Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) Empty
PostSubject: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Okay, I posted here before about a quite common complaint, the AI, but this time it's a bit different and involves how the game plays. Now, I'm not sure if this was an intentional feature (if it was then, well, please don't take this in a bad way but, WHAT KIND OF BS IDEA IS THAT? again, sorry) but, you can become virtually invincible because of shielding. Allow me to explain: So, there isn't a delay with shielding. None. None at all. WHY? WHY?! This allows you to attack IMMEDIATELY AFTER you shield without any delay. Oh and I know that I said that this wasn't about the AI but, the AI LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS abusing this. Again, if this intentional, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? This makes the game pretty unfair if you just keep abusing your shield. Oh and not only can you attack right after you shield, but you most likely will 100% of the time. Why? BECAUSE THERE IS A DELAY BETWEEN ATTACKS. If this WAS intentional, please at least nerf it. I'm sorry that I made this post. But I almost punched a hole in my monitor after getting killed by the AI for what seems like the millionth time because I COULD NOT HIT THEM.  Mad Mad Mad Mad  I know you guys are working on the patch now, but if you aren't already doing something about this, please do. I'm sorry that my first 2 topics are me complaining. SpoderDolan
EDIT: I started playing the v.9 test version, and the AI does seem to spam it less, but it's still just as possible and just as broken.

Last edited by Malkasaur on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 pm

You know, you could grab them out of shield.
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:05 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
You know, you could grab them out of shield.
Yeah I know, but you cant really do that when they constantly block your attacks, leaving you defenseless long enough for them to keep hitting you, and even still it's still ridiculously broken.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:12 pm

well, it is the hard difficulty, right? XD
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Shielding could possibly do with some lag, could be looked into. Wont matter in the long run anyway because of all the ways you can cancel shield into other things, true in Melee as well.
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Shielding could possibly do with some lag, could be looked into.  Wont matter in the long run anyway because of all the ways you can cancel shield into other things, true in Melee as well.
Yeah, true. Well I hope shielding does get some lag, otherwise I think I'm going to have to get better reflexes. You developers seem pretty open to criticism. I'm glad to see that it isn't met with teh ban hammer or giving the excuse of: It's hard being a developer! Why don't you develop a game instead if you're so critical! (Note: I do realize it is difficult being a developer, so please don't hurt me and make me do things I can't do  Crying or Very sad ).
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 pm

We're always open to constructive criticism.

Just not "This game is bad you suck" kind of criticism
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:06 pm

attacks always apply some amount of shieldstun, what you may be complaining about is the computer perfect shielding attacks, which leaves them with no shieldstun or shieldlag (freeze frames when moves hit the shield) and allows basically no lag when shield dropping to act out rather than having to jump out
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Oh, what i thought he's referring to is the amount of frames it takes to put up a shield or more importantly, to shield drop.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Oh, what i thought he's referring to is the amount of frames it takes to put up a shield or more importantly, to shield drop.

shieldstun affects shield drop, since even though the shield drop animation is like 7-ish frames of lag, shieldstun tacks onto that and delays when the shield drop starts even if you don't hold shield

perfect shielding negates all of this and you also don't have shield drop lag afaik
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Right, that's exactly how it should be. I'm just wondering how Crusade's shield drop lag frames compare to Melee's.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 9:22 am

I don't know if anyone's suggesting this, but shield absolutely has to come up on frame 1. The metagame would crumble otherwise.

AIs could probably have more-than-frame-1 reflexes. A hard difficulty could have reflexes of, say, 6 frames, and medium difficulty could have 12 frames. That would be decently realistic. I don't think any other change to shielding is necessary.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:25 am

Shield should come up frame 1, but shield drop should have lag and i think ours is probably too short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)   Shielding (Oh dear it's broken) Empty

Back to top Go down

Shielding (Oh dear it's broken)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1