MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) Empty
PostSubject: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 pm

So, I decided I'd hop on the bandwagon and make me an SSB4 roster.
45 characters. Nothing too substantial.
MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) 9Jani

Last edited by MysticMartyrIX on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:05 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:15 pm

I like it. I really do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:40 pm

*Sees no Geno*
*Sees no Krystal*

Nothing objectionable to me. Good Roster.

Though it needs moar Mewtwo somewhere...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:45 am

I like this roster.
I do have a few comments, though:
1. Ghirahim. He was just a recurring boss, really. Just trying to revive his master, who is the final boss and (correct me if I'm wrong) appears throughout the game as well.
2. What's with Ridley's shot? Lol
3. Deoxys seems a bit unfitting when we could have Luca or Mewtwo return due to fan demand, but w/e
4. Sakurai has said Lip would probably not get in due to having a skirt on. Which means pedophiles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 am

Generic, Ghirahim is the one that started the chain of events that lead to the entire plot of the Zelda series. (Skyward Sword is the first game chronologically.)

As for his master, Demise, he
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 am

Ah, I see.
Well then, I have no problem with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:50 am

Deoxys:
-Represents the third generation of Pokémon, which has never had any major representation in Smash and could be in the spotlight again with potential R/S remakes
-Is the only ultimately suitable fighter from that generation. The only other possibilities are Plusle & Minun (a terrible choice imo) and a new trainer (a terrible IDEA imo).
-Would make for a unique fighter with his 4 stat-based forms.
Having said that, I don't see any problem with Mewtwo or Lucario returning.

Also that whole Lip issue is like saying Fox and Falco shouldn't be added because of furries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:05 pm

brof1st wrote:
Deoxys:
-Represents the third generation of Pokémon, which has never had any major representation in Smash and could be in the spotlight again with potential R/S remakes
Kirby Super Star hasn't been represented by a character mostly exclusive to that game. Should we include Marx, then?
Although to be honest, I'd love Deoxys in. I just don't find it very likely.

Quote :
Also that whole Lip issue is like saying Fox and Falco shouldn't be added because of furries.
Skirt=ease of looking up her dress. at least with Starfox they're wearing clothes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Da Generic Name wrote:
Kirby Super Star hasn't been represented by a character mostly exclusive to that game. Should we include Marx, then?
Although to be honest, I'd love Deoxys in. I just don't find it very likely.
The difference with Pokémon is that it's such an expansive series (over 600 characters with no consistent main protagonist) which makes it difficult to fully represent in a crossover game. Kirby is a series based around mostly 3 important characters (Kirby, Meta Knight and D3).
Quote :
Skirt=ease of looking up her dress. at least with Starfox they're wearing clothes.
They can just give her bike shorts underneath or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Even if 3rd Gen remakes came to be, Deoxys' time has come and gone.

Like how HG/SS put emphasis to Pichu, it is likely that the R/S remakes will put emphasis on a certain Pokemon. In which case, THAT Pokemon has better chances.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Da Generic Name wrote:
4. Sakurai has said Lip would probably not get in due to having a skirt on. Which means pedophiles.
Game is rated T for a reason you know.

Also, I'd like you to meet a Certain charcter who's still been implemented in a game with a T rating.
Spoiler:

I don't see why there should be a problem with Lip.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:07 pm

@AEM, your argument would be more valid if you actually have an image in your spoiler. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 pm

OMG, it's the Red X!
Why the Hell is that allowed in a T-rated game?!? That's HORRIBLE!
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Reminds me of Phoenix Wright when he presented the wrong evidence. lol

But yea, now for my critiques on the roster.

1. Bowser Jr is a good choice, though I feel Toad is more deserving since he IS one of the original 8 of the Mario series. Surprises me that Bowser Jr is not in the well anticipated Mario Kart 7. Not saying to switch them cause that is up to you. Either one is a good choice.

2. I would probably add Dixie with Diddy, but that is not an issue at all. Its fine the way it is.

3. Ghirahim is rather debatable and kinda falls in the 1 time appearance character for me. I wouldn't want Ghirahim in if Skull Kid never got into Melee and Midna didnt get into Brawl. But still not a bad choice. I wouldve went with Tingle, who has a spin-off series and has been wanted for Smash longer than Ghirahim.

