Why buying a Wii is a great choice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

Why buying a Wii is a great choice... Empty
PostSubject: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:35 pm

If you buy a Wii,you get :
-Motion Controls
-Free Online Gameplay for all games that support it
-Retrocompatibility with GameCube Controllers,Memory Cards and Games.
-News Channel,Forecast Channel,Internet Channel,and more
-Exclusive Wii Games(Castlevania Judgement,Mario Kart Wii,Skyward Sword,Tatsunoko vs Capcom,Sonic Colors,etc)
-Multiple play styles(Play with Classic Controller,Wii Remote,Wii Remote+Nunchuku,Wii Wheel,Balance Board,Gamecube Controller)
-Virtual Console and Wiiware(Ocarina of Time,Rage of the Gladiator,Super Street Fighter II,Downloadable content for games like Just Dance 3,Rock Band,Megaman 9,games from other non-nintendo consoles,like Metal Slug,Strider Hiryu,etc).
-WiiConnect 24(Even when you're not playing,the Console updates information automatically via access points for apllications like Check Mii Out,Nintendo Channel,etc.
-Download Nintendo DS Demos directly into your DS on Nintendo Channel,and watch videos of upcoming games.
-Play FPS's and the like by pointing the Wii Remote towards the screen like a gun(It's a little hard the first time,but anyone can master it.).
-Save data on your SD Card(For games like Super Smash Bros Brawl,Animal Crossing,PokePark 1 and 2,etc.).
-Lots of Local Co-op games(House of the dead Overkill,Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon,Kirby's Return to Dream Land,Rayman Origins,etc).

Those are all the advantages of buying a Wii.If you buy a PS3 or a XBox 360,you'll surely will get strong graphics,but will you get all the things listed above?Just to make sure about each console's advantages :

Wii - Fun for the entire family,nostalgic and easy to master.
PS3 - Incredible graphics,lots of extra content,big community.
XBox 360 - Many ways to customize,easy to find players to play online,doesn't costs too much.

Kinect can be fun to play on XBox 360,but ocasionally there is a problem with the camera,and some games are just...unresponsive.
PSMove feels like a different way of playing PS3 Games,and it is very responsive,however,not all games support PSMove.

I hope this answers a lot of questions,comment and tell-me about your experiences with each console.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 pm

I love how most of the "great reasons" you listed are some of the main criticisms of the Wii, such as the motion controls, SD card-based data storage and "multiple play styles"
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:13 pm

The problem with the Wii is in my eyes the games, sure there are some seriously amazing titles, but they are few and far between. I mean, when I compare my own gaming shelf to the greatest console of all time, the PS2 I get this.

PS2 - 110 games, all with differing genres and age ratings. Most are amazing titles, others are still very passable.

Wii - 15 games, almost all critically acclaimed, come in the form of platformer, action and very light RPG (Little King's Story). 13 of them are for 12's and under, with the exception of No More Heroes and Madworld.

It just doesn't have the diversity. When the Wii gets something right, it blows minds, but it is just so rare it hurts.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 pm

You don't know what you're talking about.
The Wii has many more great games than just 15 critically acclaimed games.
Maybe if you had a Wii,you would understand...
...Just how much variety the Wii has.And how much fun it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:52 pm

MitsuriZX wrote:
...Just how much variety the Wii has.
Why buying a Wii is a great choice... HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:58 pm

I think i just got "epic failed" by Brovahkiin.
Is there no way to escape his/her onslaught of epic win?
EDIT : That's Tintin.This just adds to how much epic Brovahkiin looks.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:02 pm

I have to agree with GanonTheGreat, the Wii doesn't have much varieties for the general demographics. Most of the games on the Wii seem to appeal mostly to casuals and kids. Doesn't mean that the Wii is a bad console since I own one myself. But, sometimes in order to play a game that is very well detailed and epic in storytelling, competitive, and one that appeals to someone my age in his mid-20's, I have to turn to the 360.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Only reasons to buy a Wii IMO are Brawl and the Operation Rainfall titles.
I basically only play Brawl on my Wii nowadays.

Now consider the WiiU is set for release during holiday season this year, and the number of reasons to get a Wii diminishes further because you'll be wasting 199 bucks on a system when the next one will be mostly backwards compatible.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:23 pm

MitsuriZX wrote:
Umm, I said I was looking at MY shelf. Of course I have a Wii. It still needs variety.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeah...let-me just make a list of "Serious" games on the Wii that probably weren't made for kids :
Spoiler:
This answers the question about how many serious games the Wii has.Wait,there are probably more serious games out there,but i would have to make one hell of a research,somenthing you clearly aren't doing.Anyway,enjoy this thread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:39 pm

>Guitar Hero/Rock Band
>Serious games not made for kids
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Ok, so you listed games that are appealing to the core or mature audience, but those are mediocre games that no one cares about. Well, not all of them, but many are.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:48 pm

MitsuriZX wrote:
Yeah...let-me just make a list of "Serious" games on the Wii that probably weren't made for kids :
Spoiler:
This answers the question about how many serious games the Wii has.Wait,there are probably more serious games out there,but i would have to make one hell of a research,somenthing you clearly aren't doing.Anyway,enjoy this thread!
Answers in bold.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:58 pm

EDIT : I have edited this post since some people though it was offensive(or whatever.).But still,feel free to comment about why the PS3 and the XBox360 have more variety compared to the Wii.

