HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Traweezie

Traweezie

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

jman wrote:
lol I was hoping someone knew what I meant. To see if anyone notice something about them.
A friend just pointed out to me the Devs didn't understand Mario and luigi very mcuh
their down Bs and shooting the fireball in the air and Im like oh shi your right

I suggested the down b thing to the person balanced Mario(fleep) and he didn't change it.. but luigi CAN float with down b but you gotta mash it much harder in this game as for the fire ball thing the only that changed was mario's but I like better it gets you more freedom to control the fireball
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 am

Fleep was the one who balanced Mario, complaints about no down B recovery should go to him. However, we did try to incorporate short hop fireball, but it was impossible without either breaking Mario's projectile or making him floatier than Jigglypuff. Unfortunately short hops are too short in Crusade for that to work. Luigi has fireballs that auto-cancel on land, and his down B rises if you mash the button.
Back to top Go down
LunarNall
Level 1 CPU
LunarNall

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:28 am

I know I just started, but I feel that a lot of attacks, particularly smash attacks, feel like they don't have much reach at all, and guarding seems a bit off.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:42 am

I see what you mean LunarNall. Basically, the animation of the attack (the sprite) is different from the actual attack, the bit that hits the opponent for damage (the hitbox). Generally, sprites that seem to have short range, like tilts and aerials, have slightly longer hitboxes than they appear to have, and again generally, sprites that seem to have long range, like sword-based attacks or other "disjoints" like Mario's forward smash, have shorter hitboxes than they appear to. This exists in the official titles as well, although the nature of the 3D art style in them makes it much less noticeable than in Crusade. We could consider the merits of adjusting all hitboxes to make sense with the sprites in the Balancer's Board if you want, although one con is that it would be incredibly tedious to do.

Not sure what you mean about guarding. If you mean that there's no shield poking (where if you hit the character outside their guard bubble you get the attack), that's because there isn't at the moment. It'll be in 0.9.
Back to top Go down
ninjasrb2
Level 1 CPU
ninjasrb2

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:55 am

I dunno ristar's grab should have more reach since he's stretchy instead of his b?
I dunno it felt awkward to me.
Back to top Go down
PikachuPowerIsEpic
Level 3 CPU
PikachuPowerIsEpic

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 am

you just have to remember that smash bros was not made with gamemaker. it is a professionally done game and has professional animators that. the smash bros ccharacters arnt made of pixels either.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 am

That has nothing to do with being able to code a larger grab box for Ristar's Nspecial. His grab range is fine because he doesn't stretch for it and he's small, Nspecial needs it's range fixed (right now it only grabs up to his wrists).
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 am

Nspecial is already by far the best move in Ristar's moveset, so I'm not sure how well extra range on it will go down with the other balancers.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:08 am

It may be his best move, but where is he on the tiers? Yeah, i'd support it. Honestly when that change was suggested to Det, I intended the hitbox to reach his fingertips or at least into his palms, but Merc's right, it still only grabs up to the wrist

@Merc he was talking about grab range and changing the animation, not Nspecial
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
That has nothing to do with being able to code a larger grab box for Ristar's Nspecial. His grab range is fine because he doesn't stretch for it and he's small, Nspecial needs it's range fixed (right now it only grabs up to his wrists).

I addressed his grab range already.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:23 am

But that's the point he was making, that it should stretch, not that the grab box is bad
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am

I could agree with that, but then there's the issue that his throws suck. If it were completely up to me I'd allow his throws to actually have either kill power or combo ability, seeing as Ristar has almost no combos at all.

Last edited by MercuryHg34 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Well, that's not a discussion for this thread. This thread is supposed to be general, not character specific
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:41 pm

I wasn't going to get into detail anyway. Anyone is allowed to ask questions about certain balancing or character-specific issues in that character's thread, by the way. We don't bite.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Bringing back traction. Crusade needs traction so it stops feeling so stiff and adds in real wavedashing on top of that, better mobility for everyone overall
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Well there isn't much for us to say besides that, other than "I agree" or "Eventually".
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 am

I was under the impression that you liked the stiffness of Crusade PH.

Anyway, I think traction might be in by 0.9. Don't quote me on that though.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:52 am

Traction, as in preserving movement in from air to ground transition?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:32 pm

That and also sliding a little from stopping a sprint, sliding from light shielding attacks (though Crusade doesn't have light shields)
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Traction also greatly affects wavedashing. If it gets programmed right you'll have some insane slides from characters like Luigi and Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Speaking of characters that slide.
I want IC's in the game. That's my suggestion for an improvement. Troll
Back to top Go down
Bobinator
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Personally, I'd like to see native gamepad support, if that's doable. I don't have much experience with programming in Game Maker, so I wouldn't know if that's something that's very hard to do or not.

I also agree with the people who say the art style needs more consistency. The custom spritework is great, but when you compare it to, say, Ryu, it starts to look a little, well, off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
lol working on them. IC's are my top priority along with Samurai Goroh, Magicant and District Court.
Bobinator wrote:
I also agree with the people who say the art style needs more consistency. The custom spritework is great, but when you compare it to, say, Ryu, it starts to look a little, well, off.
The characters with crap sprites and sprites that don't match are being resprited.
Well, except Zero Suit Samus. No one else seems to have a problem with her, which I think is odd.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:03 am

BluePsychic wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:
lol working on them. IC's are my top priority along with Samurai Goroh, Magicant and District Court.
Bobinator wrote:
The characters with crap sprites and sprites that don't match are being resprited.
Well, except Zero Suit Samus. No one else seems to have a problem with her, which I think is odd.

Everyone has a problem with ZSS's sprites. They're all just lazy or scared to sprite boobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:
Bobinator wrote:

Everyone has a problem with ZSS's sprites. They're all just lazy or scared to sprite boobs.
really, I've heard people say she doesn't need a resprite, which is a load of crap.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:58 am

Maybe we can improve crusade if we add battering items like beam swords and home-run bats etc.
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 pm

MikeMan214 wrote:
Maybe we can improve crusade if we add battering items like beam swords and home-run bats etc.

Yeah, we really do need some new items.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Due to the 0.9 engine changes, Battering Items are confirmed. So are more items. Mission Accomplished.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 pm

BluePsychic wrote:

https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t343p25-zero-suit-samus-wip-community-project
Dettadeus is working on it
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:34 pm

MikeMan214 wrote:
They will be in 0.9.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next