Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anoddsoul
Level 1 CPU

Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" Empty
PostSubject: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 am

I really like the idea of this game, but due to the controls, I'm finding it almost impossible to play.

I don't own a Gamecube controller adapter, so I just play using my keyboard. There is only one thing, however, that makes this game unplayable on the keyboard, and that's not being able to jump by pressing "Up."

I don't know if the mention of SSB: Flash 2 is a hot-button issue over here or not, but I have absolutely no problems playing that game on my keyboard, because of that one simple difference.
Having to introduce a separate jump button into the mix makes all the difference when playing on a keyboard, rendering the game unplayable for me, as is.

All of that to say, is there a way to change this, right now, or can it be patched with the next update?
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 am

you can actually edit your buttons in a menu

and no, mentioning SSF2 being better in any way doesn't make us eat you.
Back to top Go down
anoddsoul
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 am

Hah, gotcha!

I've tried switching it so that both "Up" and "Jump" were set to "W," but then I couldn't move my cursor upward on the "Character Selection" or "Stage Selection" screens.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:28 am

huh

im not sure about that actually

for now set player 2 to have the same controls except up to jump, then you should be able to use the P2 cursor.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 am

Why doesn't setting the "jump" button to the up arrow work?
Back to top Go down
AceEliteMaster
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:03 am

It works perfectly fine for me.
Back to top Go down
anoddsoul
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:39 am

I messed around with it a bit more and figured out that player 2 had the "W" button set for "Attack" or something like that. So, I changed that up, and now it works!

I guess that's what I get for trying to set the controls at 2am.

I appreciate the help!
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:31 pm

I actually play with jump separate on my keyboard, i wouldn't say that's unplayable or anything. I put it right above my B button, which one of my fingers sits on so switching between my jump and B buttons is as simple as switching between up or down on the WASD side (movement).
Back to top Go down
JMan
Level 4 CPU
JMan

Knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Keyboard sucks regardless you'll never win
Back to top Go down
http://battlecrossfever.com
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:17 pm

JMan wrote:
Keyboard sucks regardless you'll never win

Hey man I win all the time against level 1 CPUs when I use keyboard
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:59 pm

dumb question how do I use a gamecube controller to play
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Masaomi wrote:
dumb question how do I use a gamecube controller to play
Unless you can convert one into a USB controller, you're out of luck.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 pm

You buy a gamecube -> PC adapter, i like to use this one. Then you plug it in and use an emulator such as JoytoKey or Xpadder to convert the inputs to keyboard presses and match them to your game controls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"   Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?" Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to make the "Up" button also "Jump?"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1