How Can We Improve Crusade In General?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:22 pm

@blue I did a little work on a ZSS resprite and then the whole "get new characters done" craze started
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Maybe improve character designs. I mean don't take this the wrong way,it is not that I am complaining about the current ones. Idea

Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:10 pm

If you mean resprites then yes, we are working on it.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah that's what I mean
Back to top Go down
ahmedhhw
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:39 am

Having different attacks like for example Lucario, Samus,ryu and Mewtos charged attacks seem repetitive maybe you should make the attacks like in supper SSF2 where they all look different like Ichigo's getsuga tenshou, black mage's electric thing, fire thing and ice thing(Lol sorry don't know what they are called) also make attacks like the Kamehameha longer to charge and maybe make the characters a little slower in response like when you press jump instead of them appearing in the air all of the sudden make them a little slower with more animations

To summarize my last comment what will make this game fun is having a lot of variation Surprised and attacks also animation play a key rule.

Last edited by Jaklub on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : post merge)
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 am

How about making the game less glitchy and less laggy as possible. For example castle siege is some times laggy when the level design changes.
Back to top Go down
Light
Level 4 CPU
Light

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:59 am

Make it so the game gives you free ice cream every time you win a match.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:08 am

ahmedhhw wrote:
To summarize my last comment what will make this game fun is having a lot of variation Surprised and attacks also animation play a key rule.
So you're saying we should COMPLETELY copy SSF2 in some areas.
Back to top Go down
ahmedhhw
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 am

URL wrote:
ahmedhhw wrote:
Technically SSF2 is a copy of SSBB and this topic is about how to make the game more fun and appealing and I just gave some ideas of how to make the gameplay better and more like SSBB so this is not copying it , it's just taking it's positives and making something similar ...
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:04 pm

ahmedhhw wrote:
URL wrote:
ahmedhhw wrote:
Technically SSF2 is a copy of SSBB and this topic is about how to make the game more fun and appealing and I just gave some ideas of how to make the gameplay better and more like SSBB so this is not copying it , it's just taking it's positives and making something similar ...
Better. SSBB.
Better =/= SSBB
Better = SSBM
Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:25 pm

That's purely opinion, Leo. Let's not start a Melee vs Brawl war, that's the last thing we want on this board.

Going through points in order:

@ahmed

I'd say that actually our attack varieties are pretty good. Lucario, Samus and Mewtwo's charged attacks were almost taken directly from SSB themselves (only different thing from those three is Lucario' up smash, and barely). I really don't see what you mean that they are repetitive, perhaps you could clear it up if I've misunderstood you.

Also, it's important not to have too much variety in normal attacks. Normal attacks are meant to be exactly that; normal attacks. A swordfighter would be expected to have the vast majority of his/her attacks as sword slashes, and Ryu's moveset should consist almost entirely of punches and kicks, because that's how he fights. There are characters that have gone the more diverse route in their normal attacks as well, like Gooey.

The point about Kamehameha and jumping is a point to be dealt with by the balancing team (that's the guys with green names). We make sure that the game is competitively balanced. As far as our opinions go, our Kamehameha and jump startups are perfectly fine as they are.

@Mike

Glitches are of course being dealt with best we can. If you do find glitches, go to that thread for bug reports (not sure where it is, but it might be under Announcements) and post your reports there. It's not like we would ignore you, so if you have a glitch to report you can post it there and we'll do our best to fix it.

The lag problem is more an individual computer-based thing. I can see why Castle Siege would lag a lot, but if your computer genuinely can't handle it well then the best I can suggest is to avoid playing on that stage. Lag comes from limitations in the programming engine itself, and we do our best to minimise the lag everyone gets.
Back to top Go down
ahmedhhw
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Sorry when I said repetative I didn't make my point clear I meant like when you press the special attack botton with nothing else they all charge balls that glow and throw them at their apponent
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Lucario, Mewtwo and Samus have their specials taken from SSBM/B, so even if they are repetitive they are still taken from the right source.

Ryu's special doesn't charge, and in fact has an EX version, making it one of the more unique moves in the game.
Back to top Go down
ahmedhhw
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello so I was looking through the game files I found this file named settings
I edited this file so the game feels more like the original game
This change to the game is to HELP(not completely solve) solve problems such as
1-Gives you more Items in game.
2-Improves the game's feel.
Important: PLEASE back up your SETTINGS file before you do this.
To do this go the the game files and open the file named settings.
Step one: delete everything
step two: copy and paste the following:

[Versus]
game_mode=stock
damage_ratio=100
final_smash=1
smash_power=900
item_frequency=1
respawn_percent=0
game_speed=1
stock_lives=3
time_minutes=1000
stamina_hp=300
size=1
friendly_fire=0
handicap=0
score_display=1
show_tags=1
airdodge_type=1
Note=damage_ratio, game_speed, stock_lives, time_minutes, stamina_hp, and size should be greater than 0!

[Sound]
bgm_volume=0.0999999999999997
sfx_volume=0.0999999999999997

[Items]
food=1
tomato=1
curry=1
bumper=1
shell=1
freezie=1
motionbomb=1
smartbomb=1
pitfall=1
soccerball=1
megamushroom=1
minimushroom=1
bubblemonitor=1
capsule=1
jumpman=1
[Online]
nick=Player
char=49
fs=0

Please test it and give me your opinion bounce

Last edited by ahmedhhw on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:33 am

That's where the game takes the settings from. Every time you change the game's settings the new ones are saved to that text file, and the next time you load the game the game looks in that file to make sure you have the same settings as before.
Back to top Go down
ahmedhhw
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:38 am

Dry wrote:
That's where the game takes the settings from. Every time you change the game's settings the new ones are saved to that text file, and the next time you load the game the game looks in that file to make sure you have the same settings as before.
Yup I know, I edited the settings so it feels more like the original game and posted it here Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:46 am

ahmedhhw wrote:
time_minutes=1000
tw: racial slur:
Back to top Go down
ahmedhhw
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Thursday wrote:
ahmedhhw wrote:
time_minutes=1000
Most players don't want time to interfere with their game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 pm

ahmedhhw wrote:
Thursday wrote:
ahmedhhw wrote:
time_minutes=1000
Most players don't want time to interfere with their game
Now sweetie, that just isn't true at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:30 pm

I know what'll make Crusade better.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:

Spoiler:

The ham shows the way to enlightenment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:50 pm

CellularSP wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

Spoiler:

The ham shows the way to enlightenment

Indeed. But I would like more items from the official games, like crates, red shell, party ball, bom-omb, etc.
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 pm

the current items ingame are boring
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:57 am

We need some poke balls and pokemon sprites
Back to top Go down
Dejv
Level 3 CPU
Dejv

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:56 am

1.Pokeballs.
2.Great Bay.
3.Improvement of the CPU while using Melee air dodges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 am

Removing Cless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:35 am

Mr. B. Psychic wrote:
Removing Cless
Except he isn't even in the game yet~
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:37 am

Probably meant from the main roster. I'm OK with Cless, but Lloyd or Luke fon Fabre would have been better imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Probably meant from the main roster. I'm OK with Cless, but Lloyd or Luke fon Fabre would have been better imo.
This is exactly what I meant. And if we were to replace him, a non tales of character would be nice.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:53 am

what if we try to make characters walk then run like in SSF2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next