4. While the majority of my critiques dont require necessary changes since everyone is a good choice, but Deoxys I have to disagree on. Fans would rather have Mewtwo back, who is a more memorable Pokemon. Even though the main purpose of Deoxys is to rep the 3rd gen, there are other ways to rep the gen without a playable character. Plus a rep for every gen is not needed at all. Deoxys time has passed 2 generations ago.

5. I like the idea of Little Mac & Lip on the roster and they are ones I would like to see. The problem though is that Little Mac is no longer retro and Lip was never a retro to begin with. The Punch Out series had the remake on the Wii and a spin-off on the WiiWare, so the series is still active. Lip debuted in 1995, between the time of the end of the SNES lifespan and the beginning of the N64. She is almost 2 generations ahead of any ordinary retro character. So with that, you technically dont have no retro newcomers on your roster.

6. I would like to see Professor Layton playable. But even though his series is growing well today, it will just be awkward for someone as recent as Layton to get a 3rd party roster slot over gaming icons like Pac Man and a number of others.

Overall this is a great roster. Everything else is fine and acceptable in my view. My only issues are the ones I stated on #4, 5, & 6.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:12 am

Smashking201 wrote:
@AEM, your argument would be more valid if you actually have an image in your spoiler. lol

Nice Akuma wrote:
OMG, it's the Red X!
Why the Hell is that allowed in a T-rated game?!? That's HORRIBLE!

It worked for me. It was Felicia.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 am

Who is Andy?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Smashking201 wrote:
Reminds me of Phoenix Wright when he presented the wrong evidence. lol

But yea, now for my critiques on the roster.

1. Bowser Jr is a good choice, though I feel Toad is more deserving since he IS one of the original 8 of the Mario series. Surprises me that Bowser Jr is not in the well anticipated Mario Kart 7. Not saying to switch them cause that is up to you. Either one is a good choice. Agreed.

2. I would probably add Dixie with Diddy, but that is not an issue at all. Its fine the way it is. I feel the same way. Dixie or no Dixie doesn't matter to me.

3. Ghirahim is rather debatable and kinda falls in the 1 time appearance character for me. I wouldn't want Ghirahim in if Skull Kid never got into Melee and Midna didnt get into Brawl. But still not a bad choice. I wouldve went with Tingle, who has a spin-off series and has been wanted for Smash longer than Ghirahim. Sheik is a 1 time appearance character (OoT remake doesn't count). Even if it did, she was a 1 timer in Melee's time. And she didn't even fight. As for Ganondorf, he was a 1 timer also that made it to Melee. (no, just because Ganon has been in previous games doesn't mean that GanonDORF has. That'd be like saying Mr. L appeared in a bunch of Mario games because of Luigi.) As for Tingle, he's honestly not wanted too much. He's more expected than wanted.

4. While the majority of my critiques dont require necessary changes since everyone is a good choice, but Deoxys I have to disagree on. Fans would rather have Mewtwo back, who is a more memorable Pokemon. Even though the main purpose of Deoxys is to rep the 3rd gen, there are other ways to rep the gen without a playable character. Plus a rep for every gen is not needed at all. Deoxys time has passed 2 generations ago. I like to believe that Rayquaza is 3rd Gen's rep in Smash. After all, Brawl could've used a different Pokemon to be a boss in it's place. But it didn't. It used Rayquaza, one of the most popular Pokemon of the 3rd Generation.

5. I like the idea of Little Mac & Lip on the roster and they are ones I would like to see. The problem though is that Little Mac is no longer retro and Lip was never a retro to begin with. The Punch Out series had the remake on the Wii and a spin-off on the WiiWare, so the series is still active. Lip debuted in 1995, between the time of the end of the SNES lifespan and the beginning of the N64. She is almost 2 generations ahead of any ordinary retro character. So with that, you technically dont have no retro newcomers on your roster. "Dont have no" is a double negative, lol. Anyways, it doesn't matter if they're Retro or not. As I've said before, the ONLY character that was added to Smash for being Retro was the Ice Climbers. G&W was added to surprise players, honor Gunpei Yokoi, and call back to Nintendo's original handheld. (Also, G&W is technically not Retro; the Game & Watch Gallery series features him with the Mario characters and goes as far as the GBA, IIRC.) Pit was a fan requested character. R.O.B. saved video games in the Western market and has cameoed in numerous Nintendo titles.

