View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan Empty
PostSubject: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm

I don't have to explain to you what Mortal Kombat is, do I? Everyone and their great grandmother's pet goldfish should know what Mortal Kombat is at this point, and if you don't, there's this thing called "Google." Alright, now that that's out of the way, time to do the rest of the stuff I am obligated to do in a character request thread but will probably half-ass due to my short attention span. Very Happy

About the character: Johnny Cage is an actor in the Mortal Kombat universe who got involved in Shang Tsung's original tournament by pure chance, thus becoming one of the main protectors or Earthrealm against invading forces in order to prevent Armageddon. Although, I don't know why you'd want to prevent that, I mean, Armageddon was a pretty good game. *ba dum tss* Anyway, I won't be physically describing Cage's appearance because I have a video to go along with the moveset to help explain the moveset and stuff. The last thing I need to mention about Cage is the Shadow Energy, which allows him to throw forceballs (basically green fireballs), create a stunt double clone for himself, and do his signature shadow kick.

Why he should be in crusade: If Mortal Kombat characters are ever added into crusade, which I'm willing to bet the entire net worth of Ed Boon and Netherrealm Studios that they are, I feel like there needs to be more ideas for representatives than just Scorpion and Sub-Zero. And yes, if this thread is received well, I plan on making more threads on Mortal Kombat Characters, like Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Jax, etc.

Why did I split this into two variations? Because why not.

Video recorded by me, explaining the moveset

(Please refer to above video for info on any of the moves)
Shared Characteristics:
Taunt: Round Victory Animation
Speed: >Falcon
Grapple: Same grapple from the game
Up Tilt: Uppercut
Side Tilt: Weak Punch
Dash: Stunning Knee (or whatever the f*ck it's called)
Aerials: Please refer to video as I have no idea what the f*ck the moves are called
Block: Classic Mortal Kombat Block
Victory Animation: No Fatality Performed Victory Animation
Losing Animation: Cage Hangs his head in shame, clapping as paparazzi surround him.

A-List Variation:
CSPs:
Spoiler:
Jab: Either Fatal Strike Combo or Stand In Combo
D-Tilt: Trip
F-Smash: Strong Palm
D-Smash: Nut Kracker
U-Smash: Flip Kick
N-Special: Forceball
S-Special: Flashy Shadow Kick
D-Special: Double Forceball
U-Special: Ultra Flip kick
Final Smash: Kasting Kall (his X-ray move, I explained it in the video)

Stunt Double Variation:
CSPs:
Spoiler:
Jab: Stand-In Combo
D-Tilt: Ground Kick
S-Smash: In the video
U-Smash: Something in the video I don't quite remember
D-Smash Weaker Nut Kracker
N-Special: Straight Forceball
U-Special(Ground): Rising Shadow (Stunt Double)
U-Special(Air): Rising Shadow (Cage)
D-Special: I think it's the Big Name Combo, but I don't remember, check the video
S-Special: Flashy Shadow Kick (Stunt Double)
Final Smash: Decapitating Uppercut (His Klassic Fatality, I explain how it would work in Crusade in the video)

Yeah, I actually put effort in to this, my apologies if I wasn't paying attention to the combo names or if I couldn't specifically name a move, but then again, that's why I recorded a video, haha. Also, it's 3/9 when I type this, so, Happy Birthday Braystar.

Last edited by Snipes88 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 pm

inb4 somebody says "it's not Scorpion"
Back to top Go down
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 6:48 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
inb4 somebody says "it's not Scorpion"
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 3:46 am

I don't know why you didn't say that on the birthday thread, but thanks anyway
It goes without saying Scorpion and Sub-Zero should be in before Johnny
Just had to say that
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 6:23 am

Telling your readers to Google the series you feel deserve representation is not an ideal intro to a suggestion you are trying by I make. Just saying. Tell us why we should have an MK rep, even if its obvious how popular it is. There are those who are not familiar with it or might be bias against it, in which you may further convince them.

The move set is good and all, however I find it not soo convincing to add Johnny Cage before Scorpion or even Sub-Zero. Probably as a third choice if we ever have more than 2 reps, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 3:25 pm

If there was a third MK rep, I think it should be Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 6:27 pm

SnivyKawaii wrote:

Probably Zhao Khan IMO. Adding a villain as a third choice does give it more diversity in the role of the MK characters
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 12:40 am

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IT'S SMASH KING
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 12:46 am

Braystar wrote:
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IT'S SMASH KING

you don't say
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 am

Smash King wrote:
SnivyKawaii wrote:

Probably Zhao Khan IMO. Adding a villain as a third choice does give it more diversity in the role of the MK characters
I agree
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan   Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat) Discussion: Didn't Know You Were Such A Fan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1