How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm

MikeMan214 wrote:
what if we try to make characters walk then run like in SSF2.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 pm

The problem with that is walking and running on console is the difference between smash and tilt direction. On the computer, it's done by single or double tap, which feels really clunky. It works ok with a keyboard on SSF2, but terrible with a controller. Though I suppose with proper setup you could set tilt to represent a single tap and smash to represent a double tap.
Back to top Go down
Dejv
Level 3 CPU
Dejv

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Though I suppose with proper setup you could set tilt to represent a single tap and smash to represent a double tap.

IMO it would be really pointless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:52 pm

MikeMan214 wrote:
what if we try to make characters walk then run like in SSF2.
That's one of the criminal disadvantages SSF2 has gameplay-wise.
Absolutely not.
Back to top Go down
Dexxa
Level 2 CPU
Dexxa

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 am

I'm gonna list some things that i can think of

The camera seems weird sometimes
for instance if you play 1on1 the camera takes both Characters as maximum range for camera which lets you see nothing of the stage just those 2 characters

On green hill zone the far right side seems buggy due to you die instantly if you fall into the space
Sonics UP P (springoard) performed without jumping makes it stay on the ground which causes other people to get stuck in it
At a certain % hp you seem to be flying through the stage lets say at 300% and you're on icecap zone and you're getting smashed your too fast and just fly through the upper left part
Chun li There is a occasion where you lose your Final smash if you press B midair and you're getting hit (i think this can also happen when you stand on the floor not sure though) it just happened alot recently
And i also noticed that some maps are too edgy if you UP B out of stage you just get stuck at a certain part of the lower map even though you should make it to the top
or icecap zone where you grab the ledge in the middle far too often and can't drop down
Maybe spectator slots?
Thats all i can think of right now there was something but i forgot apparently
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Dexxa wrote:
I'm gonna list some things that i can think of

The camera seems weird sometimes
for instance if you play 1on1 the camera takes both Characters as maximum range for camera which lets you see nothing of the stage just those 2 charactersCamera has been redone in 0.9

On green hill zone the far right side seems buggy due to you die instantly if you fall into the spaceGreen Hill Zone has been changed layout-wise in 0.9
Back to top Go down
Itypesmiling
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 pm

For the next release, PLEASE put in a controller option - it won't really be possible for us to feel how the game plays properly until we can play it on a controller, in the same way as the originals it's based on. Also, I'm loving the characters at the moment, but i'd suggest adding Oliver (from Ni No Kuni), A Worm (from Worms) and the shogun Samurai (from gotcha force - that game has a MASSIVE cult following, so if you can get them interested, the game'll get a load more followers). Also, the whole thing feels a smidge fast in 0.8.4, like it feels playing super speed mode in brawl... maybe slow it down just a tad? Regardless, I LOVE this game. You guys are completely awesome for actually doing this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Itypesmiling wrote:
For the next release, PLEASE put in a controller option - it won't really be possible for us to feel how the game plays properly until we can play it on a controller, in the same way as the originals it's based on. Also, I'm loving the characters at the moment, but i'd suggest adding Oliver (from Ni No Kuni), A Worm (from Worms) and the shogun Samurai (from gotcha force - that game has a MASSIVE cult following, so if you can get them interested, the game'll get a load more followers). Also, the whole thing feels a smidge fast in 0.8.4, like it feels playing super speed mode in brawl... maybe slow it down just a tad? Regardless, I LOVE this game. You guys are completely awesome for actually doing this. Very Happy

-controller configuration tutorial can be found here
-roster is finalized but check out dlc (if all those characters have been on nintendo consoles and originated in video games)
-about as fast as melee
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:00 pm

If you really want my opinion...
Don't use the custom character art.
It looks fine, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't... fit.

See, it works in SSF2 because they manage to get all the characters in their respective art styles from their official artwork.
The ones in 0.9, though, just seem... really cartoony. It works for some characters, like Kirby or DHD, but for characters like Phoenix Wright, it just seems awkward in my opinion. It just feels more like SSB-Brawl-in-the-Family than it does Crusade, to me.
I really liked it when you used the official, professionally-drawn (or modeled) artwork. It made it seem more official and genuine than it does right now.

And honestly, when you do something like this in an SSB fan-game, SOMEONE is going to make comparisons to SSF2. Hell, I just did in this very post, and I know that competition between the two is the last thing anyone wants. They're both very good, and there shouldn't be any room for rivalry.

So in conclusion, please, either bring back the official artwork or try and redraw them closer to the official artwork. I think even just a small revision would make a world of change.

Last edited by Shiruza on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:03 pm

felipe is that you
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
felipe is that you
Okay, I'm new here, so please pardon my ignorance.

