Physics Options Bar_left50%Physics Options Bar_right
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
SHREK IT RALPH
Level 1 CPU

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm

MY FRIENDS AND I recently found out about this game and were playing it over LAN in our electronics schematics class. It was a lot better than Project64k always desyncing and we had a lot of fun, but our main issue was the physics cater especially to melee players.

I mean, there's nothing with the physics, I like melee, but seeing as how you're offering things like airdodge style, maybe you could add an option to make the physics in the game more like Smash 64 or Brawl perhaps, at least for online and versus, because melee is a bit too fast and competitive for a lot of people. The game would definitely appeal to a larger audience, especially to people who just want to play a casual, slower game, if such an option was added.

Last edited by SHREK IT RALPH on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm almost sure this was already discussed sometime ago, but I may be wrong.

I agree, that's a good idea; Crusade is very different from other Smash Bros games IMO, and this is one of the reasons. But this probably is too hard and will take a lot of time to do, so... :/
Back to top Go down
SHREK IT RALPH
Level 1 CPU

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Ness_64 wrote:
I'm almost sure this was already discussed sometime ago, but I may be wrong.

I agree, that's a good idea; Crusade is very different from other Smash Bros games IMO, and this is one of the reasons. But this probably is too hard and will take a lot of time to do, so... :/

I doubt it would be that hard considering it was made in game maker. You'd just have to change a few variables or add a multiplier to the gravity/fall speed.
Back to top Go down

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 pm

SHREK IT RALPH wrote:
Me and my friends
My friends and I**********************************
Back to top Go down
SHREK IT RALPH
Level 1 CPU

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 pm

whatever wrote:
SHREK IT RALPH wrote:
Me and my friends

Fixed, because that ENTIRE POST was completely UNREADABLE because of that HUUUUUUGE mistake on my part.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Yeah man, I had no idea what you were trying to say before that update, thank you.
Back to top Go down

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:07 am

SHREK IT RALPH wrote:
I doubt it would be that hard considering it was made in game maker.
This guy.
Back to top Go down

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 am

SHREK IT RALPH wrote:
whatever wrote:
SHREK IT RALPH wrote:
Me and my friends

Fixed, because that ENTIRE POST was completely UNREADABLE because of that HUUUUUUGE mistake on my part.
correct
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 am

There was a suggestion like this a while ago for SSB64 mode, but again this kind of thing would take a very long time to code and balance. Not that it's a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Dry

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 am

It's impossible to balance for two sets of physics. It's also very time-consuming and annoying to code. If we can ignore these issues then I'm all for this idea.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 am

Dry wrote:
It's impossible to balance for two sets of physics. It's also very time-consuming and annoying to code. If we can ignore these issues then I'm all for this idea.

Essentially this.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Alternatively we can add the option to have no airdodges, that way we have all three console games in that option.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Dry wrote:
It's impossible to balance for two sets of physics.

Physics Options Nph_ch10
Back to top Go down
Dry

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 am

Seeing as how the original motivation behind this idea was to make a mode that's easier for non-competitive people, I think balance isn't really an issue. We can easily tweak the competitive game a little to stop a select few characters being extremely and obviously broken in the non-competitive game, if that even happens at all. As for coding, it can be done, it just depends on how much time Jak has.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm

at this point all it would really require is a second set of character files and an option that selects the opposite folder

wouldn't change hitstun or anything like that but the physics of individual characters could be tweaked

not a fan of the idea though
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Dry wrote:
It's impossible to balance for two sets of physics.

Physics Options Nph_ch10

Good luck.

You're on your own.

Troll
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 pm

The game underwent a lot of tweaks through 0.9 development and most likely more of these will be made. Game plays smoother and the camera is much better, so don't worry about universal appeal.

We will consider having a no-airdodge option in 0.9.

In meantime though, you might want to try using 90% speed in Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Physics Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physics Options   Physics Options Empty

Back to top Go down

Physics Options
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1