Shifters - Redux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Shifters - Redux Empty
PostSubject: Shifters - Redux   Shifters - Redux EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 pm

http://shiftersonline.com/shifters-redux-promo/?vcu=OTVfMw==

Pretty cool webcomic I've been reading for a long time now. It's seen drastic improvements since the author's first run at this story.

The basic idea follows groups of Shifters and Vampires primarily, along with many other mythical beings (Mages, Elves, Dragons, etc.). Shifters are similar to Werewolves, except that the animal can be anything, not just a wolf, and each Shifter is bonded to one animal type. They can shift at will, and can choose to either change to the animal completely or to half-shift, making themselves much more conscious of their actions. The half-form is exactly what you would expect; a human-animal hybrid. The vampires are what you probably want from a good gothic-mythology; skin burns under the Sun, extremely fast and strong, thrive on blood (and aren't vegetarian about it -_-), and can seduce/influence humans with ease. All of these mythical creatures operate under the Veil, a set of laws to prevent the human race from discovering the secrets of the Veil.

The world this comic takes place in is very well-developed with rich character histories and race/family/character development (though it may not be readily apparent from the pages available, you can find this to be true by reading the old comic or looking into the forums and podcasts). There is an RP set in the comic world on the site's forum, and characters who become extremely popular there can be chosen by the writer and incorporated directly into the comic! I'm not exactly sure how that works, I just remember seeing something about that.

It's a completely free webcomic and updates weekly, plus bonus pages depending on donations to the comic (usually ends up at 6-8 pages per month). The comic is still fairly early on, but there's also the old version still around that you can read through, which had quite a few chapters done.

This is all I'm revealing to avoid spoilers, but I highly recommend this comic if you're into the genre. If you already are a reader, this thread can serve as a discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Shifters - Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters - Redux   Shifters - Redux EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Det's new favorite webcomic.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Shifters - Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters - Redux   Shifters - Redux EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:10 pm

read the first chapter

not particularly enthralled by any part of it

i'll stick to bcb for my furry crap, thank you
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Shifters - Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters - Redux   Shifters - Redux EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Lol

The redux is fairly new, it's not very far along. Not too much action has happened yet, but it's still introducing the world and characters. I know from following the original though that the series has great action. But, we do have a new artist. That artist is loads better than the old one, but can't say for sure yet if the action will live up to the original. So far story, art, development, pacing, and character/world depth have all improved drastically, so I have high hopes for where the comic is going
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shifters - Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifters - Redux   Shifters - Redux Empty

Back to top Go down

Shifters - Redux
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Tea Room-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com