Chrom for DLC! BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chrom for DLC!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Does Chrom deserve a spot on the DLC poll?
Yes
Chrom for DLC! Bar_left33%Chrom for DLC! Bar_right
 33% [ 3 ]
No
Chrom for DLC! Bar_left67%Chrom for DLC! Bar_right
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Now, I'm not so sure if Chrom is even in the official roster, since Fire Emblem: Awakening came out fairly recently, and obviously far after the release of 0.8b, so I don't even know whether or not this character is even viable to make DLC. To be honest I don't think that he should even be DLC in the first place; he's an obvious candidate for SSB4, and ever since the announcement of Pokemon X and Y I'd say he even has a better chance than Zoroark. But alas, with such limited roster knowledge I must resort to post-game DLC.

Well, anyway, onto the moveset.

Neutral Special: Aether (Awakening)
Spoiler:

Side Special: Dual Strike
Spoiler:

Down Special: Rightful King
Spoiler:

Up Special: Ignis
Spoiler:

Final Smash: Exalted Falchion
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiruza on Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Why are you comparing Fire Emblem with Pokemon?
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:09 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Why are you comparing Fire Emblem with Pokemon?
Zoroark had a pretty good chance of getting in; he was one of the first two 5th gen Pokemon released to the public, the other being Zorua, and was pretty much confirmed. He was the most likely candidate for the next smash, until X and Y was announced, making his generation obsolete and significantly ruining his chances of getting in.

By comparing Chrom's chances of getting in when compared to Zorua, I was trying to show just how likely he was of getting in.

On a side note, I see from your sig that you do movesets.

Could you give any feedback for me?
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm not very familiar with Fire emblem series that much, so I can't really comment on that matter. But I can comment on the fact that Zoroark is currently on the main roster if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:22 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
I'm not very familiar with Fire emblem series that much, so I can't really comment on that matter.
That's fine.
Quote :
But I can comment on the fact that Zoroark is currently on the main roster if I'm not mistaken.
Which is exactly my point.
Zoroark is confirmed in SSBC (thankfully), but his chances for SSB4 have recently plummeted. So Chrom should really be considered for SSBC as well, since his chances are even better than Zoroark's now, though this is really only a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Alvis is a Fire Emblem candidate, and since their are one candidate per franchise it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Shiruza wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
I'm not very familiar with Fire emblem series that much, so I can't really comment on that matter.
That's fine.
Quote :
But I can comment on the fact that Zoroark is currently on the main roster if I'm not mistaken.
Which is exactly my point.
Zoroark is confirmed in SSBC (thankfully), but his chances for SSB4 have recently plummeted. So Chrom should really be considered for SSBC as well, since his chances are even better than Zoroark's now, though this is really only a suggestion.
You're still missing the point that Fire Emblem and Pokemon are two completely different series that you can't really compare to each other.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Quote :
You're still missing the point that Fire Emblem and Pokemon are two completely different series that you can't really compare to each other.

I was really trying to compare the Smash roster in general and not really their respective franchises, but that doesn't really matter anymore since, well, this:

Quote :
Alvis is a Fire Emblem candidate, and since their are one candidate per franchise it's not going to happen.

Which is a shame, because I honestly think that he would make an excellent inclusion. Oh, well. Can't do much about that.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Quote :
First, Chrom attacks with an upwards slash with a green hue. If he misses, he is fully vulnerable to attacks for half of a frame, similar to how failing with a typical counter attack would act.

Not sure you understand how frames work...Frames are 1/60th of a second so half a frame would definitely not leave you vulnerable to attacks >.<

As was already stated, FE has a candidate on the poll already. However it could be possible with enough support to replace that candidate, though if im not mistaken you would have to do it in the Candidate Cut Poll (though I would wait for Smash King's confirmation before you do that).
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Quote :
First, Chrom attacks with an upwards slash with a green hue. If he misses, he is fully vulnerable to attacks for half of a frame, similar to how failing with a typical counter attack would act.

Not sure you understand how frames work...Frames are 1/60th of a second so half a frame would definitely not leave you vulnerable to attacks >.<

Heh, whoops. Forgot that for a second.
I meant a split second... I'm going to change that now.

Quote :
As was already stated, FE has a candidate on the poll already. However it could be possible with enough support to replace that candidate, though if im not mistaken you would have to do it in the Candidate Cut Poll (though I would wait for Smash King's confirmation before you do that).

Thank you very much Very Happy . I almost lost hope for a second! So I just wait for him to say either "Yes" or "No", and then try to gather enough support to replace Alvis with Chrom, right?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:17 pm

[quote="Perfecthell4"]
Quote :

That is correct. Its better off discussing this on the Candidate Cut Poll and see if there is any support to replace Alvis for Crom
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Smash King wrote:

That is correct. Its better off discussing this on the Candidate Cut Poll and see if there is any support to replace Alvis for Crom

Not to bother, but how would one go about doing such a thing?
Just walking in a posting a poll?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:21 pm

You post a comment on the Candidate Cut Poll suggesting the replacement. And once the time comes, we will hold a poll for it (reason for the possible delay is cause we currently have several characters already on the poll that need to be cut as well as other suggestions).
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:30 pm

I support It, the Moveset Needs Work though, Chrom can't have Ignus, He could have Aegis, or Luna though.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:45 am

Chrom should replace Alvis, there's no question. However, this isn't the place to decide that, as PH4 and SK said. I fully support Chrom, however. Honestly he should be on the main roster, but that's so far-fetched and we were lucky just to replace Cless and Chocobo with WoL and Heihachi on the main roster.
Back to top Go down
Dry

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:16 am

I prefer Alvis. Let us duel, wretch.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Yeti wrote:
I support It, the Moveset Needs Work though, Chrom can't have Ignus, He could have Aegis, or Luna though.

Luna was already a part of the moveset via Aether, so I thought that including it would be strange. And since Aegis is a defensive tactic, it probably wouldn't work too well

Like I meantioned, I just thought I'd "Sakurai" the moveset, meaning that I gave my character a move that normally he/she can't normally learn in the series canon for the sake of better representing the franchise.

The character avatar plays a major part in Awakening, and without giving anything away is pretty makes the difference between life and death in the game. By including Ignis, I pay tribute to the Avatar's part in the story.

Besides, "Sakurai"-ing happens all the time, even in the main series franchise- Just look at Ness, or Lucas.

Though, thank you for your feedback, and if you've any other suggestions that could suit Chrom better as an Uspec, then I'll gladly look into it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Alright, since this discussion has now shifted over to the Candidate Cut Poll, I will be locking this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chrom for DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrom for DLC!   Chrom for DLC! Empty

Back to top Go down

Chrom for DLC!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1