HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Rivals of Crusade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:06 am

If one character from the 8 great rivals from Rivals of Aether could be in Crusade, who would you want it to be?

I would like Orcane simply because he is the mascot and he is lots of fun to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJydZsfM3v8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1533

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:53 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t4327-orcane-rivals-of-aether-discussion?highlight=orcane

Most people don't want one

Wow... most devs at Crusade hate everything. Someone said that Orcane shouldn't be playable because "there are so many better reps to choose from"Facepalm . SO WHAT? Characters should be chosen based on popular demand and their unique moveset. Also, "better" is an opinion. I think that Orcane would be the best character in Crusade if he was added. Heck, one time, a discussion was taken down because some dev didn't like how people were arguing(even if the whole intension of making the discussion was to have conversation)... or at least that is how I interpreted it(http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t4946p30-a-new-super-smash-bros-fan-game).

So you know what: To avoid all this bull that some people(mostly devs) here give us poor people, we should put the following text in the top of our discussions(if you agree with me, of course):

Note: I am looking for a nice, interesting, discussion. Please don't comment if you feel like you have a higher position than anyone or you aren't looking for a conversation. Also, please be respectful toward any opinions.

EDIT: I added "you aren't looking for a conversation" because the first comment that Mellon recieved was hurtful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1533

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm

I think that thread got like 2 (3 including you) supporters. Usually when this happens, there are better characters to make elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:56 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I think that thread got like 2 (3 including you) supporters. Usually when this happens, there are better characters to make elsewhere.

Yeah, all the people who are willing to defend Orcane. Some people want to avoid conversation and vote anonymously. More people could have liked Orcane. Heck, most of the community(except devs and some others) could have liked Orcane! We should set a vote to see how many people want a character, not say that there are "better" characters with no evidence. Honestly, that is just rude. To avoid disrespect, point out the specific group of people who agree with you and explain yourselves, developers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1533

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:07 pm

But it's their opinion that there are "better characters." They may have said in a way that comes off as rude, but if there are only 3 people defending it, it's probably not worth the Dev Team's time. You can go support the thread, no one's stopping you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:11 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
But it's their opinion that there are "better characters." They may have said in a way that comes off as rude, but if there are only 3 people defending it, it's probably not worth the Dev Team's time. You can go support the thread, no one's stopping you.

So respect doesn't matter if few people are involved? Huh.... Okay then. That is sad. Sad

I'm just implying that the dev team should be a little bit more respectful(along with some others in the community). That is it. It would be a shame if you disagreed, but okay anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  600
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Yeah... I myself wouldn't mind him, but I'm not gonna "carry a banner" so to speak.

Heck, I'm still surprised that Lilac got as many supporters as she did early on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:17 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
Yeah... I myself wouldn't mind him, but I'm not gonna "carry a banner" so to speak.

Heck, I'm still surprised that Lilac got as many supporters as she did early on

Totally agree with you on Orcane. However, I would run around with a banner for Terry Bogard to be playable(After we get SSB4 Pac-Man)!


O-K!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Mario
  1069
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Only reason Orcane was even a suggestion was because RoA is a Smash clone (Not in the bad way, lower your pitchforks)
Should a Brawlout character be in Crusade because it's a Smash clone?
Also, this is the internet, a hostile place filled with anonymity. Respect isn't a given, and you can't say people aren't respectful if they disagree with you.
Don't try to pick a fight with the devs, and your fan game thread was locked because you tried to dodge all criticism and try to belittle those who did (I saw the jester emoji for "Y'all"). As Dust said, and I quote: "Come back when you have a game to show off and don't want to fight with people giving you criticism".
EDIT: Also, don't use 'opinion' to stop any or all criticism/hate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Random
  226
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 pm

I do want to see a character with a similar moveset to Orcane, because I think it's one of the most original moveset ideas out there.

That being said, their criticism is right. RoA doesn't fit the profile of games that are meant to be represented in Crusade. It's young, has a small following, and it's also a Smash fangame. It wouldn't feel right, and there is no precedent for it.

It's pretty obvious it was shot down, and not by the devs alone. The devs do give respect where it is due. However, a suggestion that is only backed by 3 people out of this entire community is not worth their time. That means it's not a good idea. That's how democracy works. You're intentionally deflecting blame to try to keep your own ideas afloat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:21 am

Braystar wrote:
Only reason Orcane was even a suggestion was because RoA is a Smash clone (Not in the bad way, lower your pitchforks)
Should a Brawlout character be in Crusade because it's a Smash clone?
Also, this is the internet, a hostile place filled with anonymity. Respect isn't a given, and you can't say people aren't respectful if they disagree with you.
Don't try to pick a fight with the devs, and your fan game thread was locked because you tried to dodge all criticism and try to belittle those who did (I saw the jester emoji for "Y'all"). As Dust said, and I quote: "Come back when you have a game to show off and don't want to fight with people giving you criticism".
EDIT: Also, don't use 'opinion' to stop any or all criticism/hate.

