HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frogger 2: Concept Art

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Frogger 2: Concept Art Empty
PostSubject: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Ripped by yours truly.

Art:
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Can I just say, Frogger 2 was the greatest game of all time and nobody can argue against it.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Can I just say, Frogger 2 was the greatest game of all time and nobody can argue against it.
Mario 64
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:27 pm

PS1 Frogger was the best Frogger
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:15 am

Johnny64 wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Mario 64
IF I'M HONEST, did not enjoy Mario 64, I did enjoy Mario 64 DS though, probably didn't enjoy Mario 64 because I got it late, comparing it to SMG, I prefer SMG.
Also, Frogger 2 is only my best childhood game, it probably really sucks in the end... but, you know, we all know the best game ever...

Pikmin 2.
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:26 am

Pikmin who? I'm sorry but I'm not a pikmin fan. If I grew up with it I would but alas i didnt. My childhood was all in Road Rash for the 64.
Dustination wrote:
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:28 am

Gamey DJ wrote:
Pikmin who? I'm sorry but I'm not a pikmin fan. If I grew up with it I would but alas i didnt. My childhood was all in Road Rash for the 64.
Dustination wrote:
Agreed.

A lot of people aren't Pikmin fans, but watever.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 am

I remember playing Frogger 2 actually... I could never get past the first level where you had to use the pink girl frog, though. I think it was a Egypt/desert level or something.

If the disc hadn't been destroyed eons ago I might go out and try again now that I'm not a babbling littl'un anymore. Maybe on my next run to the used stuff store I'll see what they have PS1 games-wise, maybe they'll have a copy.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 pm

To all those who claim Frogger 1 is better; in many ways it is. It is a longer game, and much harder/rewarding. However, the first frogger I ever played was Frogger 2 and not 1! In fact this one was one of the treasured games of my childhood alongside Lego Racers, Toy Story 2, Donald Duck: Quack Attack etc.

In my opinion Frogger 2 was more pleasing atmospherically and visually. The stages were well thought out and the music, though no neccesarily better than the one of the first game, was very fitting. Focusing on the stages, they had distinct themes and sub-themes (example: underground: mines, lava caves, ant nest etc), were very impressive visually. Not only because of the graphics, but also because of the scenery and the art direction. I remember the ant nest stage. The first time I enetered the segment where you exit the nest and run though aisles of leaves carried by ants, while you are being wary of the gigantic mosquitoes, was amazing. Not to mention the "DI5C0 lab" stage and it's beautiful colors, or that huge techno-tower with the spinning fan robots from hell. All 3 Space Stages also were crazy as hell.

Good times man...

Although, now I think of it, the concept art follows the same pattern. In my opinion, it's visually very impressive and creative, not because of the quality of the sketches themsleves, but because of the ideas they reperesent. When I was little, I was blown away by the concept art, but was dissapointed to find they were no extra stages that implemented the ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frogger 2: Concept Art   Frogger 2: Concept Art Empty

Back to top Go down

Frogger 2: Concept Art
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1