Capture the... Flag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

Capture the... Flag? Empty
PostSubject: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:40 am

CTF

Capture the... Flag? Capture-the-flag-team-building-event-ireland

Number of players: 2 - 6
Number of teams: 2
Each team has a flag (Red/Blue). Teams try to steal the opponent(s)' flag and get it to their own base.

Big and medium/big maps are used for the gamemode. Temple[big] and Hyrule Castle[med/big] are good examples.
(Or maybe there should be 1 to 3 stages created solely for the gamemode? In that case, I've got good ideas for CTF-maps.)

Pick up the enemy flag like you pick up items.
If you are hit and sent flying you run the risk of dropping the ememy flag, especially when hit by a strong attack, or when you're at a high %.

The flags are heavy, so weaker and/or faster characters suffers a greater speed-penality than characters like Bowser, when carrying the flag.
(!! Or, the speed when carrying the flag is set/equal for all characters.)

Some B moves, like Fox Illusion, also makes you drop the enemy flag.

If you pick up your own flag when it's lying on the ground, it is teleported back to your base.

When holding the flag, it is carried on the character's back, so you'll be able to fight like you weren't holding any item, and even pick up other items while carrying the flag.

All players have infinite lives, but when you're knocked out, you'll have to wait for a set period of time before you're allowed to respawn at your base.

You cannot score a point if your own flag isn't at your base.

Win by capturing the set amout of flag captures, or by having the most captures when the time-limit is reached.

Teamwork and strategy is key is this gamemode, and it would surely get its very own tier-list, which is interesting and fun.
How will you play? One defending and one attacking, or will you both go all out, leaving your own flag unprotected? (3vs3 would be even more interesting)  cheers

The flags doesn't necessarily have to be flags - they could be Golden Mushrooms or something.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:13 pm

I with you on this idea!
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:01 pm

This hears a lot like COD capture the flag, but it would be interesting in Crusade, none the less
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Johnny64 wrote:
This hears a lot like COD capture the flag, but it would be interesting in Crusade, none the less
Was thinking UT, but it's probly the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Capture the... Flag? PKfStld
Hyrule Temple as a CTF Stage.

Capture the... Flag? IAilJtg
A layout designed for CTF.
A few different routes to the Enemy Base, and only one Item Spawn Location.
Will you go directly for the flag, or will you fight for that rare item?

Capture the... Flag? YyPiXcJ
A layout with lots and lots of different routes.
Can you outsmart the Enemy Team in this maze of platforms?

Capture the... Flag? HgtyNVr
A layout with only one Choke Point.
Climb and Conquer in this encounter-filled map.
Control the top to control the match!

Capture the... Flag? NXS0K6V
In color - Mushroom Tower.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Most people who post this stuff I get annoyed at but I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:35 pm

I would definitely support this idea. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:54 pm

I love this idea! mostly because I play this alot in COD
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:04 am

Also, I suggest no Spawn Protection in this gamemode.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:19 am

Z1GMA wrote:
Also, I suggest no Spawn Protection in this gamemode.

Limited sounds more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Come again?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Z1GMA wrote:
Come again?
He means that the invincibility time will be a lot shorter than a standard game, rather than none at all, and I agree with this. If we have no cooldown time at all then I'm sure all it'll lead to is exploits. If we keep it just enough so that the character has time to land and start moving it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:47 am

How long is the default Spawn Protection in Crusade?
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:15 am

Something like 3 seconds? something around that.
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 5:19 am

Hmm. Well in CTF it should be enough with around 1 second.
Back to top Go down
buggy786
Level 1 CPU
buggy786

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:54 pm

i have not the flag at super smash bros crusade v0.8
this change the color of the tag
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Oh god hes spreading. SOMBODY STOP HIM BEFORE HE GETS TO THE HEART!!
Back to top Go down
WolfHub
Level 1 CPU
WolfHub

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Z1GMA wrote:
Capture the... Flag? PKfStld
Hyrule Temple as a CTF Stage.

Capture the... Flag? IAilJtg
A layout designed for CTF.
A few different routes to the Enemy Base, and only one Item Spawn Location.
Will you go directly for the flag, or will you fight for that rare item?

Capture the... Flag? YyPiXcJ
A layout with lots and lots of different routes.
Can you outsmart the Enemy Team in this maze of platforms?

Capture the... Flag? HgtyNVr
A layout with only one Choke Point.
Climb and Conquer in this encounter-filled map.
Control the top to control the match!

Capture the... Flag? NXS0K6V
In color - Mushroom Tower.

This looks like a good idea, but i think some of that stages should be even bigger for a mode like that. Maybe there should be exclusive giant stages for this or revamps of normal stages.
Back to top Go down
Daw/Dave
Level 2 CPU
Daw/Dave

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:15 am

Well.. It seems overused, but having it in Crusade would be actually interesting.

Yes, I support this idea.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Another game mode that might be exciting, count me in ONLY if the devs find it interesting enough to work on it. After all it'll be the creativity or lack thereof that will hit or miss this mode.
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 4:42 pm

WolfHub wrote:
This looks like a good idea, but i think some of that stages should be even bigger for a mode like that. Maybe there should be exclusive giant stages for this or revamps of normal stages.[/size]
I'd definitley make HUGE maps. A gigantic map would be fun as hell.
However, there's a problem with gigantic maps - the Camera Zoom.
Back to top Go down
WolfHub
Level 1 CPU
WolfHub

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 10:56 am

Z1GMA wrote:
WolfHub wrote:
This looks like a good idea, but i think some of that stages should be even bigger for a mode like that. Maybe there should be exclusive giant stages for this or revamps of normal stages.[/size]

If a stage is too big for the camera zoom, maybe it could have excusively 6 separeted screens for each player (the number of screens depend of how many human players are playing)

EXAMPLE:
Capture the... Flag? Dk110
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:19 am

WolfHub wrote:
Z1GMA wrote:
WolfHub wrote:

If a stage is too big for the camera zoom, maybe it could have excusively 6 separeted screens for each player (the number of screens depend of how many human players are playing)

EXAMPLE:
Capture the... Flag? Dk110

That doesn't work really well with Crusade, or really any Smash game.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:25 am

Splitscreen works because each person has their own controller. Most people play Crusade with a keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Dry wrote:
Splitscreen works because each person has their own controller. Most people play Crusade with a keyboard.
no problem just say that gamecube controller is required in the beginning of the game Troll
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Link the adapters you can use to play with your favorite console controller, or just use a xb360/logitech controller
Back to top Go down
Ito286
Level 1 CPU

ruselito

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Good idea I'm with you
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 10:13 pm

would this have the option for Percentage and Stamina though? Because it sounds like it might be better to set Stamina as a default in order for those capturing the flag to not be sent too far away from the action.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Limio2
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Z1GMA wrote:
WolfHub wrote:
Actually, they don't have to be that huge. At least they don't have to be bigger than the hyrule temple. With some clever workarounds the camera wouldn't be a problem. I'll show you what I mean:

Capture the... Flag? Map1_ctf

Capture the... Flag? Hyrule_Temple_0_9b

I also think that a limited spawnprotection would be useful but i additionaly  suggest to have some distance between the own spawnpoint and the own flag (as I showed in the pictures above).  Also I would consider that the players have to wait after they got killed (like 5-10 seconds maybe?).

I personally don't like stamina mode but I think the players should have the possibility to decide if they want to play ctf on stamina mode or not.

I have to say that I'd be veeery excited to play this mode on crusade geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capture the... Flag?   Capture the... Flag? Empty

Back to top Go down

Capture the... Flag?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Game Mode Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com