Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) Empty
PostSubject: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:25 pm

In the spirit of representing classic video games in Crusade, I propose a stage based off the legendary Atari arcade game...

ASTEROIDS

This is the layout that I came up with. Essentially, it's a simple game of Asteroids, but with the twist of having a stage that players fight on.
Spoiler:

Some things about this stage:

1. The camera should be fixed and show the entire stage, just like the original game.

2. The stage graphics should be based off the original game.

3. The ship can be destroyed, but will always respawn after death.

4. Asteroids, saucers and ships are destroyed upon contact with players or the stage. (Only the asteroids clash with the stage.)

So what do you guys think? If you like the idea, you can vote for it over at the stage roster discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:29 pm

I approve.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Sure.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 pm

It's perfect.
We need more Arcade stages other than Asteroids and Space Invaders (and if you count Pac-Man) too.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 pm

In my opinion, we should have tons of Arcade Throwback stages.

to go with the whole classical theme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
It's perfect.
We need more Arcade stages other than Asteroids and Space Invaders (and if you count Pac-Man) too.

You forgot Q-bert.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

I want this stage in Crusade .
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 pm

So we're going to have both Space Invaders and Asteroids?

Imo, if we're going to have more arcade levels, we should try to stay away from other space themed levels. Plus, we have the Asteroid Belt, which could in theory implement these kinds of gimmicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 pm

RoyMaster4 wrote:

Imo, if we're going to have more arcade levels, we should try to stay away from other space themed levels. Plus, we have the Asteroid Belt, which could in theory implement these kinds of gimmicks.
"it's vaguely similar to another in theme, therefore we shouldn't have it"
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:55 am

Brof1st wrote:
RoyMaster4 wrote:

"it's vaguely similar to another in theme, therefore we shouldn't have it"
I just don't think it'll feel unique enough. Why not have an Asteroids cameo on Asteroid Belt?

I also feel like we're going to include too many arcade cameos and thus push out other series that should get a rep (Like Animal Crossing).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 am

Sure, why not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)   Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stage Proposal: Asteroids (Atari)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Stage Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com