HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Pokemon Card Game Concept?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

New Pokemon Card Game Concept? Empty
PostSubject: New Pokemon Card Game Concept?   New Pokemon Card Game Concept? EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:45 pm

I was bored and thought it would be fun to make my own style of Pokemon cards that were more like the actual game series. In fact, these kind of cards would play exactly like a regular match would. Here's the first card I made, Leaf Green Bulbasaur.
New Pokemon Card Game Concept? A89aa08973403a11d57aa7e75e03b453

-Each card is based off of a game. For example, this Leaf Green Bulbasaur uses the sprite art from Leaf Green, has the same Pokedex information as that game, and also has moves it can only learn in Leaf Green.
-The stats for each Pokemon are taken from their base stats of the actual game (information from Psypoke's Psydex).
-Multiple cards can be made for each Pokemon. There are many possibilities to consider (male/female, shiny, moves, etc).
-I will soon try to make examples of item cards that can be used as hold items, etc.
-
-This card game has a simple way to play and an advanced way. This deals with attack damage.

SIMPLE-The PWR on each attack is exactly how much it does to the target's HP. The ATK, DEF, SPATK, and SPDEF stats are just for show.
ADVANCED-The true damage of an attack is the average of the move's PWR and the Pokemon's ATK (or SPATK for certain moves). To calculate defense, simply take a fourth of the DEF (or SPDEF) stat and subtract it from the average damage calculated.

Here's another card I made to show that Pokemon can come from different games:
New Pokemon Card Game Concept? 105216f341abe87c5734acb38eddf5b9
It's a Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow. Notes:
-An X can be found near the top left corner. This shows that Pokemon were not male or female in earlier generations.
-SPATK and SPDEF are the same because they did not exist separately in Generation 1.
-It has its Yellow art.

OTHER KINDS OF POKEMON CARDS THAT CAN BE MADE: (Note that they need to know the correct moves)
-Shiny
-Trainer's Pokemon (Gym Leaders, etc)
-Event/Mystery Gift Pokemon (e.g. Mt. Battle Ho-oh from Pokemon Colosseum)
-Default Pokemon (from quick battle mode in games such as Pokemon Stadium)
-Anime Pokemon (e.g. Ash's Pikachu, almost like Trainer Pokemon)

Well, I kind of want to know what people think of the overall idea. If I did go through with making more, could I get help? Any ideas to make this even better? Commentz plz.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: New Pokemon Card Game Concept?   New Pokemon Card Game Concept? EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Might wanna revise any cards you plan on making for versions of Pokemon earlier than R/S/E because Pokemon didn't have abilities in 1st and 2nd gens.

Interesting take on this, I suppose. The damage system would have to be thought through REALLY well though, because with your current system, outliers like Shuckle and Att. Form Deoxys could break the system.

Actually, now that I think about it, the damage system is unbalanced, leaning towards offensive play. Attack Form Deoxys uses Hyper Beam, deals 165, Shuckle's insane defenses only reduce it to 115 and he still dies due to having base 20 HP. In fact, Shuckle basically couldn't survive anything. His defenses reduce damage by 57.5, and unless he's fighting a really weak Pokemon, anything that deals 80 damage kills it. That could be a Raichu using Thunderbolt, which would never OHKO a Shuckle in the main games.

Typing should also come into play as it usually does in the Pokemon games.

Stat Boosts could be used similarly to Counters in Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh. There'd be one type of counter for each stat that can be raised mid-battle. They'd have the same effect as in-game, so an additional x1.5 to the stat for each boost.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: New Pokemon Card Game Concept?   New Pokemon Card Game Concept? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:20 am

The only reason I'd give every Pokemon an ability so it would be more balanced...but...
I didn't even think about that. I could just include levels in this where cards would be placed at a certain level and their stats would fit more into that area. Either way, I need a new way to calculate damage...
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pokemon Card Game Concept?   New Pokemon Card Game Concept? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Pokemon Card Game Concept?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1