HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Couple of complete stages (with pics)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

Couple of complete stages (with pics) Empty
PostSubject: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:55 am

Some stages I made and posted at SWF (under my alias Z1gma) a couple months ago.
I thought they might be of use here.

Couple of complete stages (with pics) Kmce
Bowser's Castle: Image explains most of it; The Fire Balls do low/medium damage and knockback, sending ppl straight up.

Couple of complete stages (with pics) MoB8780
DK Mine Kart caves: Once in a while a croc comes racing through the stage, sometimes from the left and sometimes from the right. Sometimes he jumps and takes the upper route (the passable platform), and sometimes he simply goes under it. He does medium damage and knockback, and sends ppl up and away.
He moves pretty fast, so stay at your toes.

Couple of complete stages (with pics) VZILYQi
DK Tree Tops: A neutral stage made up of a Main platform and a smaller, passable platform. The barrel can save your life if you're lucky.

Couple of complete stages (with pics) P6QLNX8
Orange Star HQ: Not sure if it should  have hazards or not, since it'd make a pretty good neutral stage as it is.
Anyways, with hazards: Air Forces battle it out in the background, and sometimes missiles and bombs are accidentally fired at the stage.
Also, distant commanders will sometimes activate their CO Power - some of them are:
BLIZZARD: Olaf's power turns the stage into snow and ice for a small period of time, making it slippery.
TYPHOON: Drake's power calls down heavy rain for a small period of time, which decreases players' Jumping Ability.
BLACK WAVE: Hawke's power makes the screen flash with red lightning. Everyone who's hit takes low/medium damage and knockback, and are sent straight up. It's an attack that covers the entire screen, but it's not that hard to avoid if you're aware of it and dodge it in time. Works similar to Shadow's FS.
[Maybe there could be a picture of the commander and the power to come at the bottom of the screen before they're activated, like in the games? With epic quotes, of course.]

Couple of complete stages (with pics) YDrsxIa
Gemini Man Stage: The eggs are breakable, but respawn after some time.

Couple of complete stages (with pics) HgAUzey
Mario Bros 2: Here's a med-large map. The logs roll down the waterfall like in the game, and you can climb the stalk (if climbing is in 0.9).

Couple of complete stages (with pics) XlTjAkR
Orange Ocean: The red lines show where you can walk, the purple stars shows ledge grabs, and the coconuts are weak hazards that fall down upon beeing hit, doing low damage and knockback, knocking ppl away all so little. They respawn after a small period of time.

Couple of complete stages (with pics) I9Ifc4H
Bubble Man Stage: Those red/brown platforms fall down shortly after you step on them only to respawn later on. Robot Crabs fall down from time to time and starts walking until they fall off the stage, doing low/medium damage and knockback, and sends ppl up and away.

Couple of complete stages (with pics) RllGXsn
Skull Man Stage: The far right platforms are passable, the others are not.
The cannon fires its bouncing projectile from time to time, doing medium/high damage and knockback, sending ppl up and away. The cannon itself does no damage. Not the most competitive stage - use cheap tactics to prevail!
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptySat May 17, 2014 10:19 am

We need a lot more than one image of stages, we need all the individual sprites that make it up, especially if they move around or need to be animated.

Also we have a set roster of stages planned, if you wish to help about with, I think you need to contact an Admin but I'm not 100%. You may also be able to contact somebody like GigaPichu or Dustination.

In terms of the quality, you have committed a mortal sin in saving as a .jpg, which destroys the quality. Always save as a .png. Another issue is that you should avoid using things like the brush function of MS Paint to draw stages as it really does not look good, you should also avoid using screenshots like the Tree Tops. Lastly there are some major issues with some of the corners of the items, they haven't been given transparent corners when they were cropped out leaving some of the old background which is something that should never be done. An example of this is in your Mario Bros 2 stage on the logs and the green platforms.

Overall I do like the layouts, but the sprites themselves leave a lot to be desired. I also like the artstyle somewhat on the Orange Star HQ and the Orange Ocean and I think it would work as a gimmick stage like Flatzone, but there's very little that the style could be used for if anything at all.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Ganon, I don't think he is trying to give out sprites or anything like that. I believe he is only trying to share his ideas of stages in general.

I like the Super Mario 2 layout Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Smash King wrote:
I like the Super Mario 2 layout Very Happy

I like it more than the Melee one, dunno why
But that's some cool layouts of stages Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Can't lie, Gemini Man's stage sounds pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of Brinstar with the breakable bubbles.
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:43 am

Smash King wrote:
I believe he is only trying to share his ideas of stages in general.
Guilty as charged.

I guess I could post sprites and stuff, though. But since the Stage Roster is pretty much set, I see little to no meaning now :/
Also, some of the maps are made up of sprites already.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:09 am

The bubble man stage looks like an eyesore to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:56 am

Is there any thread that shows you what's needed to properly contribute with a stage?

Couple of complete stages (with pics) LBejFRw
Mine Kart Caves, kinda how it'd look in 0.9
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptyMon May 19, 2014 10:56 am

Would you like to be a stage spriter?
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Smash King wrote:
Would you like to be a stage spriter?
Sent ya a PM, sir.
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:44 am

how to unloock the kongo jungle 64 and oneet  for super smash bros v4.8 Couple of complete stages (with pics) 3975341294
Back to top Go down
buggy786
Level 1 CPU
buggy786

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:04 pm

onnet how to unlook this stage
that photo is a surpris look him

Couple of complete stages (with pics) Onettp10
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:20 am

buggy786 wrote:
onnet how to unlook this stage
that photo is a surpris look him

Couple of complete stages (with pics) Onettp10
HOLY COW DUDE! That Onett stage looks amazing! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of complete stages (with pics)   Couple of complete stages (with pics) Empty

Back to top Go down

Couple of complete stages (with pics)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1