Crusade Technology

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology EmptyWed Nov 23, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks to our dev team overlords, wavedashing is in crusade. However, a new tech was discovered, called DoubleDashing (Thank the Nohrian Sadist for the name). Doubledashing is done by Wavedashing into Dash into Upsmash, Uptilt, Grab, Taunt, or Special. Basically, it works by adding the dash momentum to the wavedash momentum and then keeping the momentum with a move. Using DD can often more than double the wavedash length.

I labbed the wavedash and doubledash lengths of all the characters in crusade. Measurements were done in units of Tetris Floor Blocks, from the right side of Tetris. I rolled into the edge to be at the absolute end. For comparison, half of FD is about 8 Tetris Blocks. First number is wavedash, second is doubledash.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Another tech in Crusade is known as SSC, or Shield Stun Canceling. It's incredibly easy to pull off, and greatly improves the gameplay of v0.9.0, as one of the version's biggest probelms is the high amount of shield stun. To perform a SSC, simply press down while in shield stun. If done too early or too late, you will perform a spotdodge, which can be punished. But if done perfectly, it allows for incredibly fast punishes.

SSC allows you to follow up with options that normally wouldn't be as good OOS options, like shine or rest. It is also the fastest way to land a grab after being hit on shield.

Last edited by Nix~ on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 11:12 am

I really hope these two new tech are in 9.1
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 11:38 am

I'm pretty sure it is possible to pull of a doubledash by wavedashing and then rapidly pressing the shield button while holding the directional key you used to perform the wavedash.
Back to top Go down
LateOne
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 am

Another tech in Crusade is Slow Dashing; with specific characters, holding down on the C-Stick while running causes the character to slow to a speed that's actually slower than their walk, which mostly functions as a mix-up option due to not being able to dash attack, but being able to perform a down smash if the direction is released.
It can be performed by Pac-Man, Mewtwo, Goku, Little Mac, the Ice Climbers, Weegee, Bowser, Yoshi, Lucario, Tingle, Olimar, Saki, ROB, Duck Hunt Dog, Tails, and Mega Man.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 7:45 pm

This tech does indeed belong here, but has been already discovered. The full details can be found here: https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t4088-chaoswalking-a-new-tech-sorta

Funnily enough pressing the walk button while doing this makes you go faster.
Back to top Go down
LateOne
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Interesting. Chaos Walking is pretty much the same thing, but the only difference is that instead of holding the c-stick down and running, you hold down on the d-pad and press the c-stick in either direction. Chaos Walking allows you to moonwalk though, so it's better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crusade Technology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Technology   Crusade Technology Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusade Technology
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1