HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you guys use Rooster Boost?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

How do you guys use Rooster Boost? Empty
PostSubject: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 12:59 pm

So, I've have playing with Cap a lot lately and I have been wondering about Rooster Boost and its uses.

On some occasions and on somewhat higher percents, it can used after down throw, but not reliably. A couple of other times I have incercepted a recovery or 2 with it. I think it has a pretty sutiational usability, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Raptor Boost*

Also, what version are you playing, 0.8.4 or 0.9 test?
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:01 pm

I prefer rooster

0.9 test
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:54 pm

This is assuming you're playing against people, but you can just dash dance and fake the foe out in order to land one, or lcancel a Nair, Dair, weak knee and maybe his other aerials into one. You can tech chase with it too, and on hit you get lots of aerials depending on the foe's fall speed. Also, if you whiff it you can just run away if you missed completely or try a jab on a shield right after if they blocked it.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Actually the only use for this move ever is chasing roll dodges or techs. You won't be following up a Nair with this, or anything else for that matter. Dthrow yes, but that's because it leads to a tech chase and i mentioned those.

Chasing a tech with this requires reading the direction in which they will roll, that's not too hard so it's a decent tech chase option considering how well it can be combo'd off of. For the most part though the move is useless, because even in these situations there is a better possible option, such as a re-grab, stomp, knee, etc. Still a fun move, but it's almost never your optimal choice.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:30 am

Guys, thanks to both of you for answering.

Perfect hell, in regards to you saying that there always is an optimal option, don't you think that this should change somehow. I mean, what's the point in having a move that NEVER is the optimal choice? Nevertheless, I am not competievely oriented and I don't really know whether it's possible to do that without changing the move itself or anything of the sort. Whatsmore, I think people are more or less fine with how cap is at the moment.

So what I am suggesting is looking into whether RB can become the optimal choice at something, assuming this hasn't already been examined.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:38 am

A lot of moves are never an optimal choice. Competitively speaking, standard attacks (and especially aerials) are generally more useful than special moves.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Dry wrote:
A lot of moves are never an optimal choice. Competitively speaking, standard attacks (and especially aerials) are generally more useful than special moves.

Mostly because special moves generally alter the character's movement, and/or has more start-up than standards and aerials, right?
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:47 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Dry wrote:

Mostly because special moves generally alter the character's movement, and/or has more start-up than standards and aerials, right?

Hype I think you're correct. Aerials don't generally compromise your mobility and are far less predictable (as a rule of a thump) than specials.

Now I think of it, it really doesn't matter if a move never is the optimal choice. If it's viable but infrequent, it can still be used to make your strategy less predictable. Still, I don't like the sound of moves (such as Raptor Boost) being useless.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:45 pm

If i were to make a list of moves in Crusade that are never the optimal competitive choice, it would be massive. That doesn't necessarily mean useless, sometimes it's just easier to use a side B after someone's tech than it is to actually follow it. We're human. But technically speaking, there would have been a better option. This also doesn't mean the move needs buffs, because then we'd be buffing/changing a huge list of moves.

Aerials are in general the best moves by far because you can control mobility while doing them, and you can l-cancel them. With ground attacks or specials you are stuck with the amount of endlag frames that move has no matter what, but with an aerial you can fast fall to the ground and l-cancel, drastically reducing lag. This makes aerials much harder to punish, and also allows them to be better in combos because you can more quickly follow up. In general we try to do things with ground moves to make them good as well, such as great kill power on smashes, interrupt frames on combo tools, gimmicks and stuns, etc. but as a general rule of thumb, aerials are the best attacks while ground attacks and specials are meant for more specific situations.
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:38 am

I have not download this game this is blocked
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 am

I have more character for super smash bros crusade v0.8
I play with my friend online game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 am

The roster i have unlocked the 4 character he has Nintendo , Sega ,Capcom , Mangas
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 am

download this game
site www.uptodown.com and searh super smash bros crusade
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:56 am

Zoro90

We have been impressed with your language skills, reasoning, forum rules abiding personality and maturity. We, the forum administration, have been in lack of capable moderators for a while now and have always been searching for a capable person to fill this gap. If would you be interested in such a position, do not hesitate to pm me or Smash King with details of your skills and previous forum experiences. Please apply only if you are genuinely interested and are willing to commit to this task.

Project Crusade Forum Administation Member
Slissith
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:58 am

Zoro, stop. You've posted on multiple topics that had pretty much nothing to with your posts. In addition to posting 4 times in a row right above this post. Use the edit function instead of posting again.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Festival
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Slissith wrote:
Zoro90

We have been impressed with your language skills, reasoning, forum rules abiding personality and maturity. We, the forum administration, have been in lack of capable moderators for a while now and have always been searching for a capable person to fill this gap. If would you be interested in such a position, do not hesitate to pm me or Smash King with details of your skills and previous forum experiences. Please apply only if you are genuinely interested and are willing to commit to this task.

Slissith

Ouch brutal sarcasm much? lol.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Try this thread before you start necroing others.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Tiger Festival wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Zoro90

Slissith

Ouch brutal sarcasm much? lol.

How do you guys use Rooster Boost? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2H1rujYNSGZfX9VXJoVtw-M3S0_2dKYrwviEjLB6rpf_pWYcgfw
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:42 am

look my roster
How do you guys use Rooster Boost? Smash10
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:40 am

Zoro90 wrote:
look my roster
How do you guys use Rooster Boost? Smash10

My roster is twice as large! My essential characters are Shin Ridley, Brawl in the Family Waluigi and Aero the Acrobat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Where did that Awful Mega Man render come from I wonder
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:37 am

That image takes me way back, lol. I'm so used to working with the newer demos that I totally forgot what the 0.8 roster looked like.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:20 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
That image takes me way back, lol. I'm so used to working with the newer demos that I totally forgot what the 0.8 roster looked like.

The graphical quality of the game has skyrocketed, which is a delight considering the flak this game was getting.
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:36 am

DHD Laugh
a good character
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:39 am

change a skill for
samus aran in zero suit samus
ryu in evil ryu
luigi in wegee
and a final smash chun li change final smash: kick in explosion

this is a change
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys use Rooster Boost?   How do you guys use Rooster Boost? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you guys use Rooster Boost?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1