:27 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
Just out of curiosity, from which game does Pac-Man's victory theme originate from?

Pac-Man Arrangement, my personal favorite game of the franchise. It's the stage complete theme.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 12:50 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:

Pac-Man Arrangement, my personal favorite game of the franchise. It's the stage complete theme.

Ah, I see. It's like a sped up version. Btw that game is the bomb! Smile

EDIT: Wait nvm it's exactly the same. Huh, remembered it a bit different back then.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:57 pm

After reading, We're still not sure as to what exactly down-special does, or just me if someone can explain in novice terms. From the look of it, it's nothing special with some combo slapping. Am hoping it's more than just that.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:10 pm

I am unsure why this topic wasn't mentioned at all yet.

Pac-man is a weird character gameplay-wise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Doqtor Kirby wrote:
I am unsure why this topic wasn't mentioned at all yet.

Pac-man is a weird character gameplay-wise.

Because I made this thread almost two weeks prior to that one. But on that note, this thread can probably be locked now.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:29 pm

In my opinion pacman should have the same moveset like in smash bros. wiiu/3ds.
I really like the moveset.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Doesn't Pac-Man discussion belong in the official characters thread?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:

This post was created before the official characters thread was made.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm

Alucard wrote:
In my opinion pacman should have the same moveset like in smash bros. wiiu/3ds.
I really like the moveset.
I agree, but I don't. Razz I really like the SSBC Side B and especially Up B. Down B is fun as well. I do like some of Pac-Man's normals in SSB4 though, such as the ones involving the ghosts (even if canonically they don't make much sense).
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:

Im aware of that, but now the thread does exist. Therefore this thread should be locked and discussion should be moved to the appropriate place.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:

Im aware of that, but now the thread does exist.  Therefore this thread should be locked and discussion should be moved to the appropriate place.

Oh, sorry. That IS a good point though.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
discussion should be moved to the appropriate place.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Pac-Man   Thoughts on Pac-Man Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Pac-Man
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1