View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taydo
Level 3 CPU
Taydo

Marth
  ChristianSmash

Next Crusade update predictions Empty
PostSubject: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 10:16 am

After 9.2, Project Crusade is working on the next new update for the game. Two months ago, we got a tease of the Falco resprite that was shown off at the end of Dan's trailer.
And, that was pretty much the only change we saw, nothing else was different. The team has been very quiet recently, and we have not gotten any news or updates on the new demo yet.

Which makes me believe that this new update might be much bigger than what we got in 9.1. We already know that Falco is getting redone, and all of the other characters are planned for resprites as well, but what if this isn't the only thing they're doing?

My best possible guess is that they're making HUGE changes to the game, trying to make it different than 9.2.
If they could be doing something like that, it might not even be version 9 anymore.

So, here are my predictions for the next new update of Crusade:

1. The next update will be titled as: "Super Smash Bros. Crusade Beta".

2. The game's UI will be different and improved, and it might be a mix of Melee's and Ultimate's.

3. Only half of the character roster will have new, improved, and updated sprites and movesets.

4. Battlefield's design will be slightly different and it'll include Day/Night system similar to Smashville.

5. Final Destination will be redesigned and the background will look similar to Melee's FD.

6. Almost all of the previous stages from past versions will return, and some new ones might be in as well.

7. Ultimate's airdodge will be added in as an option.

8. There will be an option to change the HUD style. (Crusade, Original (Smash 64/Melee), Complex (Brawl/Smash 4), and Ultimate.)

9. More Smash veterans will be added in. (Roy, Young Link, Zelda, Sheik, Pit, Ike, Wii Fit Trainer, and King Dedede.)

10. New characters will be added in. (I'm not giving it away because i'm not sure.)

11. Home Run Contest will be included in Stadium Mode.

12. Battlefield and Omega formed stages will be a new option.

13. Online will be much different and improved.

14. Adventure Mode will be included. But it'll be heavily inspired by Melee's Adventure Mode.

And that's pretty much it for my predictions for this next update. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
BionicAndrew1

BionicAndrew1

Meta Knight
  CaptainTerror

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Whatever you’re smoking, I want it lolol
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 10:25 pm

You do realize that the dev team isn't that big, right? This is a bit much considering their size. Maybe if they were SSF2 sized some of this would be plausible, but i don't see much of this getting in.
Back to top Go down
Taydo
Level 3 CPU
Taydo

Marth
  ChristianSmash

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 5:54 am

I'm just curious if the next update will be 9.3 or Beta.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 9:10 am

I can guarantee one thing - it won't be called beta.
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Taydo wrote:
1. The next update will be titled as: "Super Smash Bros. Crusade Beta".

This all depends on the developers themselves, and since Alex is pretty much nonconforming this prediction, this is completely out of the picture.

Taydo wrote:
2. The game's UI will be different and improved, and it might be a mix of Melee's and Ultimate's.

They've made enough updates to the UI, honestly, and they're just as unique as any other unofficial Smash game out there, as of current.

Taydo wrote:
3. Only half of the character roster will have new, improved, and updated sprites and movesets.

Baby steps, my dude. Their team size compared to SSF2's is pretty staggering; possibly 5 times smaller. So, they're just going at a decent pace, as they're just like you and me, they have lives too, to top it off.

Taydo wrote:
4. Battlefield's design will be slightly different and it'll include Day/Night system similar to Smashville.
5. Final Destination will be redesigned and the background will look similar to Melee's FD.

Battlefield and Final Destination in this game is already unique in its own right; it's totally fine as it is.

Taydo wrote:
6. Almost all of the previous stages from past versions will return, and some new ones might be in as well.

There's a possibility that this could be do-able, but please take into account that their dev team is much smaller compared to most other games out there. (Look at 3. as it's an estimate.)

Taydo wrote:
7. Ultimate's airdodge will be added in as an option.

I... don't think this will ever come into fruition, cause they made a mini-UI system, in the character select screen, to choose between 3 different types of airdodges. Implementing this one into the game, would increase the complexity of balancing the game as a whole by one more level.

Taydo wrote:
8. There will be an option to change the HUD style. (Crusade, Original (Smash 64/Melee), Complex (Brawl/Smash 4), and Ultimate.)

Eh. I like the idea, but again, the dev team is small, so I don't think it'll ever happen.

Taydo wrote:
9. More Smash veterans will be added in. (Roy, Young Link, Zelda, Sheik, Pit, Ike, Wii Fit Trainer, and King Dedede.)

Just like respriting and updating movesets, baby steps. It takes quite a good amount of time to even add 1 character, such as concepts, trial and error to try and make it so that said character is glitch-free as possible, and balancing that character as well.

Taydo wrote:
10. New characters will be added in. (I'm not giving it away because i'm not sure.)

I honestly don't think you even know what new characters are even in the works as of now, heck even I don't know who's going to show up.  scratch

Taydo wrote:
11. Home Run Contest will be included in Stadium Mode.

A great idea, but I believe it's going to take a while for it to happen.

Taydo wrote:
12. Battlefield and Omega formed stages will be a new option.

This alone is too much work for the devs as of now. Technically you're doing 3 times the work on making each stage, which takes 3 times as long to even add them in, cause of spriting.

Taydo wrote:
13. Online will be much different and improved.

Again, it takes time for it to improve, due to how small this team is.

Taydo wrote:
14. Adventure Mode will be included. But it'll be heavily inspired by Melee's Adventure Mode.

I'd be down for any kind of Adventure Mode, as it's good single-player content alone. Sadly, it's going to take a long while for it to even happen due to their dev team size again.

Taydo wrote:
And that's pretty much it for my predictions for this next update. Cheers!

These lists of predictions are 'OK' at best, but it comes down to Dev Team Size being the issue, among the entire thing, honestly. I'd like to partake in there development cycle with the game, but I've got my plate full on other things, such as IRL scenarios, gaming projects, schooling, work, you name it.
Back to top Go down
Taydo
Level 3 CPU
Taydo

Marth
  ChristianSmash

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 pm

On the side note, y'all have GOT to remove Petey Piranha and replace him with Piranha Plant.
Back to top Go down
BionicAndrew1

BionicAndrew1

Meta Knight
  CaptainTerror

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm

"Replacing" characters is something that I can guarantee you will never happen in Crusade. Why replace this and that when you can have both this and that?
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Taydo wrote:
On the side note, y'all have GOT to remove Petey Piranha and replace him with Piranha Plant.

I believe Petey is the more interesting choice to be honest. Besides adding Piranha Plant wouldn't mean Petey would have to get the boot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Crusade update predictions   Next Crusade update predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Crusade update predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1