View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling Empty
PostSubject: If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling   If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Yo guys, this is SwitchStationX here! And I decided to create a new series of topics called "If This Character Was In Crusade". It's where I give my thoughts on the character, say what their Individual Themes or Stages that they should be fought on in Classic Mode or unlocking them, give a few suggestions if the devs were to add them, and even give my personal rating for their chance to make it into the Crusade (inspired by BillyBo1k's series called "Rate Their Chances" on YouTube for Smash Bros Ultimate). The first character we are going to talk about today is actually my most wanted character, Inkling from Splatoon. Not only that, but we are also going to talk about Octoling. I know I have mentioned a lot about Inkling being in this game (and I'll try not to obsess about it, hell, this will probably be the last time I mention them for a while), but I have never talked about Octoling being in until now. But anyways, let's start this!

Alexander has made an Inkling discussion in the past, and there was a point where he asked what gender should be used for the character in Crusade, and unsurprisingly, everybody voted female (because she's more iconic than the boy). Well, I have an idea so the devs can add both genders of Inkling & Octoling. They should do what they did with Mario & Dr. Mario, Luigi & Weegee (R.I.P.), Samus & Zero Suit Samus, Link & Toon Link, Pikachu & Pichu, Ryu & Evil Ryu, and Shantae & Nega Shantae. If you don't know what I mean, I will show you an image (the menu assets were taken from the Roster Builder by ConnorRentz that I downloaded):

If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling Inklin10
See, like that, so now both genders can be playable in the game, not just the girls.

Now there is a stage I think Inkling & Octoling should be fought on in Classic Mode (or even unlocking them) if Crusade doesn't get a Splatoon stage. And I think that stage should be the Q'bert stage. It would only make sense because of all the colors on the ground it has, despite how annoying that stage can be (unless it has hazards off).

Now for Individual themes. I think Inkling's Individual Theme should be "Calamari Inkantation" from Splatoon 1. Some might disagree and think Splattack should be the Individual Theme. But to me, I think Splattack should be the default theme if Crusade does get a Splatoon stage. And I think Octoling's Individual Theme should be "Fly Octo Fly" from Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion.

For Availability, both should be unlockable.

So, do I think Inkling is likely for Crusade? Yes, I do! Definitely not as much as characters like Zelda, Sheik, Pit, or even King Dedede, but I can totally see Inkling getting in. Although one con I see for Inkling and Octoling is that the ink might be very hard to program. I could be just over exaggerating because I have never used Game Maker, but say the Splattershot is used on an opponent. Yeah... But I shouldn't think about it too much. Out of all the Ultimate newcomers (besides Ridley because he is already in), I would say Inkling is the most likely to get in. Afterall, if we can get characters like Klonoa, Mach Rider, and even Saki Amamiya, we can get Inkling. I will give Inkling a 60% chance of being in the Crusade.

As for Octoling. Err... sorry to say this, but I don't think Octoling is very likely to get in. But if Octoling does, than that would be great! But if the devs add the character, I would like Octo to work like Isabelle in Ultimate, where there are similar qualities to Inkling, but a lot of the moves are more unique. But overall, I will give Octoling a 20% chance of being in the Crusade.

Bonus: For the trailer for Inkling, if they make it their reveal in Ultimate, they should make it where the fiery Crusade logo is shown on Inkling Boy's eye instead of Inkling Girl's eye.

So, tell me what you guys think of this. Tell me what you think stage Inkling & Octoling should be fought on if Crusade doesn't get a Splatoon stage, what should be their Individual Themes, and what should be their availability. And what do you think of the gender idea?

And one more thing, do you think I should make more of these topics? If I continue this series, the next characters will be Zelda & Sheik. But in the meantime, Stay Fresh!!!

Last edited by SwitchStationX on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling   If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 5:58 pm

I mean yeah, if Crusade were to have both Inkling Boy and Girl in they'd just be skins of each other. The problem stems from having to sprite an entirely new character. Even though they have the same body shape, you'd have to do all of the small details, including the different hair, shirt, shoes and shorts. The poll was made just to see what would people rather see if only one were to exist.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling   If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 6:25 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I mean yeah, if Crusade were to have both Inkling Boy and Girl in they'd just be skins of each other. The problem stems from having to sprite an entirely new character. Even though they have the same body shape, you'd have to do all of the small details, including the different hair, shirt, shoes and shorts. The poll was made just to see what would people rather see if only one were to exist.

That is a good point. Maybe adding the Boys as alternate skins would be a waste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling   If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling Empty

Back to top Go down

If This Character Was In Crusade: Episode 1: Inkling & Octoling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1