Kumatora (Mother Series)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

Kumatora (Mother Series) Empty
PostSubject: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Kumatora

Kumatora (Mother Series) Kumato11

Kumatora is a character in Mother 3. She is the only playable character and permanent member of Lucas' party who is female. She can use many powerful PSI abilities. She is a tomboy, in contrast with previous games' female party members (Paula and Ana) who were stereotypically female characters. This is most likely due to her being raised by the extremely feminine Ionia, a Magypsy.

Kumatora (Mother Series) Kumato12

Kumatora is called the princess of Osohe Castle, although she doesn't actually have any royal blood. In fact, Kumatora was only named princess by the Magypsies after they were asked to care for her by the people on board the White Ship.

True to her tomboyish nature, Kumatora is tough, to the point where she refuses to cry until the game's ending (this could be a reference to a sentence in MOTHER's commercial, saying in Japanese, "There's no crying until the end.") She is also rude, calling Wess by the term, "old geezer" and quickly commenting on Duster's bad breath . She can also be rather impulsive - while trapped in Osohe Castle, she seriously considers cutting off her leg while it was caught in a bear trap and took the Egg of Light before Wess could warn her about the traps attached to it. However, during rough situations, Kumatora does prove to be nice and caring in regards to the rest of the party, and also to others- as she went on to help Salsa escape from Fassad's abuse. She also has a resourceful streak, using her waitress disguise to remain undercover after the Pigmasks take over Nowhere Islands (though she expresses a firm distaste for them).

Why should it be in smash crusade?

he is a strong and brave character who has gained great fame, would be to be in crusade because this is a girl of special attack and away with good power; I do not agree with ashley, I think it is a rough and slow character but although he is a good character I prefer something a bit faster as kumatora

Kumatora (Mother Series) Crusad10

Move set

combo
Kumatora gives a fist (4%) and followed by a low kick that throws the opponent (6%) in total is 10% damage. Useful for keeping offsiders

side attack
Kumatora gives a punch to the front (6%) is not very effective and also has no good reach, but if connected to the combo can help

attack up
kumatora kicks up (7%) his reach is from bottom to top in front of where he looks

attack down
kumatora gives a quick spin kick that does more damage than the low kick and can also knock the opponent down (8%)

neutral air
while Kumatora is in the air gives a kick loaded with psi fire (8%)

side air
Kumatora extien both hands forward releasing energy PSI freeze is similar to ness although this only hits 4 times with a little more damage (3%)

rear air
Kumatora gives an elbow loaded with energy psi freeze is strong but not so fast (9%)

air up
Kumatora gives a blow up releasing energy PSI freeze is short alcanse but can freeze the enemy

air down
Kumatora gives a downward kick that allows him to bounce back (6%) and allows him to give a slightly weaker one (3%).

smash side
Kumatora loads a punch that releases a large force charged with energy psi freeze (20%) that can freeze

smash up
Kumatora releases an explosion of psi fire that has good reach but does not have much damage (15%)

smash down
Kumatora recharges a kick freeing energy psi freeze that can freeze (21%)

dash attack
kumatora extends her hands releasing energy PSI fire(8%)

grab
Kumatora punches while holding opponent(1%)

grab side
Kumatora throws the enemy above her and hits him with PSI fire power(7%)

grab up
Kumatora throws the enemy to the ground and is followed by a kick(10%)

grab down
kumatora hits the enemy against the ground with force(9%)

neutral special
Kumatora uses PSI freeze like ness does but it freezes (9% -11% -24%)

side special
Kumatora launches a wall nail that immobilizes the enemy for a moment (6%)

down special
Kumatora drops a running pump that follows a player and explodes (14%)

up special
Kumatora uses PSI thunder but this one explodes under her raising it, all that clash with the explosion electrocute (10%)

Final smash
Kumatora uses PSI Love this hits all the enemies on screen

TAUNT
Kumatora puts his hand on the hip and with the other generates a small ball of PSI freeze

win pose
Kumatora celebrates jumping while boney runs around her

Kumatora (Mother Series) Mother10

Kumatora is a famous character and much loved by fans, but since mother 3 has become a character forgotten by Nintendo, even his unique appearance in smash is in a sticker, not a misero trophy, so I think Kumatora deserves a post in smash crusade, please support it so that we all remember the adventures of earth bound.
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 5:22 am

support
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 3:52 pm

My problem with Kumatora's inclusion is that I think 3 EarthBound reps is enough. And if we were to get another one, then it should be someone who doesn't use PSI to change things up.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 10:44 am

support
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Support!
Back to top Go down
Ajtkg
Level 2 CPU
Ajtkg

Mega Man

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 9:23 am

Yeah sure support, SSBC do need more earthbound characters.
Back to top Go down
Ajtkg
Level 2 CPU
Ajtkg

Mega Man

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 10:11 am

Also instead of her doing PK Love how about she does PK Starstorm, Lucas knows PK Love(You'll see if you watch a gameplay of mother 3).
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Ajtkg wrote:
Also instead of her doing PK Love how about she does PK Starstorm, Lucas knows PK Love(You'll see if you watch a gameplay of mother 3).

