Share | 

Why I think this game should've been made in GameMaker: Studio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taydo
Level 3 CPU

Marth
  ChristianSmash

PostSubject: Why I think this game should've been made in GameMaker: Studio   Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:00 pm

What I know is, back then, this game was developed using Game Maker 7 Pro.
And then so on, it was Game Maker 8 Pro.

And this game is still today, using Game Maker 8! You know, Game Maker 8 is pretty outdated.
I mean, game's cool and all, but, I think it would've been more necessary if the game used GameMaker: Studio (or at least GMS2).

I just don't know how the developers were able to pull that much fluid and dynamicness using Game Maker 8. I don't think it's possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Super Devon
Level 2 CPU

Rayman
  MarioSonicMan14

PostSubject: Re: Why I think this game should've been made in GameMaker: Studio   Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:08 pm

It's outdated true, but that doesn't mean they have to upgrade

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPIMW
Level 3 CPU

Jigglypuff
  Jpimw

PostSubject: Re: Why I think this game should've been made in GameMaker: Studio   Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:59 am

Even though I do agree that Game Maker 8 is outdated, I think there's a reason why they didn't use Game Maker Studio.

Also, I think they can not port it to Game Maker Studio now, rip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Why I think this game should've been made in GameMaker: Studio   Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:26 am

It's not impossible to port to studio, but as a limited team with a limited time budget, it's probably not worth it.

We have lots of custom extensions and .dll's that would need to be totally rewritten, and we'd have to to reconsider how we handle lots of assets.  The handling of loading external assets has changed a lot in Game Maker: Studio.

That's not to mention that other behaviors that changed would break compatibility with a lot of our scripts.  A lot of the code more or less abuses some aspects of GM8's GML that's different in Studio.

EDIT:
To get gameplay feeling good in Studio would be no different than in 8.  It comes down to the logic of the code and the skill of the developer. What Studio would probably enhance is potential multiplatform support, load times, and likely performance.

EDIT 2:
Btw I freaking *love* GMS2's IDE, but man that stuff is expensive lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I think this game should've been made in GameMaker: Studio   

Back to top Go down

Why I think this game should've been made in GameMaker: Studio
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1