HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Music Playback Options

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

Music Playback Options Empty
PostSubject: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I thought it would be cool if there were so more options for playing music at stages. You could have a Single Song Loop (loop a song chosen randomly from the stage folder) or Playlist (plays all songs in stage folder, loops back to beginning of folder).

Should this happen? Yay or nay?

Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 pm

I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Sure why not
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:42 pm

agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 pm

sounds pretty cool
also there could possibly be a radio-like option which plays a song at random from a designated external music folder, mainly because some might not want to go through the minor hassle of copying certain tracks and moving them to the individual stage folder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:16 pm

I support this.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:31 am

Based Bro wrote:
sounds pretty cool
also there could possibly be a radio-like option which plays a song at random from a designated external music folder, mainly because some might not want to go through the minor hassle of copying certain tracks and moving them to the individual stage folder

I like this too. Like maybe being able to choose where the music comes from, either the stage's folder, all folders, or a completely separate folder?
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 am

I like this. I've been meaning to ask for a playlist for the online lobby for a while/
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 am

Dr.MarioX wrote:
Based Bro wrote:
sounds pretty cool

I like this too. Like maybe being able to choose where the music comes from, either the stage's folder, all folders, or a completely separate folder?
all folders wouldn't work, as you might pick up the windows logon sound or something
edit: unless you mean all crusade stage folders
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:30 am

I think this could work.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:59 am

I feel like playlist wouldn't work right unless there is a specific playlist folder. If you just say 'every song that can play on this stage', a lot of the songs are cut in a way so it loops properly, so it will sound awkward when it changes from one to another.

Now, what I'd really like is the My Music menu. Have, say, 10 slots per stage where it reads the names of the songs in that folder, and you can set the probability.
Back to top Go down
danick
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:29 pm

NICE!!!
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 pm

I also like the My Music Menu i think the option of set a song appear more or less often is pretty nice .
Back to top Go down
ZS
Level 6 CPU
ZS

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:04 pm

agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 pm

I am not the expert coder, but i am sure one of the reasons that the stages takes so long to load is that they load the music.
Back to top Go down
MarxCrispyFish
Level 2 CPU
MarxCrispyFish

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:55 pm

This topic is rather old, but had to share my idea to the small world of the Crusade forum. First of all, I just want to say if this sounds familiar to any of you.

You've just selected your character and an opponent for a normal battle with a CPU, and you go to pick a stage that has multiple songs in its music folder, one of them being "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from the Lion King. You wish to listen to that song while tearing the CPU a new one, so you hope that it gets chosen. You've picked the stage and there we go; it's loaded and you're ready to fight. Unfortunately for you, the song "Spanish Flea" is playing instead. Disappointed, you press F3 and restart the stage (or go to the character select stage and rechoose the stage you wish to fight) and hope, again that "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". You wait. The stage loads. It's "Ode to Joy"... so you repeat the cycle, with, of course, the waiting... once the stage finally loads, "Spanish Flea" begins to play again, and now you're annoyed. By the time you finally get "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", your eye is twitching with an overindulgence of impatience and somewhere out there, the developers are bathing in schadenfreude, laughing and rejoicing at your aggravating misfortune (just kidding developers, we wouldn't have Crusade without you guys, which is why you guys are awesome). Those of you who only have one music file in each of your stage music folders or just happen to not care about the music (which I doubt this applies to any of you) have not the slightest idea on how annoying this could be if you happen to get extremely unlucky in getting the song you want to play on a stage, and it's worse for those with more songs in a single folder.

So, how could we take care of this pestilence? Well what I thought of was that perhaps we could incorporate a way to change the music via the stage selection screen. This is how it could work:

You highlight the stage you want to play on and the stage preview, along with a box that says "Song - " and the song that would play appears.

If you want that song to play, then you're fine, but if you would like another song to play, you could toggle through the songs available in your folder via any buttons not used on the stage selection screen, such as the taunt button and grab button for example.

You select the song you want to play and presto! You're good to go!

ex: https://servimg.com/view/17460311/15

Not only is it more convenient in getting the song you want to play on a stage, but it would also assure you that you would get the song you wanted when having a match against a human player online.

Improvements could be made, such as the repositioning of where the music option would go, or the song box could be changed to something else such as a list.

Anyways, that is my recommendation.

UNIMPORTANT NOTES -

I do not find "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" to be that great of a song.

"Beez in the Trap" is MUCH worse.

"Spanish Flea", I have to say, is stupidly catchy.

"Ode to Joy" is good and all for Classical music, but "Moonlight Sonata" is much better in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:13 am

Just do what any normal person would do and mute the in-game music while playing your own selections in a separate media player, you overbearing sperglord.

MarxCrispyFish wrote:
Don't hate on Nicki.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:48 am

So your idea is basically to use FF Dissidia's music selection system. That system worked really well imo, and I'd support it if it's not terrible for coders.
Back to top Go down
MarxCrispyFish
Level 2 CPU
MarxCrispyFish

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:23 pm

reynold74 wrote:
Just do what any normal person would do and mute the in-game music while playing your own selections in a separate media player, you overbearing sperglord.

MarxCrispyFish wrote:
Don't hate on Nicki.

Any normal person would prefer to have the option to choose the music they could play ingame as opposed to having to open up a separate media player where they would have to manually play the song for their selected stage and have to then end it when the match is over. Any normal person would prefer an upgrade to the ability to play music in the game and make the game feel like a complete product than the alternative. Say it's not true.

reynold74 wrote:
you overbearing sperglord.

Interesting choice for an insult; I must give you credit on that front.

By the way, I want to make it clear that I don't hate Nicki Minaj, on the contrary, I find her amusing. I do believe she has little talent (if any) in the music department, but her music is so bad that it's good, much like Tommy Wiseau's "The Room". Give it a try if you haven't; I've heard it's a great movie to watch while drunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Playback Options   Music Playback Options Empty

Back to top Go down

Music Playback Options
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1