Yes, but lucas already uses pk-starstorm, I had already thought the same, the only way is that lucas will change the smash to pk-love
Back to top Go down
Ajtkg
Level 2 CPU
Ajtkg

Mega Man

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 4:41 pm

True
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 7:17 pm

I gotta be honest here - Kumatora is a pretty poor character choice above the likes of Giygas and/or Ninten, and for that reason I would normally not support this character. However, the one huge thing this character has going for her, I think, is popularity. It's so huge in Kumatora's case that I will support simply because of it. I feel like she'd fit right in with the rest of the kooky cast and odd choices that nonetheless make Crusade so unique and beloved. Plus, she's not too outlandish a choice to just reject, I think.

Of course I'll be pretty mad if we get her before Arle though

I'm strongly against her N-Spec just being PK Freeze, though. Also, shouldn't she implement PK Ground somewhere in her moveset? It's literally her signature move.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
I gotta be honest here - Kumatora is a pretty poor character choice above the likes of Giygas and/or Ninten, and for that reason I would normally not support this character. However, the one huge thing this character has going for her, I think, is popularity. It's so huge in Kumatora's case that I will support simply because of it. I feel like she'd fit right in with the rest of the kooky cast and odd choices that nonetheless make Crusade so unique and beloved. Plus, she's not too outlandish a choice to just reject, I think.

Of course I'll be pretty mad if we get her before Arle though

I'm strongly against her N-Spec just being PK Freeze, though. Also, shouldn't she implement PK Ground somewhere in her moveset? It's literally her signature move.

if it is true of ninten and giygas, but this has something in favor, that you do not have several forms like giygas and a power that should be more than that of a boss, and it does not look too much like ness like ninten, and the other problem with the move set is lucas, lucas has too many kumatora things, even in the crusade, PK-thunder, PK-ground, PK-starstorm, these attacks should only be learned by kumatora

Anyway, I think they would make ninten a good inclusion, in terms of giygas ... it does not finish convincing me
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Giygas being more unique than any other EarthBound character and being the main villain of the series isn't convincing enough for you, yet you're convinced Ninten (pretty much the same as Ness visually and functionally) and Kumatora (basically a one-off sidekick character from a game in the series we've already represented practically twice as opposed to zero times for Beginnings) deserve a spot above him? Hm. Interesting.

Also, for the record, Giygas (or Giegue) as he appears in EarthBound Beginnings has just one distinctive, easily represented form.
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 8:22 pm

cant we just get a giygas pallet for mewtwo and call it a day?
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Maybe after we get a Ninten palette for Ness.
...Actually Ness's default palette is already that, nvm
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 2:45 pm

^
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 pm

I honestly feel that any additional Mother characters besides Ness, Lucas, and Porky would be unnecessary.

This character doesnt seem to offer much to Crusade other than extending the representatives for 1out of 3 Mother games. She is mainly famous cause she is from the other Mother game that is yet to be officially played on an international level, in which it is Lucas who is the protagonist and already featured in Crusade.

Why her over let's say a more popular Mother 3 character like Masked Man (a more popular character). Maybe, the protagonist from the first Mother game yet represented like Ninten? Or even the true villain Gygas or however you spell his name?
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Well, yeah, I mean, if we can get just one more extra Mother character I'd vote for Giygas before anyone else by a mile. When you think about it no one else really makes sense. Assuming we could get more than just him though, I'd vote for Kumatora too, hence my decision.

I will say that having either Kumatora or the Masked Man over Giygas, however, would be utterly nonsensical.
I dunno if there's a Giygas thread already, though...
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:07 pm

There's a Giygas stage request
Which seems more fitting tbh
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 2:38 am

Yea, this is why I said other than the 3 existing Mother characters that the rest are not needed. Giygas would be difficult to make playable, imo, but possible. He would be fitting as a stage though. Everyone else would pretty much be nothing significant than an add on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kumatora (Mother Series)   Kumatora (Mother Series) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kumatora (Mother Series)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1