Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you want Boy & Blob to join Crusade?
Yes
Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_left55%Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_right
 55% [ 6 ]
No
Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_left36%Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_right
 36% [ 4 ]
Should be an Assist Trophy
Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_left9%Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_right
 9% [ 1 ]
Should be an Item
Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_left0%Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (See User comment below)
Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_left0%Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Heroscott007
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Empty
PostSubject: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 1:32 am

Along with my interpretations of the Character...below is an image created by Evilwaluigi Deviant Art off of Deviant Art Threads.

Origin:A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia

Background: The planet Blobolonia is threatened by an evil emperor, and the titular "blob" flees to Earth seeking help. It crash-lands on Earth and finds the eponymous "boy". They team up in order to dethrone the evil emperor, first by completing a quest on Earth and then by traveling to Blobolonia. Along the way, minions of the Emperor attempt to stop themRead More Here

Significance:  The favorable reasons that come to mind when bringing Boy and Blob into Smash Crusade would be that they are Retro Characters from 1989.  Their moveset could be very malleable and could probably be strike interest in the design team.

Overview: Boy utilizes Blob for nearly all his attacks. Many of his attacks and specials revolve around debuffs, and leave an affix on other fighters, I.E. making them slower or heavier for a period of time, this is to signify the gelatenous nature of the blob sticking to them. Some of Blob's attacks would simply bounce the opponents back, causing no damage (similar to the bumper item). This is what makes Boy and Blob a unique combatant is that many of the moves do not actually do damage.

Moveset:

-Normals:
--Neutral Combo: Attacking with a gelatin punch  (Visual Blob jumps around Boy's fist)
--Side Tilt: Blob Kick
--Up Tilt: Blob Spike
--Down Tilt: Blob Whip
--Dash Attack: Boy throws a jelly bean and blob takes after it. Characters hit are slowed, and heavy for a period of time not damaged

-Smashes:
--Side Smash: Condensed Blob (Brick wall)
--Up Smash: Trampoline Blob (characters are flung, similar to touching a bumper, undamaged)
--Down Smash: Blob splash (push back characters)

-Aerials:
--Neutral Air: Blob Ring (forms a ring around Boy)
--Forward Air: Replica Blob (Blob forms Boy's form/Mint)
--Back Air: (Seek team help for this)
- Up Air: (Seek team help for this)
-Down Air: (Seek team help for this)

-Specials:
--Neutral Special: Blob's Jellybeans Throw out special Jelly Beans that change the consistency of Blob's attacks (Fire, Ice, Electric)  
--Side Special (Name): Blob Tendril  (Hold Down to increase blob's length)
--Down Special (Name): Blob fall (Hold down to sink into Blob, healing Boy) Characters moving past are slowed
--Up Special (Name): Blob Ladder (Hold down to make the ladder longer, Climb the Length upward after release)

-Grabs
--Pummel: Blob Bash
--Forward Throw:  Blob Bounce
--Back Throw: Blob Release
--Down Throw: Blobbed
--Up Throw: Blobs away

-Final Smash (Name): See Visual

-Taunts:
--Up Taunt: (Seek team help for this)
--Side Taunt: (Seek team help for this)
--Down Taunt: (Seek team help for this)

-Victory: (Seek team help for this)

Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Boyand10[/i]
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Ok
This is NOT where these go, they go in the unofficial characters section
There is already a Boy and Blob thread there. Put this in that thread instead of making your own
Do not use someone else's moveset in threads, especially evilwaluigi's one
Even if you didn't use every special from it, it still isn't cool to just post the image, take the ideas as inspiration, not copy it
Back to top Go down
Heroscott007
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 am

Braystar you are hounding me on everyone of my threads, this is a community and you have been less than welcoming, thank you for your concerns, I will be making each one of my spotlight threads in alphabetical order.  

Thank you for speaking for EvilWaluigi, I had contacted (Michael), before the post, It is a VISUAL.  A team would take on the project and flesh out the moves / skillsets anyways, this is to get people interested in the character or not.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 10:22 am

I've got two main problems:

Put the artwork in a spoiler, it's really tall.

Secondly: Your moveset isn't finished. It has most everything sure, but it's kinda lame when you go to look and see what they put down for something and all they have is "I got nothing, let's let the devs figure it out".

As for the actual character choice, they're just kinda obscure. All you've said is that they're old and they could have a cool moveset. That could apply to so many characters it's insane. If they were owned by Nintendo, that'd be a different story, but they aren't so really supporting this character is kinda hard for me to do.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm being critical, when your first post is "I'm making a thread for 100 characters (number probably is wrong, but you get the idea, it's a lot)", it sets off red flags, will you finish it? Will it be made well? Will they be unique and bring something new to the table? Mass producing these requests is never good, you'll get lazy, you want every aspect of the character done and not "Leave it up to the devs"
You also broke rules, not big ones, but ones that you should've looked at before making these, this should've been in the Boy and Blob thread, or at least Unofficial Characters category
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Braystar wrote:
I'm being critical, when your first post is "I'm making a thread for 100 characters (number probably is wrong, but you get the idea, it's a lot)", it sets off red flags, will you finish it? Will it be made well? Will they be unique and bring something new to the table? Mass producing these requests is never good, you'll get lazy, you want every aspect of the character done and not "Leave it up to the devs"
You also broke rules, not big ones, but ones that you should've looked at before making these, this should've been in the Boy and Blob thread, or at least Unofficial Characters category

Actually there is no Boy and Blob thread in Character discussion

But yeah this is in the wrong section, it should be under "Unofficial Characters"

I'm pretty sure only a admin or dev or something can move it sadly
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 4:06 pm

I swear there was a Boy and Blob thread
Maybe it was in the Wall of Shame
Back to top Go down
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 pm

lol
Wall of Shame is great to look at
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 am

You guys could maybe try and be a tiny bit nicer so these people don't run off
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 am

i didnt say shit, i was just admiring the wall of shame
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Sorry for trying to tell this guy the rules and my criticisms
Back to top Go down
SnippySnap
Level 2 CPU
SnippySnap

Saki

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 12:17 pm

I support this idea, I really like A Boy and His Blob, and having the main character playable in Crusade would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Oh hell yeah
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001   Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spotlight on: Boy and Blob - 001
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1