I respect disagreement, I just don't like it when people don't explain themselves and just state their opinions without backing it up.

Also, I was just sharing some opposing opinions in my old discussion to share possibilities of why certain fixes can't be fixed. That was it. I did make a lot of changes based on some of the criticism... I guess my behavior came off as a person dodging criticism because I didn't tell everyone what I was getting from these conversations. So, my bad on that part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 am

Nix~ wrote:
I do want to see a character with a similar moveset to Orcane, because I think it's one of the most original moveset ideas out there.

That being said, their criticism is right. RoA doesn't fit the profile of games that are meant to be represented in Crusade. It's young, has a small following, and it's also a Smash fangame. It wouldn't feel right, and there is no precedent for it.

It's pretty obvious it was shot down, and not by the devs alone. The devs do give respect where it is due. However, a suggestion that is only backed by 3 people out of this entire community is not worth their time. That means it's not a good idea. That's how democracy works. You're intentionally deflecting blame to try to keep your own ideas afloat.

Once again, the people backing up Orcane are the only people who were willing to "fight". There might be more people who like Orcane, just keep that in mind.

Also, personally, I really don't care about a game's rep. I just care about the moveset a character brings to the table. There backstory doesn't matter to much to me. But if it matters a lot to most people in Crusade, it is okay! I'm just giving a suggestion and I just wanted reasons to why our idea was shot down. I'm just angry because a dev didn't show respect to the Orcane fans.

I just wanted them to be clear. That was it. Clap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1533

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:20 pm

People tend to forget one of the most common and important things about opinions: It is possible to just not like something, even if there is no reason behind it.

I also summarized what everyone has said about Orcane (because I have nothing else better to do apparently)
Nohrian Sadist - Didn't like the idea one bit.
Lego Shaq - Too young (Not very important) Moveset is already made, so it'd be something we've already seen
Roy - Other better indie characters. From another Smash fangame (I wouldn't think they'd mind)
Mellon - Release date doesn't matter (True) Represents competitive scene (Wouldn't Fox, Falco, Marth, etc. already do that?
Perfect Hell - Better indie reps
TaXMaN - Better indie reps
Kzinssie - First supporter
JaegerKreig - Nope
AmareTSM - Second supporter. Made good points
30% support rate if Freefork is included. This doesn't include people that made no comment on Orcane whatsoever.

Personlly, I just think there are better reps in general out there. I wanna see K. Rool, Dedede and Arle, big name characters that have appeared on Nintendo consoles.

and the Square from Adventure because it's too good of an idea to not do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuckSynth
Level 1 CPU
avatar

  Toad
  6
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:13 pm

I'll say that a RoA rep isn't the best way to go for reasons already mentioned, but for the sake of discussion I'll answer OP

I think Absa would make for a kickass character and she'd fill the painful lack of Zelda in this game

seriously I just want to lightning kick people around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  44
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:19 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
People tend to forget one of the most common and important things about opinions: It is possible to just not like something, even if there is no reason behind it.

I also summarized what everyone has said about Orcane (because I have nothing else better to do apparently)
Nohrian Sadist - Didn't like the idea one bit.
Lego Shaq - Too young (Not very important) Moveset is already made, so it'd be something we've already seen
Roy - Other better indie characters. From another Smash fangame (I wouldn't think they'd mind)
Mellon - Release date doesn't matter (True) Represents competitive scene (Wouldn't Fox, Falco, Marth, etc. already do that?
Perfect Hell - Better indie reps
TaXMaN - Better indie reps
Kzinssie - First supporter
JaegerKreig - Nope
AmareTSM - Second supporter. Made good points
30% support rate if Freefork is included. This doesn't include people that made no comment on Orcane whatsoever.

Personlly, I just think there are better reps in general out there. I wanna see K. Rool, Dedede and Arle, big name characters that have appeared on Nintendo consoles.

and the Square from Adventure because it's too good of an idea to not do.

Thanks man for summarizing the entire list for us. I also want to see K. Rool, too! I just personally hate when people just bluntly say things without any seeming reason. I just hope this conversation encourages others to explain themselves. Thanks for your input in this conversation. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rivals of Crusade   

Back to top Go down
 
Rivals of Crusade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» [NEWS] BoLS release their Macharian Crusade suppliment
» Witch Hunters Mod for Dark Crusade
» Rules For Trans Tasman Rivals
» Using a controller to play Crusade
» Legion Crusade Army List book

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum