How Can We Improve Crusade In General?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:20 pm

My last post was rather large, and this is a different idea entirely. In order to prevent a MASSIVE comment, I'm double posting. Please, if double posting to juxtapose into an entirely different idea relevant to the topic (even to prevent gargantuan posts) is not permitted please warn me and I will fuse this with my other post posthaste.

Maybe you could change Megaman's NSpec to fit that of his in-game counterpart's buster weapon.
It would be semi-automatic (or at least, more than it is now) and shoot smaller, yellow spheres of energy at the opponent with minimal yet noticeable knockback, in order to prevent juggling the opponent with the buster for too long.

Charging a shot then letting go in under 30 frames would result in the current uncharged shot.

Charging it for 60 frames results in the slightly larger blue shot from the current Buster that appears between an uncharged shot and a charged shot.

A full charge is obtained after 150 frames, which works in exactly the same way as the current buster's charged shot.

An uncharged shot can be fired while moving, yet Megaman is still stationary when charging.

Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:24 pm

The double post rule is not really upheld strictly, we do it all the time in the back room. I wouldn't sweat it, as long as you have a good reason like the one you just listed.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Nice idea for the buster, except that there's a zone between 30 and 60 frames where no shot type applies.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Nice idea for the buster, except that there's a zone between 30 and 60 frames where no shot type applies.

Really? Well, then maybe the first charging phase can be removed and the other phases be the only ones. Unless of course your saying that each charge would have to take a full 60 frames to load due to the limits of Game Maker. (I'm not so sure; I've never really worked with it before, so please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:07 pm

No i'm saying that under 30 frames is supposed to be the uncharged shot, while 60 frames and up is charge level 1. That leaves a gap in your system between frame 30 and 60
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:19 pm

I see.
So, knock off the first charged shot and keep the other two. Fixed!
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:28 pm

you wanna know how to improve Crusade in general? cut Bill Rizer and Weegee from the roster, and add some characters:

Spyro
Sora
Slime
Rayquaza
Starfy
Paper Mario
Midna/Wolf Link
Meowth
Ninten
Palutena
Eggman
Shulk
Takamaru
Tom Nook or Villager
AiAi
Arthur
EW Jim
Nightmare
Travis Touchdown

Just saying. This would be a pretty sweet roster.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:50 pm

I don't understand why Weegee needs to be cut down since he is already complete, that feels like all that time and coding was for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:52 am

Axel meets Vanellope wrote:
Rayquaza

Oh Axel. You so funny.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:23 am

Rayquaza? No. Too big, and I'm not talking "Ridley" too big, I'm talking this-thing-is-the-size-of-a-twenty-story-building too big. It would be an awkward process to complete.

Wolf Link/Midna? Not necessary. TP is outdated, and to be honest, the Wolf Mode was unnecessary and overall just plain not fun when compared to Human Link Mode. Also, why would we need to include the same character twice?

Oh, and Eggman is already an expansion character.

The rest (while far-fetched for the roster of an official Smash game) seem okay by Crusade standards.

Well, except for cutting Weegee.
Sure, if you told me that he was going to be in the game beforehand I would've raised my "Bullsh*t" meter higher than the breaches of the known universe, but now that he's actually in I couldn't even imagine his absence. He is the main testament of Crusade's roster harmonization of full-on retard decisions and unfathomably awesome divinations.

Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:06 am

TP is still better than SS. Wolf Link and Midna have been really heavily requested.

Rayquaza, and adding Meta Ridley as Alt/FS would finish the "Brawl Boss" set.

Eggman is not a DLC character yet, and won't e for sometime. He might even lose his popularity (although that is unlikely)

Still, Weegee is worthless. Low tier, sucky, overgrown retard freak. Smash Bros material or internet poop. You decide.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:12 am

Weegee got a TON of positive feedback at APEX, he's definitely staying. And balancing issues are no excuse to exclude a character, we know what we're doing. As new versions come out the difference in tier position should slowly start to become negligible.

Besides, by your logic Ryu and Chun-Li and Waluigi and Bomberman and Snake (to name a few) are all "worthless" characters.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:57 am

But at least they've been in video games.

Weegee has nothing. He was added as a joke, and is not even funny. It's like Tingle but 10000000x worse.

Would like to sees more comments on those characters.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:18 am

But at least they've been in video games.

Weegee has nothing. He was added as a joke, and is not even funny. It's like Tingle but 10000000x worse.

Would like to sees more comments on those characters.
Weegee technically had a game. Mario is Missing.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:21 am

Weegee, unlike Tingle, actually HAS a fanbase. Like I said, if you were to tell me back in 0.7 that Weegee was going to be in the next demo, I may have killed you. But now that he's in, I'm glad that he is. He's very popular on the internet (unlike Tingle), is creepy for all the right reasons (unlike Tingle), has very random and imaginative attacks (unlike Tingle), and doesn't have an entire country full of people who hate him daily with a passion (unlike Tingle). If anything, he's like Tingle only 10000000x better.

He also has been in a game, surprisingly enough; the entire Weegee meme is based entirely on how abstract and unnerving his sprite in "Mario is Missing" is, so yes, Weegee as we know him/it has been in a Nintendo game at least once, regardless of how terrible that game actually was.

He's also already in the game and you seem to be the only person who hates his existence thus far, so chances are you're not going to win this one and we should discuss the remainder of your roster instead.

Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:28 am

One more thing: he wasn't Weegee in that game, he was Luigi. Second, that wasn't a Nintendo game, it was a PC game with permission from Nintendo, but they didn't help with it.

Now go ahead and discuss the rest
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:31 am

One more thing: he wasn't Weegee in that game, he was Luigi. Second, that wasn't a Nintendo game, it was a PC game with permission from Nintendo, but they didn't help with it.

