Pros & Cons - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pros & Cons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Pros & Cons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 9:52 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
~ Still waiting for a reboot of the anime, sort of the same way as Fullmetal Alchemist did it with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but with better execution.

Studio BONES confirmed a while ago that they have no plans to do anymore Soul Eater material, so a reboot is most likely out of the question.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
~ Still waiting for a reboot of the anime, sort of the same way as Fullmetal Alchemist did it with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but with better execution.

Studio BONES confirmed a while ago that they have no plans to do anymore Soul Eater material, so a reboot is most likely out of the question.
Aww. I can still dream though.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:47 pm

Alrighty then

Pros & Cons - Page 2 SH_covenant

Pros:
+Really good story
+Fun Characters
+Interesting Locations
+Great Designs
+New mechanics that make the game more unique
+Wolf bouts are fun
+Almost all characters each have unique specialties that make them stand out
+Battles are much faster than in the previous installment
Cons:
-Most of the time enemies can get effects on your characters
-While there are great designs, some enemies are skin-swaps of others
-Can get easily lost from some dungeons
-Side-quests can get too long, just to get one item (with some exceptions)

Pros & Cons - Page 2 Bayonetta_box_artwork

Pros:
+Funny & Over-the-top scenes are hilarious
+Entertaining Characters
+Great & Addictive gameplay
+Fantastic Boss Battles
+Top-notch music
+Great Enemy & Boss Designs
+Climax attacks are fun to watch
+Satisfying to activate Witch-Time
+Nintendo Outfits are a nice addition
Cons:
-Serious scenes are tedious
-The Story is not that good
-Three (Technically four) enemies are frustrating to fight (Grace & Glory, Kinship, & Golem)
-Alfheim Challenges are full of bull
-Quick-Time Events
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Monster By Mistake: Pilot
Spoiler:

PROS:
- Somewhat decent story that didn't make it boring to sit through 22 minutes
- The ghost is the best character
- I did chuckle at some of the jokes

CONS:
- Poor CGI animation, though this could arguably be in this show's favor depending on how you look at it
- Voice acting save for the ghost and demon are all pretty poor; main character's voice is especially annoying to listen to, sister's is bearable
- It has pacing issues, it took its time at the beginning but then everything wrapped up so quickly
- Very predictable plot
- Main characters should not have survived the ending of the episode but do because... reasons.
- Little backstory on the demon and why he is imprisoned in a plastic hamster ball
- Intro song is laughably bad due to main character's singing (he's 8 years old to give you an idea)

Despite the cons it wasn't horrible, it actually was somewhat enjoyable (my brother summed it up decently... bad animation, alright story)
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Finally finished watching this. Would have gotten it done sooner, but there were so many hiccups along the way including losing interent connection and a busy schedule with classes and work.
Pros & Cons - Page 2 Hellsing_Ultimate_vol1_cover

Pros:
+ Animation overall was pretty good, although it went a little overboard with the CGI.

+ The Major is an absolute joy to watch and listen to. He's well voice acted and really over the top in his personality. I think some of his personality has kind of rubbed off on me.

+ The OVA's over the top feel to it is a lot of fun.

Cons:
- The characters overall weren't very engaging (aside from The Major).

- Voice acting overall is awful. While Alucard and The Major's voice acting was done very well, Integra and Seras' voice acting was really poor (and considering those two are main characters, that is something you can't give a free pass to). The rest of the cast both side and extra's acting ranged from terrible to fair. I swear I could do a better job than most of the extras, but whatever.

- I found plot points to be very confusing. I probably would've gotten a better idea of their build up if I watched the original Hellsing anime adaptation, but unfortunately it just left me confused, as it either had little build up to it, or I lacked the knowledge and lore to understand it.

- The OVA's attempts at humor ranged from meh to cringeworthy. The humor it tries to convey has little to no relevance to the situation or scene at hand, that it leaves you scratching your head in confusion.