Last edited by MitsuriZX on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:01 pm

MitsuriZX wrote:
You're the one who doesn't knows how to enjoy games...
You said almost every game was crap...that's no way to treat the Wii!After all,it sold much more than the PS3 and XBox 360.I forgot to include The Conduit 1 and 2...but i guess it won't make much difference.Look,Just agree with me that the Wii is a great console,and i'll let all this discussion pass,ok?I mean,it can't be that hard.Screw realism,i prefer my Zelda Epicness,My Mario wacky stages,and my Metroid story deepness.
That's not how debates go.

Leave your fanboyism out the door.

And this is coming from someone who only has a Wii.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm not asking the other person to love the Wii and to hate the other consoles.It's just...the Wii feels so inferior to the other consoles.I don't want people to think that the Wii isn't a major console.When other people negatively criticize about the Wii but don't negatively criticize the PS3 and XBox 360,then what are they being?That is the true fanboyism that is ocurring here.As stated before,Yatagarasu only admitted to the Last Story and 007 Goldeneye being better on the wii,but...most of the games i presented,he said it was better on the PS2/PS3/XBox 360.And i have multiple consoles,not only the Wii.There is a game shop nearby where people meet up to play games together by renting the consoles.
...You know what happens everyday?Everybody plays PS3 and XBox360.The wii just stays there,getting more dusty and dusty.It's like people don't even know about it's existence.It is a very sad situation.One day,all the other consoles went out of service,except the Wii.Do you know what happened?No one rented the Wii that day.One of my friends even said : "I'd prefer to drink piss than to play that broken console.".I've only wished the Wii got more attention.I've wished the Wii got recognized as a giant step in gaming history.
I'm going to edit my previous post,but please,don't lock my thread this time.You already did that before,and that kind of bugged-me.
I hope everybody can understand-me.
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 pm

MitsuriZX wrote:

I only have a Wii, and even I think it needs more variety. I'm hoping the Wii U solves that issue.

MitsuriZX wrote:
Spoiler:

You forgot one great game title or titles that are definitely not made for kids: No More Heroes. Granted, the second is far better than the first, but NMH is one of the series that is better on the Wii (the 360 version is very good, from what I hear, but the Wii version is better than the PS3's).

The fact you forgot NMH disappoints me.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:41 am

MitsuriZX wrote:
You're the one who doesn't knows how to enjoy games...
You said almost every game was crap...that's no way to treat the Wii!After all,it sold much more than the PS3 and XBox 360.I forgot to include The Conduit 1 and 2...but i guess it won't make much difference.Look,Just agree with me that the Wii is a great console,and i'll let all this discussion pass,ok?I mean,it can't be that hard.Screw realism,i prefer my Zelda Epicness,My Mario wacky stages,and my Metroid story deepness.
The problem is, most of those games are crap. The Wii could have been great, the problem is they realised they could make more and more money from it so they got greedy. Before you know it 9/10 games shipped on the console was shovelware, that was there to take advantage of the people who think a game is a game and doesn't really know any better.

I love my Wii, heck, I even have a custom case mod for it, I just think it needs more great games and overall I still love my PS3.

Also, looking at that bolded sentence, you should either be a dictator or a Priest.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 am

Quote :
Wii - Fun for the entire family,nostalgic and easy to master.
PS3 - Incredible graphics,lots of extra content,big community.
XBox 360 - Many ways to customize,easy to find players to play online,doesn't costs too much.
>Implying only the Wii has friendly games

Why buying a Wii is a great choice... Little-big-planet-coverWhy buying a Wii is a great choice... ModNation_Racers_box_artWhy buying a Wii is a great choice... Dance_central_kinect_game_boxWhy buying a Wii is a great choice... 1405440-kinectimals_box_large

I could name alot more friendly games on the PS3 and 360 but other than that..
The wii is a good system. Like an NES, its got really good games and rare unfound gems/classics in its library of games.. But its entirely covered by a bunch of shitty games in general.

The second problem is that most Wii games are only fun when played WITH A FRIEND. If you expect to play solo on the Wii, good luck trying to have fun. Other than games like Skyward sword, DKC, all the Mario games, Metroid series, the No more heroes series and other titles you may or may not notice, the rest of the library's single player campaigns/offerings are complete garbage. The wii's selling point was the multiplayer because if you actually had a friend to play with, you'd actually have tons of fun.

I have a nintendo wii and all i did with it alone was Internet browser and Street Fighter 2 on Vitrual console, because i played all my wii games and their single player offerings were short (even Brawl. The single player campaign (without a friend) took me 10-12 hours and felt like a cakewalk, regardless of difficulty).

The only reason why buying a Wii is a great choice is none other than its multiplayer offerings. Playstation and Xbox 360 is great in both (lacks a bit on multiplayer offerings in opinion) but if i'd want multiplayer offerings, i'd pick the Wii anyday.

Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 am

I dunno, the one with the smiling baby tiger looks like it might have adult themes...
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 am

*Sniff*
I'm so happy.
I didn't know you guys actually loved the Wii.I though this thread was going to make a sharp turn and crash into the wall.
Tyking1224,i didn't forget about No More Heroes,Yatagarasu already mentioned it.So i though there wasn't any need to actually put that game in the list.
Also,i didn't said the PS3 and XBox360 don't have any fun games,in fact,they do.
There are many games that look like serious games on those consoles(Blur,Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce,Sonic Generations,The Sims 3,etc),but when you actually get to play them,you find out that it's not all about cutting off heads,throwing grenades insanely or defeating giant monsters.The PS3 and the XBox360 have that immersive feeling when you start playing games like Resident Evil 5,Tekken 6 or Dead Space 2.It is hard to describe...i hope someone can help-me with the words.
Also,does anyone here wishes for Red Steel 3 and No More Heroes 2 Remake for the PS3 and XBox360?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 am

MitsuriZX wrote:
*Sniff*
I'm so happy.
I didn't know you guys actually loved the Wii.I though this thread was going to make a sharp turn and crash into the wall.
In order to love something, you need to be able to admit the flaws it has. None of us hate the Wii or Nintendo (After all, we are on a SSB fan game forum), but we are just realistic about the system.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Then let's hear about the PS3 and XBox360 "realistic" flaws.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:58 pm

360 seems cheap, but the cost of online makes it way too expensive, plus I don't like the layout of the menu's and the money system is zetta confusing. Also, I still have the fat one and the lack of wireless internet is really messed up. It was only until recently my router was close enough to keep it plugged in.

With the PS3 you need to install a portion of the game on the hard drive, which when it's only a couple megs it's nothing. However when you need to save 10GB for things like Gran Turismo 5 it really sucks up your hard drive.

The Wii's lack of HD and the lack of great titles bothers me, plus the way it has been marketed really pushes me away from admitting I have one. Also, the controls are so simplistic that it's very hard to get some decent and varied gameplay out of it, that isn't just spamming buttons.

Liking one particular console over the others is fine, just don't claim the one you prefer is perfect and understand its faults, that's the mistake a lot a fanboys make. I for one favor the PS3, but it is still far from the perfect machine.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Then,how should the perfect console be?
in my opinion,the Perfect Console would :
-Have High Definition Graphics and 3D equal to the 3DS's one,without the need for the a 3D TV.
-Have all kinds of games,from all producers like Nintendo,Sega,Konami,Bandai,etc.
-have Perfect motion controls
-have Support for chat or voice chat in ALL games.
-have Retrocompatibility with PS2,PS3,XBox,XBox360,GameCube,Wii and Dreamcast
-have Lots of memory for storing games,music,video,applications,etc
-have Virtual Console but with more recent games like Devil May Cry 3 and Wind Waker
-have an Affordable price so that anyone can buy it.
-have some kind of connectivity with the 3DS or the PSVita.Or both.
-have no bugs at all.
-have support for old controllers like those used on the PS1 or the N64.
-have somenthing similiar to the Nintendo Channel,but with demos and free new DLC everyday.
-If you have no more controllers,you can use handhelds as controllers.
-Anti-Cheating when you're playing online so you don't get trolled by any random player.
-Incredible Audio capabilities,somenthing that totally surpasses Dolby Surround.

All this and i would have the perfect console...It's pretty impossible,but i can dream,can't i?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm

MitsuriZX wrote:
-Have High Definition Graphics and 3D equal to the 3DS's one,without the need for the a 3D TV.
-Have all kinds of games,from all producers like Nintendo,Sega,Konami,Bandai,etc.
-have Virtual Console but with more recent games like Devil May Cry 3 and Wind Waker
-have no bugs at all.
-have somenthing similiar to the Nintendo Channel,but with demos and free new DLC everyday.
-Anti-Cheating when you're playing online so you don't get trolled by any random player.
-Incredible Audio capabilities,somenthing that totally surpasses Dolby Surround.

All this and i would have the perfect console...It's pretty impossible,but i can dream,can't i?
Basically, you just described a Gaming PC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:32 am

Yatagarasu wrote:
MitsuriZX wrote:
-have no bugs at all.

Basically, you just described a Gaming PC.
I think we can all come to the firm agreement that PC is master race.
And that this entire thread is an idealistic shitfit.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:33 am

Well, obviously it depends on the money one is willing to spend. Should you spend enough money, you can obviously play anything on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 am

Slissith wrote:
Well, obviously it depends on the money one is willing to spend. Should you spend enough money, you can obviously play anything on the PC.
But if you got a shitty graphics card, just stick with your console
Back to top Go down
SSBPC CD
Level 4 CPU
SSBPC CD

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 am

Slissith wrote:

you lie i cannot play 3ds games nor vita games on a pc yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why buying a Wii is a great choice...   Why buying a Wii is a great choice... Empty

Back to top Go down

Why buying a Wii is a great choice...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next