SmashKing Sprites

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Here is where I post up all my sprites & sprite sheets. Enjoy and comment.

Duck Hunt Dog sprite sheet {WIP}
NOTE: Im Shading Last
SmashKing Sprites Dhdspritesheet

Last edited by SmashKing201 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:44 pm

I'll see if I can make some hitboxes out of here.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Sure why not. Though, so you know its still a work in progress. So let me know if there is anything I should fix.

There are still a few other moves I still have to make. Plus the shading.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 am

Also, If anyone want to help me out with anything, I would greatly appreciate it alot.

For example, I wont be able to do animations cause my computer wont let me. So if anyone wants to do it, please do Smile

If you feel that there is something on the sprite sheet I need to fix, like shading, frames, etc. And if you feel you can make it look better than how I did, please feel free to do so. Its all of our project not just mine and quality is very important Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:09 am

I think this shouldn't be 8-bit shading. You could totally transform this to a better style (JUS, Mario and Luigi).
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:47 am

He said it needed to be shaded. It isn't being left like this.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
I think this shouldn't be 8-bit shading. You could totally transform this to a better style (JUS, Mario and Luigi).

Yea, I plan on giving it a better spriting style.

I plan to go with this one here. Staypuft did a quick shading for me to see how DHD would turn out with some shading.
SmashKing Sprites 4zi0d71x

Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Cool. If you want me to, I can animate this once it's all done and shaded. I will be adding more frames to the attacks to make them smoother.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
Cool. If you want me to, I can animate this once it's all done and shaded. I will be adding more frames to the attacks to make them smoother.

Yes please, I would seriously appreciate that. Thank You. I was having some trouble making some extra frames for certain moves.

By the way, I can't decide on a final smash. I was thinking of this.

A bush appears on the stage and he jumps into it. Ducks (maybe 5,6, or so) start flying out the bushes and a target appears on the screen. Ducks fly rapidly all over the stage. When a duck hits an enemy, its stuns them in their place with decent damage. Player controls the target to shoot the enemies, which as good knockback. The ducks can be dodged to avoid getting stunned. The ducks stunning the enemies helps shooting to be easier. If your opponents get KO'd, Duck Hunt Dog pops out the bushes to laugh. No, you cant shoot him. lol

If the above idea is too hard to program, then instead how about this. Duck Hunt Dog faces the screen and extends his arms out. From here a ton of ducks fly out from behind him and rapidly fly all over the place. Works like Pit's Final Smash.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Does this mean the Duck Hunt stage will no longer be? It's pointless if the stage is a Final Smash.

I don't like the Duck Hoard...
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Shocked OH MAN!!! I forgot that the Duck Hunt stage was in Crusade. Not sure if it still going to be on the game, though I hope it stays in. But yea DMX, your right. Would be pointless for the Final Smash to be the same as the stage hazard.

Damn, now its back to the old drawing board to come up with a Final Smash if the stage will still be in the game.

EDIT: I GOT IT!!! How about this?

Counter Revenge: (This is Duck Hunt Dog's revenge against the players who shot him in the Arcade version of Duck Hunt)

This is how it works. It will be a combo of attacks with a finishing blow similar to Link, Lucario, & Goku.

DHD extends his paw to grab the opponent by the throat and pushes that opponent away vertically from in front of him. All 3 different color Ducks fly from behind him and grab the opponent with their feet, as if they are holding the opponent in place. DHD rapidly throws multiple Clay Disk and finishes it off with one strong shot from the NES Zapper to blow them away. Then he laughs.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Time for c+c:

Shield looks like a air dodge. It needs to look like he's on ground.
The fall animation should be the last frame of double jump.
Down air looks weird.
He needs start-up animation and end animation for Up Special.
Needs start-up for taunt and ending animation.
Many attacks need ending lag.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:16 pm

The 85. wrote:
Time for c+c:

Shield looks like a air dodge. It needs to look like he's on ground.
The fall animation should be the last frame of double jump.
Down air looks weird.
He needs start-up animation and end animation for Up Special.
Needs start-up for taunt and ending animation.
Many attacks need ending lag.

He is using his Shield while standing on one foot. As if he is taking cover to add in something with humor. lol

As for the air dodge, I tried to make him do a doggy paddle (similar to how dogs swim). But he is doing it in the air. The move is suppose to work similar to Yoshi's Down Air. I'm having trouble trying to make the legs go in a paddle motion.

Agree with the fall animation, taunt, & ending lags for many attacks. Will try to fix it, hopefully I can.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:32 am

D air looks little awkard?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:46 am

Yea, I asked myself what I have done when I finished it. It was suppose to be a doggy paddle (you know how dogs swim), but Im having some trouble with the legs.