6. I would like to see Professor Layton playable. But even though his series is growing well today, it will just be awkward for someone as recent as Layton to get a 3rd party roster slot over gaming icons like Pac Man and a number of others. Layton is an icon himself and is a big name now. Also, he has the closest ties to Nintendo than any other 3rd Party.

Overall this is a great roster. Everything else is fine and acceptable in my view. My only issues are the ones I stated on #4, 5, & 6.

My responses to your issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Looks pretty solid. I would like to see Sukapon as a WTF character in the same class as R.O.B and Game & Watch, but his series is basicly the father of Smash.
Layton should be replaced. I like him, but his series is too recent IMO, and I think that Pac-Man would make a better choice.
Sees no Geno. Good. You are smart then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
Looks pretty solid. I would like to see Sukapon as a WTF character in the same class as R.O.B and Game & Watch, but his series is basicly the father of Smash.
*as. But that is not true.
And IIRC Sak has said he's not going to have Sukapon.
Quote :
Layton should be replaced. I like him, but his series is too recent IMO, and I think that Pac-Man would make a better choice.
So we should take out Zoroark?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Generic, that makes no sense.
Zoroark is a 2nd Party character from a series represented in Smash since the beginning.

Layton is a 3rd Party character from a series NOT represented in Smash as of yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Updating my image now. Layton will be replaced with Slime.

Reasoning:
The mascot of a multi-million dollar long-running franchise which has debuted and had most of its releases on Nintendo platforms. Represents Square-Enix, and has crossed over with Mario in three games.

Deoxys will be replaced with either Victini or Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 pm

replace Deoxys with Mewtwo. One 5th gen is enough
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Nice Akuma wrote:
Zoroark is a 2nd Party character from a series represented in Smash since the beginning.

Layton is a 3rd Party character from a series NOT represented in Smash as of yet.
It was just a comparison that if a character invented in 2007 can't be in, then it makes no sense for a character invented in 2011 to be in.
But w/e, it was a bad example anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ken Takazuki
Level 2 CPU
Ken Takazuki

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Needs moar Tails.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Ken Takazuki wrote:
Needs moar Tails.
Not adding any 3rd parties from already represented companies.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Nice Akuma wrote:

YOU FOOL

ZOROARK WAS LAYTON THE ENTIRE TIME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:10 pm

AEM wrote:
Nice Akuma wrote:

YOU FOOL

OUTSTANDING DEDUCTION!

Only one problem...

How can Zoroark be Layton....if Zoroark is already there as itself?!?

This all goes to show that the proof is in the pudding while the cake is a lie.
*strokes beard*
I REST MY CASE! *sets case down to bed*
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Nice Akuma wrote:
AEM wrote:
Nice Akuma wrote:

YOU FOOL

OUTSTANDING DEDUCTION!

Only one problem...

*strokes beard*
Elementary dear GY!

The other Zoroark, is nothing but a hologram! A great puzzle made by Professor Layton himself no doubt!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:14 pm

AEM wrote:
Nice Akuma wrote:
AEM wrote:
Nice Akuma wrote:

YOU FOOL

OUTSTANDING DEDUCTION!

Only one problem...

*strokes beard*
Elementary dear GY!

The other Zoroark, is nothing but a hologram! A great puzzle made by Professor Layton himself no doubt!
GENIUS!
Though isn't this just all what is implemented in our minds by the powerful Mewtwo? Clearly he would not appear in his own image to hide this fact, wouldn't you agree, Edgeworth?

(Last off-topic courtroom drama, I swear)
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Nice Akuma wrote:
AEM wrote:
Nice Akuma wrote:
AEM wrote:
Nice Akuma wrote:

YOU FOOL

OUTSTANDING DEDUCTION!

Only one problem...

*strokes beard*
Elementary dear GY!

GENIUS!
Though isn't this just all what is implemented in our minds by the powerful Mewtwo? Clearly he would not appear in his own image to hide this fact, wouldn't you agree, Edgeworth?

(Last off-topic courtroom drama, I swear)
Screw it, they're all Zoroark in disguise.

Replace Layton for Slime? Yeah that's a good move. But I was told that Square Enix has a strict holding policy to their content.

Geno's Forest Maze for SSBB is a prime example in this case. It didn't make it in because Square Enix wanted an obscure amount of money for one song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)   MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012) Empty

Back to top Go down

MysticMartyrIX's Super Ultra SSB4 Roster (Updated 2/11/2012)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com