But who the hell's Filipe?
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 pm

the guy who kept saying how bad my art sucked and likes to make me feel bad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Shiruza wrote:
And honestly, when you do something like this in an SSB fan-game, SOMEONE is going to make comparisons to SSF2. Hell, I just did in this very post, and I know that competition between the two is the last thing anyone wants. They're both very good, and there shouldn't be any room for rivalry
Nobody even brought this up.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Brobocop wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
And honestly, when you do something like this in an SSB fan-game, SOMEONE is going to make comparisons to SSF2. Hell, I just did in this very post, and I know that competition between the two is the last thing anyone wants. They're both very good, and there shouldn't be any room for rivalry
Nobody even brought this up.

Hm. Strange.
I honestly thought someone would have by now. My bad!

GigaPichu wrote:
the guy who kept saying how bad my art sucked and likes to make me feel bad

Oh, well, I certainly don't think it's bad. It just doesn't seem to fit. Like I said, even some minor tweaks would make it fit more, and that's really all I want.

Really it's a minor complaint, though one that I really think would make the experience much more like an authentic crossover.

You are familiar with the online comic strip series Brawl in the Family (BitF), aren't you? The art style is very much similar, though it works better there since it's a humorous comic strip.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:01 pm

This person's grammar, spelling, and capitalization are too good for it to be felipe.

I agree some of the artwork needs to be redone; for some dumb reason we decided to do all of it from scratch within a single week. The overall style is, well, a stylistic choice. Some people like it, some people don't, it's called having an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
The overall style is, well, a stylistic choice. Some people like it, some people don't, it's called having an opinion.

True enough, I suppose. No one else seems to have too much of a problem with it, so it must just be me.

On a different topic, however, would I be allowed to give feedback or recommendations for existing character's movesets?
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:19 pm

In general, not unless there is a resprite planned for them. There should be a topic somewhere in the spriting board listing the planned resprites if you'd like to peek around.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
In general, not unless there is a resprite planned for them. There should be a topic somewhere in the spriting board listing the planned resprites if you'd like to peek around.
Thank you. I hope I haven't caused too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm

One way to improve crusade is to have loading screen that go by faster. Also another way is to get as many battering items in the game as possible.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Actually now that I think about it, I think you could do something else.
Mainly, not giving Kirby the fighter ability when he doesn't have to.
It's almost as if the default copy ability is fighter; it's BY FAR the most common ability to obtain, and there are much better options to choose from.
For example, when absorbing Wario, instead of getting fighter, you would get wheel.
Or for Ristar, you could give him Yo-Yo, or Hi-Jump, or Jet.
For Rayman, Yo-Yo or Supplex/Throw.
Though it works for some characters, like Ryu or Lucario.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

MikeMan214 wrote:
One way to improve crusade is to have loading screen that go by faster.

Loading screens are there for a reason... you need to load the codes for the match before you start. At this point the coders are already optimizing the coding as much as they can, so reducing the load time isn't really possible. Also, consider the fact that brawl can take as long as 15-20 seconds to load a fight, while Crusade only takes about 3-5 seconds at most.

Also Shiruza, we are already planning to make the types more accurate like you suggested. Kirby has not received his balancing changes yet, but rest assured the types he gets from people will actually make sense in 0.9.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Okay then. Have battering items like beam swords been added or do they plan to be added?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes, there will be battering items. When is up to the spriters and coders.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:25 pm

The absence of victory animations makes the victories seem kind of... unpersonal, I guess.

Maybe have character-specific win themes for each character (they shouldn't be too hard to find; I've already made my own library for the existing characters using nothing but Youtube Downloader).

Or how about some M.U.G.E.N./Street Fighter-style winquotes?

Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Victory themes are already being worked on for 0.9.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Hey Smash King it is you pal MikeMan214. How will victory themes work in 0.9?
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Could you possibly change Marth's running cycle? It's the second most important animation on a character, next to the idle, and it seems almost careless to leave it as simply a poor sprite shift.
Aside from a few transparency issues, though, I don't have too much of a problem with the remainder of the character.

EDIT:
On a side note, Rayman's right hand (by his perspective) lacks a thumb in the 0.9 artwork.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Change Marth's up special he stays in the air to long and can easily be attacked in the air. Also my be when crusade 0.9 comes out maybe post a place where you can get a bunch of music ripped from brawl that are remixed and you ones that you recommend.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:42 am

Go to the Brawl Vault for all of your music needs. As for Marth's up special, he stays in the air as long as he does in melee. If you use it on stage, make sure you use it right after you block an attack when the foe is in front of you. When recovering, don't land on stage with it. Instead, aim directly for the ledge so you grab it at the top of the more's range. Do these things and suddenly your problem will go away.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:39 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Go to the Brawl Vault for all of your music needs. As for Marth's up special, he stays in the air as long as he does in melee. If you use it on stage, make sure you use it right after you block an attack when the foe is in front of you. When recovering, don't land on stage with it. Instead, aim directly for the ledge so you grab it at the top of the more's range. Do these things and suddenly your problem will go away.

Okay thanks, where would you go to find the brawl vault?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next