It is suppose to work similar to Yoshi's Down Air.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:37 am

Oh then,Got it! xD
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am

Yea, but doesnt look like what its suppose to be, so it will be some time to fix
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:46 am

Perhaps make it look a bit more like this:

Spoiler:

*Warning, semi-large GIF that may lag your internet when it loads*
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 am

Yea something like that but faster, more extended reach on the limbs, and more vertical on the torso position
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:00 am

Yeah, well, that dog is pretty small compared to the DHD. So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:04 am

True, DHD is a hound, this ones a chihuahua. Lol. Today im changing his side air to make it more vertical
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:12 pm

I suggest Det's idea for Down Special, in which Duck Hound places a duck in front of him, which is scared upon the opponent getting closer, and flies away zig zag style, damaging the opponent.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Hmmmm never heard this suggestion before. Not sure about the move though.

But yea, this is what I had in mind and this is what I done so far.

Seeing how there are 3 different colored ducks in Duck Hunt, I decide I will use one of each colored duck to different parts of his move set. From strongest to weakest. In case not many know, in Duck Hunt you get a certain amount of points depending on the round your in as well as the color of the duck you shoot. Black ducks give you the least amount of points, followed by blue, and red giving you the most points.

Now how does this relate to his move set. Well, this is how. Each duck is put into different parts of his move set.

The blacks ducks, which give you the least amount of points in Duck Hunt, do the least damage. The black ducks are his Up Special. His up special functions like Snake's Up B. They do damage when DHD releases them after use, which does similar damage as Snake's Up B after release. Which is very little damage.

The blue ducks are in his Up tilt attack. He throws them up. In Duck Hunt, they dont give you as much points, but more than the black ducks. How does this do more damage than the Up B? In the Up B, DHD only releases them out their hands while in the Up tilt he throws them up as hard as he can. Decent knockback when the damage is right.

Now, the red ducks do the most damage since they cost the most points in Duck Hunt. The red duck is used as a battering ram in his Side Smash. He pulls a red duck from behind by its throat and swings him forward.

So the idea is this in conclusion. Each colored duck is in different parts of his move set. Black in special attacks, blue in tilt attacks, and red in smash attack. Since in many cases the Smash attacks are stronger than the special attacks, the red is in the smash attack. So depending on the move you use, that is the colored duck you use. Instead of racking points with the ducks, your racking damage to the opponent with the ducks. Pretty creative right? Very Happy

Now the reason for the Pounce attack and how it works.

I had a poll on facebook to see what Down B attack fans want to see for DHD, and the pounce won.

The pounce functions similar to Ike & Ganondorf Side B and Falcon's Down B. Here's the description.

When you press Down B, DHD crouches in a "ready to pounce" position while growling. You can hold Down B to keep the position in place (Like Ike's Side B when fully charged) and time your attack. This is one of many references to his dog instincts. When released, he leaps at a arched 45 degree angle. When it makes contact to an opponent, he grabs on to them similar to Ganondorf's Side B and kind of brings them down to the ground.

This same move can be used in the air also. The only difference from using it on the ground is this. The move can not be held in place, so he just pounces right away. It doesn't go vertically, it goes in a downward diagonal direction like Falcon Kick when in the air. Unlike the Falcon Kick, instead of knocking them away, he grabs on to them and drives them down to the ground.

The pounce will perhaps be one of his most useful moves besides the Clay Shooting, melee attacks, and NES Zapper.

Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Yup. Also, his Down Smash will be a Tail Chase, works similar to Pikachu's Down Smash except he is not spinning on his back.

His Dash Attack is Roll Over. He dashes, leaps, and then rolls on his back twice vertically.

Those 2 moves are already done, but they look kinda crappy in my view, but I will wait till you guys see it

All I have left to do is his Grabs and Final Smash
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:10 pm

I hate to double post, but I have moved my Duck Hunt Sprites to the Character Spriting Board. This thread here will now only be used for me to post future works and non-crusade related work.

Here's the link to Duck Hunt Dog's (WIP) spriting thread
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t99-duck-hunt-dog-wip#1786
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Here is my Excitebiker sprites that I was working on last year when he was still on the roster.

I didn't get much done but I'm proud of it Very Happy

SmashKing Sprites Iaza14923541424200

SmashKing Sprites Iaza14923590777600

SmashKing Sprites Iaza14923537618300
Back to top Go down
plasmis
Level 5 CPU
plasmis

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:35 pm

It was a good start, and I had to say that it was probably one of your most memorable works!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SmashKing Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmashKing Sprites   SmashKing Sprites Empty

Back to top Go down

SmashKing Sprites
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1