Blurbs:
Schrödinger is probably the creepiest character I've ever seen or heard. Laura Bailey why you do dis to me!?
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Over the Garden Wall:
Pros & Cons - Page 2 Otgw
Pros:
+ Fantastic Characters
+ Entertaining story
+ The creativity is astonishing
+ Visuals and animations help settle the colorful yet dark/creepy tone

Cons:
- Way too short
- Almost at the end, the main character sometimes act like a dick

Inferno Cop:
Pros & Cons - Page 2 SWtyyFk
Pros:
+ Animation is intentionally bad
+ Funny and over-the-top
+ Totally best characters
+ Totally best story

Cons:
- Not funny enough
- Intentionally bad voice acting felt annoying (with the exception of Inferno Cop, and a few others that I ain't gonna spoil >:p)
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:34 am

My sister got me into Over The Garden Wall, and I'm definitely thankful I was exposed to it. Mastery in animation.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:01 am

That second con in Over the Garden Wall makes no sense
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:27 am

StayPuft wrote:
That second con in Over the Garden Wall makes no sense

Guess I should've worded it better

There were some points where Wirt (The said main character) comes off as a dick (more so of the serious moments than in the funnier moments). It doesn't completely destroy the character, but loses some of his credibility.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:31 am

Which points?

Yeah, he's kind of mean to Greg. I think that's part of his character, though. It's stated that they're step-brothers, so Wirt probably doesn't have that strong of a connection to Greg at the beginning, like you'd expect blood brothers to have. In addition, Wirt's the kind of guy who just wants to get home, while all sort of weird stuff keeps happening, with Greg just adding to the annoyance. So it can be sort of expected - but it plays out really well. It's also nice to see Wirt at the end deciding that he's basically been wrong the entire time and comes to love Greg as a brother. It's good character development.

Course, that's just what I think. It's been a while since I first caught it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Never played the last 7 games suggested on this thread, so I can't comment on it.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Smash King wrote:
Never played the last 7 games suggested on this thread, so I can't comment on it.
Than just comment on the games you've played.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 11:31 am

Finally finished watching since I originally lost my spot.
Pros & Cons - Page 2 300?cb=20140508230509

Pros:
+ The pacing and build up to events is done pretty well compared to the original Soul Eater.

+ Despite its lighthearted tone, it does have its dark moments which shake things up a little bit and breaks up some of the monotony.

+ The different art style is pretty nice and not diverging to the point where you don't recognize familiar characters.

+ Ending was kind of disappointing but satisfying overall.

+ It gives more development to some of the side characters which is pretty nice as it doesn't overall make them just extras.

+ I like how it gives a different perspective of student life at the academy for those who aren't as skilled.

Cons:
- A little too fluffy for my tastes.

- While the animation was nice, it felt like a step down from Soul Eater's level.

- The new main characters overall weren't really that engaging.

- With the showing of familiar characters, it is pretty fan servicy. While it's nice to see them, some of them get very little screen time and then are never seen again, while others get a little too much screen time.

- While I do appreciate the newer art style, I feel as if it doesn't really give itself much of an identity compared to other anime. Though it gives me a much better appreciation of the original art style.

Blurbs:
~ I feel Soul Eater Not is definitely under appreciated as it does have its moments, Granted, it isn't as good as the original Soul Eater, but it does have its moments of where it does things better, albeit slightly.

~ Do I recommend this anime? Not really if cutesy fluff isn't really your thing.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm

Let's bring this back again (putting Pros & Cons to spoilers just to hide...spoilers)
Pros & Cons - Page 2 Ys_Celceta_Box
Ys: Memories of Celectia:

Pros & Cons - Page 2 Cthulhu
Cthulhu Saves the World:

Pros & Cons - Page 2 GRtitle
Generator Rex:

Pros & Cons - Page 2 Official_logo_for_RWBY"
RWBY:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pros & Cons   Pros & Cons - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pros & Cons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com