Now go ahead and discuss the rest
I think your missing the fact that Mario is Missing IS a Nintendo game. Nintendo published it on the main consoles of NES and SNES. The DOS version however was not published by nintendo.
Back to top Go down
DangerMD (Senor)
Level 4 CPU
DangerMD (Senor)

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:47 am

you wanna know how to improve Crusade in general? cut Bill Rizer and Weegee from the roster, and add some characters:

Spyro
Sora
Slime
Rayquaza
Starfy
Paper Mario
Midna/Wolf Link
Meowth
Ninten
Palutena
Eggman
Shulk
Takamaru
Tom Nook or Villager
AiAi
Arthur
EW Jim
Nightmare
Travis Touchdown

Just saying. This would be a pretty sweet roster.

There are already a lot of characters in the main roster, besides, most of those guys may be coming as DLC.

I still support the removal and replacement of Rizer. What a waste of a character slot.
Back to top Go down
http://dangermd.deviantart.com
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:59 am

I know. Im saying these would be better reps than rizer or weegee
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:12 am

I think Bill Rizer is a great rep. He sort of represents the hard to beat NES Classics while our DLC reps include Ryu and Sophia III.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:17 am

Ryu Hayabusa?

honestly Sophia iii doesn't deserve rep. she comes from an obscure game no one's ever heard of.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:18 am

Ryu Hayabusa?

honestly Sophia iii doesn't deserve rep. she comes from an obscure game no one's ever heard of.
I have heard of it. Why don't you play Super Mario Crossover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:30 am

Just want to say something
Someone mentioned Tingle not having a fanbase? Wrong.
Sure he isn't liked in America, but he does have SOME fans there, and he is popular elsewhere.
So yeah.

Also, last I checked, the roster was final. Can we please make a rule in this topic about roster suggestions?
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:34 am

it's not a roster suggestion, it's how I would improve Crusade. Tingle would be fine on my roster as long as certain people weren't

(Vaati, I'm talkin' bout you)

also, I don't know what Super Mario Crossover is.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:50 pm

The Blue Psychic wrote:
Sure he isn't liked in America, but he does have SOME fans there, and he is popular elsewhere.
So yeah.

Also, last I checked, the roster was final. Can we please make a rule in this topic about roster suggestions?

1. That'd be me. I'm aware that he's popular in Europe (for some ungodly reason) and slightly less so in Japan, but in America... 90% of the population wants to see him burned to the stake. Of course, 10% don't mind him (and I'm assuming you fall into that 10%), but my point is that the majority do and many see him as the lowest possible example of a fictional video game character.

2. I agree. Not to compare, but that worked splendidly back when I was still frequenting McLeod gaming. While I think it can be a bit less... totalitarian in execution (such as accepting and taking into consideration recommendations for existing characters), it would eliminate pointless conversations such as these to leave room for more important matters to be discussed.

Back to top Go down
DangerMD (Senor)
Level 4 CPU
DangerMD (Senor)

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:51 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
I think Bill Rizer is a great rep. He sort of represents the hard to beat NES Classics while our DLC reps include Ryu and Sophia III.

I feel his presence in the roster to be a bit forced.

Remember when Chocobo and Cless were cut? That happened after the roster was said to be the final one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Shiruza wrote:
The Blue Psychic wrote:
So yeah.

1. That'd be me. I'm aware that he's popular in Europe (for some ungodly reason) and slightly less so in Japan, but in America... 90% of the population wants to see him burned to the stake. Of course, 10% don't mind him (and I'm assuming you fall into that 10%), but my point is that the majority do and many see him as the lowest possible example of a fictional video game character.
Wrong about the majority thing. Majority of AMERICANS. Also, regardless of what you think of him, he's staying.

And obvs I fall into that 10%. I sprited him not too long ago lol.

EDIT: The Chocobo/Cless thing was because those two were universally hated by everyone, had no sprite progress, and were not in game. As a result, they were replaced. Bill is a different case entirely. He was added as a sort of mutual agreement between current dev team and old one or something, and he has more supporters (which is to say, he HAS supporters) than Chocobo and Cless did.

Last edited by The Blue Psychic on Fri May 31, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:02 pm

Yes, I agree with SenorSaturno; his presence isn't all that necessary. Especially since him being in a Smash game reminds me far too much of Rumble...

...*shivers*...

EDIT:
Wait, what? Tingle's in the game? I wasn't trying to get him cut, if we're going to include Chun-Li we might as well include Tingle. At least it's not a Moblin or something, in Europe he probably makes sense.

I was just responding VxA's comment that Weegee was worse than Tingle.

Back to top Go down
DangerMD (Senor)
Level 4 CPU
DangerMD (Senor)

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:14 pm

The Blue Psychic wrote:
Wrong about the majority thing. Majority of AMERICANS. Also, regardless of what you think of him, he's staying.

And obvs I fall into that 10%. I sprited him not too long ago lol.

EDIT: The Chocobo/Cless thing was because those two were universally hated by everyone, had no sprite progress, and were not in game. As a result, they were replaced. Bill is a different case entirely. He was added as a sort of mutual agreement between current dev team and old one or something, and he has more supporters (which is to say, he HAS supporters) than Chocobo and Cless did.

If there is no chance to get him out, well... I hope he ends up growing on me.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:18 pm

Bill Rizer certainly has supporters, I for one am a huge fan and will support his inclusion to no end (i'm sure you want to start an argument there now...). He is a classic NES character with some serious popularity and potential to have a metagame unlike any other character, even with a roster well over 80. No one will be able to be as campy and projectile based as Bill, or even close. Even MM doesn't compare since we've gone with a very MvC approach to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Can We Improve Crusade In General?    How Can We Improve Crusade In General?  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Can We Improve Crusade In General?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next