Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptyThu May 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQLVue3FgwI8rC3IoCQAiGGVaq5TM7w1DSnTN205G4Jm8mp5-v
Don Paolo is the self proclaimed nemesis of Professor Layton and is the main antagonist for the first three games. His cunning is only matched with his hatred for Layton due to the latter taking his love from him. And he will do almost anything to exact revenge on the professor. One of his favorite tricks to get closer to revenge is impersonating people close to Layton or his cases, and he can even change his height to do so, somehow. He also is smart enough to make flying contraptions and even give a car the gift of flight. There have been many villains who have crossed paths with the professor, but Don Paolo might be the most dangerous

Moves
Grounded moves-

Jab:Throws two rage filled punches forward and then kicks forward with all his might. The first 2 attacks are quick, but the kick has a bit of endlag

Forward tilt:The first punch of his jab

Up tilt:{Taken from the flashback clip from Unwound Future} Don Paolo's hair spikes up and then returns to its regular shape for a two hit attack. The tip of the first attack is the sweetspot, but doesn't combo into the second hit

Down tilt:Don Paolo cocks his leg  back then bolts it forward

Dash attack:{Taken from the flashback clip from Unwound Future} basically his running animation but it does damage and he slows down to a halt

Smashes-
Up:Don Paolo's hair spikes upward

Side:Don Paolo impersonates Inspector Chelmey and sends Barton forward, only for Barton to trip and fall

Down:{From The Unwound Future}Don Paolo presses a button which calls the helicopter thing from Unwound Future (mobile fortress part) which flys past Paolo. Said mechanical marvel has a limited distance it can go before it loses its hitbox

Aerials-
Neutral:Don Paolo's hair straightens out horizontally

Forward:Don Paolo does a weak punch forward. Can combo into itself or other moves

Backward:Don Paolo does a weak kick backward. Can combo into itself or other moves

Up:Same as his up tilt without the sweetspot

Down:Does 4 alternating kicks downward before doing a dual kick ala D-air Falcon

Specials-
Neutral:~Lock him up!~{From The Curious Village} Don Paolo impersonates Inspector Chelmey and calls two officers to grab someone. If the move successes, the target will be stunned due to them being held by the officers. It has the same startup lag as the Falcon Punch

Side:~Mysterious mist~{From The Diabolical Box}Don Paolo momentarily opens the Elysian Box letting some of the mist float infront of him which stays for 2 seconds. If anyone including Don Paolo walks into it, a random effect will activate which include. Temporary super armor, temporary slow health regen, temporary faster attacks, and temporary stronger attacks.

Up:~Mechanized umbrella~{From The Eternal Diva} Don Paolo takes a umbrella and rises a average amount before gliding to the ground

Down:~I'm not the Professor~{From The Unwound Future (Towering Pagoda)}Don Paolo impersonates Layton for a moment. If he is attacked during this time, he will move away from the attack and remove his hat revealing his hair. Said hair launches the target and since this is a counter, it multiplies the attack power of the original move by 1.15%

Final Smash:~LAYTON!~{Taken from his last appearance from Curious Village} Don Paolo jumps into the flying contraption and starts flying around. When a attack button is pressed, Don Paolo will fire the ball and chain mechanism.

Grabs and stuff
Pummel:heelstomps quickly

Throws-
Forward:tosses the opponent forward with two hands
Backward:Kicks the opponent backwards
Up:Struggles to throw the opponent upward. doesn't have much knockback, so it can be used for combos
Down:Slams the opponent into the ground

Taunts-
Up:Holds his chin while chuckling
Neutral:Puts on a mask and then takes it off quickly
Down:Holds his chin while thinking (of new ways to exact revenge)

Something to note is that all his physical moves will be somewhat weak due to Don Paolo not being that adept at fighting

I would like Don Paolo to join since he would add on to the villain count ingame and would be a fun character to play as. Plus, if Layton ever joined, Paolo should be in too

Last edited by Hit1 on Fri May 26, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : It was missing information)
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptyThu May 25, 2017 4:12 pm

I will add the moveset soon
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptyThu May 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Mate, you NEED the moveset 99% done before even trying to create a character suggestion.
Try again, you can't use "I'll add it later!"
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptyFri May 26, 2017 8:26 am

From the 'Rules & Characters With Existing Threads (PLEASE READ BEFORE CREATING A TOPIC!!!)' thread.

"Please attempt to add a semi-lengthy amount of text to your topic. Include details such as the character's history and why they should be included."

Moved to the Wall of Shame.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptyFri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm

I have the moveset, but I couldn't post it due to personal things. Mainly computer sharing
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptySat May 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Hit1 wrote:
I have the moveset, but I couldn't post it due to personal things. Mainly computer sharing

Excellent. Thread moved back to its original position.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptySat May 27, 2017 1:21 pm

I expect there would be responses saying: "Why him over Layton?"

So here's what I say, the original uploader is probably suggesting him as a second rep if Professor Layton is confirmed as an actual character of the game.

To me, the real question is the Layton series really deserving to have 2 reps?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptySun May 28, 2017 12:00 pm

VultureDuck wrote:

So here's what I say, the original uploader is probably suggesting him as a second rep if Professor Layton is confirmed as an actual character of the game.

No
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptySun May 28, 2017 1:12 pm

not even 1 imo
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion EmptySun May 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Nix~ wrote:
not even 1 imo

Please explain why you believe the Professor Layton  series deserves no reps when characters like Mach Rider are in the game

VultureDuck wrote:

I wouldn't dream of having anyone from the Professor Layton series before Layton himself. And I believe it needs two, but thats up to the Crusade team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion   Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Don Paolo (Professor Layton) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1