PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:46 pm

oh.good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:03 am

If you're manually coloring it in it takes a bunch of time.

There is, however, something else you can try.

Go to the layer with the lineart. Select the inside of the area you want. Then, expand the selection ~2 pixels (in most art programs this is in select -> expand selection (or refine edge.)) Then, go to the layer below your lineart and use the fill bucket or a large size brush. Hope this helped, I don't know the specifics of how to do that in Paint.NET, but it's the method I use in both photoshop and clip sudio to do flat colors in lineart.

OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:17 am

Alexander wrote:
If you're manually coloring it in it takes a bunch of time.

There is, however, something else you can try.

Go to the layer with the lineart.  Select the inside of the area you want.  Then, expand the selection ~2 pixels (in most art programs this is in select -> expand selection (or refine edge.))  Then, go to the layer below your lineart and use the fill bucket or a large size brush.   Hope this helped, I don't know the specifics of how to do that in Paint.NET, but it's the method I use in both photoshop and clip sudio to do flat colors in lineart.

I've just used the magic wand tool to select the white, and then colored it in. Sometimes you need to color it in a bit more so the outline doesn't look atrocious. Otherwise, it doesn't take very long, it's just the more detailed characters that do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazybark
Level 3 CPU

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:52 pm

you could try shift ctrl alt left click with the magicwand to select all the white on the page at once
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:47 pm

crazybark wrote:
you could try shift ctrl alt left click with the magicwand to select all the white on the page at once

Does it also get the dark grey around outlines?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazybark
Level 3 CPU

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm

if you turn the brightness all the way down and the contrast all the way up , then yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:04 pm

crazybark wrote:
if you turn the brightness all the way down and the contrast all the way up , then yes

Well, my ways working anyway, and I've only a got a few left to go. Appreciate the help though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazybark
Level 3 CPU

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:19 pm

no, prob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm

I just wanted to give an update on what's going on with this request thing.
First off, I will finish all of the requests that I have yet to fulfill. I will also finish coloring the rest of the drawings I have done so far.
Second: I want to do something kind of different from here on out.
When starting this project, I had the idea to eventually make a Smash Bros. roster when I got enough characters. You may kinda of see this with the two rules I had. In short, I might change this entire "request a character for me to draw" to "request a character for me to add."

Before starting this though, I want to hear what you guys think. Should I just keep doing how I was before or should I start making a Smash Bros. cast? Should I make it so I go through one request at a time, or see what's popular? I'm not quite sure, but any character I think would be fitting that I have drawn already would be put into the starting roster.

I also want to hear from Sliss or Dust or someone to see if I should open a new thread or keep it in this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slissith

Bowser
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 am

Hey there Steve.

Although a new thread contaning just the roster wouldn't be against the rules, I think it'd be more tidy if you kept the roster here, especially since the characters in it will be drawn in this thread anyway (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Slissith wrote:
Hey there Steve.

Although a new thread contaning just the roster wouldn't be against the rules, I think it'd be more tidy if you kept the roster here, especially since the characters in it will be drawn in this thread anyway (correct me if I'm wrong).

Alright, for the sake of being tidy, I'll keep it in here because a large amount of characters I've already drawn are going to be in here.
Thanks for letting me know.

UPDATE: Everything has been colored. I'll finish the remaining requests tomorrow (hopefully).

UPDATE 2: Dust has been drawn and colored. Galvis and Reimu will finished soon.
Now on to the Roster thing. I've decided that I will decide who goes on the roster in whatever order I choose, but I definitely will be listening to requests at the same time. The starting roster will have the Smash 64 crew, alongside some other guys. It'll be a short while before the starting roster is done (mostly because I need to draw the characters in it and design the actual roster itself). After that though, I'll try to do two characters every day (Exceptions can occur, like if homework takes too long or if I'm not at home).

But yeah, Galvis and Reimu first, then the Roster.

UPDATE 3: Okay, I'm caught back up in School, so I finally drew Reimu. In order to make it easier for myself, all of these will just be on my DeviantArt and I'll put up a link to there in the OP. It'll be easier to just put up a link once, instead of just linking them over and over again.

I've decided that the roster will start with four characters (tomorrow) and will gain two characters everyday. I am looking forward to doing this, it was just hard to find the time to do it as of late. Hopefully starting this thing (tomorrow) will motivate me a bit too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 am

I wasn't going to request because I want others to have a chance, but after a new days of nothing...

Aggron (Pokemon) & Undyne (Undertale)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 pm

VultureDuck wrote:
I wasn't going to request because I want others to have a chance, but after a new days of nothing...

Aggron (Pokemon) & Undyne (Undertale)

I don't know if I'll do anymore straight up requests, but I might because I'm lazy and the roster hasn't even started yet.

So you guys can request more stuff if you want. The roster thing might be smaller if I end up doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request Art for Steve   

Back to top Go down

Request Art for Steve
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2