Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which Zelda character should be DLC?
Zant (Twilight Princess)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left3%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 2 ]
Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left36%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 36% [ 27 ]
Tetra alone (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left0%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Toon Zelda alone (All Toon styled games)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left1%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 1% [ 1 ]
Toon Zelda/Tetra together (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left7%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 7% [ 5 ]
Midna alone (Twilight Princess)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left8%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 8% [ 6 ]
Midna & Wolf Link (Twilight Princess)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left11%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 11% [ 8 ]
Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left18%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 18% [ 13 ]
Ganon (blue pig) (Zelda series in general)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left3%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 3% [ 2 ]
Young Link (Masks based moveset) (Majora's Mask)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left12%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 12% [ 9 ]
Groose (Skyward Sword)
Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_left1%Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Bar_right
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
Dreemlan
Level 4 CPU
Dreemlan

Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:20 pm

What is the status on the Zelda DLC?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

The status is that Skull Kid is currently winning the poll.
We have no set date for this poll or the Kirby poll, however.
Back to top Go down
Dreemlan
Level 4 CPU
Dreemlan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Cobra Bubbles wrote:
The status is that Skull Kid is currently winning the poll.
We have no set date for this poll or the Kirby poll, however.

You can probably guess from my avatar that I voted for Skull Kid, I'm glad he's winning right now >Very Happy How does the DLC polls work exactly? Do you guys just right down the winners of the polls and hold them off until you begin incorporating the DLC and all of the winners will then be added eventually? Also, thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:36 pm

When we actually start the DLC, we will stop the poll, and whoever the current winner when we end the poll is the one who gets in.
Back to top Go down
Dreemlan
Level 4 CPU
Dreemlan

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Okay, sounds good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Powerstars
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Skull Kid. The other seem like they'd either be clones, or not terribly appealing.
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I pick Skull Kid.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I voted for Ghirarhim, but since Skull Kid is obviously winning I don't see the point...
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:07 pm

I vote for SK = Skull Kid
Back to top Go down
Frag Fiesta
Level 1 CPU
Frag Fiesta

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Midna and wolf link would be a great idea. Not only would you get the awesomeness of Midna, you'd get the ferocity of wolf Link and several abilities such as sniffing for scents, doing a powerful tail-spin attack that can kill[?] at least three shadow beasts, AND you get Midna's morphing hair to reach hard places! And Many more!
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Young Link (Masks) was an alt choice, and an extremely popular one. It shouldn't be on this poll.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Young Link (Masks) was an alt choice, and an extremely popular one. It shouldn't be on this poll.

i still don't think you quite understand that the alt discussion thing means absolutely nothing as far as changing the game goes

we can take ideas from it if we like them, but that doesn't change the fact that having support in the alt discussion thread has no bearing on that alt's inclusion
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Not officially, but you have to admit that ignoring clear landslide support for any of them would be foolish on the part of the dev team. Case in point: Young Link (MM). Clearly almost everyone who plays your game wants him in, so why exclude him? It simply would not make sense, and you can't even pull "requires extra sprite work" on this one, because without even anyone coming forward and saying it yet I can guarantee you at least 1 spriter on this forum would be willing to sprite this highly desired character.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 pm

"foolish on the part of the dev team"

have you ever considered that we do, in fact, have a roster that adds up to over 80 including all confirmed alts and may not want to take on even more work for characters that are just alternate forms of already existing characters?

as far as I could tell most people voting were not the people who actually do the spriting and coding for the characters, but normal users (and a few balancers)

that's not to say we don't consider at least some suggestions, but regardless of landslide support, we don't take all the winning suggestions into consideration
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 pm

-Dettadeus- wrote:
"foolish on the part of the dev team"

have you ever considered that we do, in fact, have a roster that adds up to over 80 including all confirmed alts and may not want to take on even more work for characters that are just alternate forms of already existing characters?
While this is true, the last piece of the statement implies that these alts bring nothing (or at least not a lot) to the table. I keep a running list of the support levels of each alt suggestion, and i assure you every alt under landslide support is fairly unique, examples being MM Young Link and Paper Mario among others. As for increasing an already large roster, that i can understand but i just want to note that there are actually only 10 alts with landslide support, contrary to popular opinion that alt discussion has been supporting too many characters.

as far as I could tell most people voting were not the people who actually do the spriting and coding for the characters, but normal users (and a few balancers)

that's not to say we don't consider at least some suggestions, but regardless of landslide support, we don't take all the winning suggestions into consideration

Now I'm not saying that you're wrong here, or that every character with support needs to make it, i don't actually expect every character to make it past the dev decisions. But I do think that most users, including the devs, are over-estimating the number of alts we're actually talking about here. This is probably due to the number of alts that were suggested, which is quite an overwhelming number. Alt discussion is on it's last vote right now, and that one is losing by landslide, so the 10 winners thing isn't changing. When that vote closes, I'll post the lists i mentioned to make things a little easier on the devs analyzing the general support of alts.

This is actually a bit off-topic though. My point was never that Young Link won the polls, and so must be an alt. Rather, it was that Young Link is an alternate version of our Link, and I was questioning whether that was actually acceptable for DLC, regardless of whether he makes it in as an alt.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

in that case you're forgetting that this poll was made ages before you made the alt discussion thread (there's an entire 9 months between the two) and this poll is hardly even relevant currently

you're also neglecting how much work and time is actually put into creating a character. it usually takes 1-5 months for the sprites to be finished (depending on the person or group spriting them, availability of pre-existing sprites, etc) then another couple of weeks for coding and yet another couple for balancing. this adds up to between 2 and 6 months per character, and while they can overlap, we don't have the workforce currently to add more alts on top of all the veterans, newcomers, confirmed alts, and resprites we already need to work on (and this isn't counting stages at all, which are an entirely different story).

there's also dlc, which would take priority as well once we get to that point.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm not debating that there's a good amount of work involved, as i've said.

What I am debating is whether we can count such characters a DLC. Would it be acceptable for me to go start a thread in CrusaDLC titled "Kid Goku for CrusaDLC"? That's the question at hand.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 pm

that's a question for golden, since he's the one who reworked the dlc system
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:40 pm

It may not be my place to ask, but who are the 10 with landslide support?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Actually, I dont think Kid Goku would be able to qualify as a individual DLC choice since he is a 4th party. Originally, Popeye was gonna be our only 4th Party DLC. When the DLC Poll got reworked, he was replaced with Mickey Mouse to be our only 4th party choice for DLC.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Lol SK that's true, but it's still not my point.

A different example: MegaMan.EXE
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm

MenacingRelic98 wrote:
It may not be my place to ask, but who are the 10 with landslide support?

When the Banjo-Kazooie alt vote ends the lists will go up.
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:37 pm

OK thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]   Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda Representative Poll [Phase 2]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2