Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SmashingPokeKirby64
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Nah, not bad. I think Tails (The character my Smash Crusade game will be) needs more apprecciation, so gg
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 am

People keep telling me Tails is good. I'd be happy if someone proved it to me Wink
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 7:47 am

Hey Nix~, with 9.1 seemingly on the horizon and with all the dev blogs and streams, do you see any characters moving up or down tiers?

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 9:28 pm

One thing is for sure. Shantae is going to move some characters down a tier
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm

King Proto wrote:
Hey Nix~, with 9.1 seemingly on the horizon and with all the dev blogs and streams, do you see any characters moving up or down tiers?

Just curious.

The biggest change right now in the dev build that would have a huge effect on the current meta is the knockback nerf. Apparently this was a coding mistake, but if it stays in, then the meta would shift away from characters that depend on kill moves (Fox, Falcon) and towards characters that gimp offstage with spikes (Falco, Marth).

Falco will definitely rise because he's getting melee shine and losing landing lag on his lasers.

Lucas won't be played the same way at all because his kill power was already nerfed before the general changes.

Saki will fall a bit due to the added lag to his smashes.

Marth and Fox are getting a few cuts to their ridiculous 9.0 stuff. Marth can't snap to ledge with up b (No one can) and uthrow no longer kills at 90%. Fox's shine is getting a bit of lag on the end to multishining is much, much slower. They'll still be great characters, but less so than 9.0

Peach is the only one without significant changes, so I think she'll be the best overall.

A few other thoughts on the lower tiers:

Shadow will rise a few tiers. He needed that recovery buff.
Klonoa will be a dark horse contender for High tier
Classic Link will be much better than Hidden Skills Link
Doc might be as good as Mario, but it doesn't look like his moves chain as well.
Ryu gets an upgrade to his down special. His chains are going to be even nastier, maybe broken level.
Hopefully Chun Li becomes top tier, like I always wanted.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 6:17 am

Nix~ wrote:
King Proto wrote:

Just curious.

The biggest change right now in the dev build that would have a huge effect on the current meta is the knockback nerf. Apparently this was a coding mistake, but if it stays in, then the meta would shift away from characters that depend on kill moves (Fox, Falcon) and towards characters that gimp offstage with spikes (Falco, Marth).

Falco will definitely rise because he's getting melee shine and losing landing lag on his lasers.

Lucas won't be played the same way at all because his kill power was already nerfed before the general changes.

Saki will fall a bit due to the added lag to his smashes.

Marth and Fox are getting a few cuts to their ridiculous 9.0 stuff. Marth can't snap to ledge with up b (No one can) and uthrow no longer kills at 90%. Fox's shine is getting a bit of lag on the end to multishining is much, much slower. They'll still be great characters, but less so than 9.0

Peach is the only one without significant changes, so I think she'll be the best overall.

A few other thoughts on the lower tiers:

Shadow will rise a few tiers. He needed that recovery buff.
Klonoa will be a dark horse contender for High tier
Classic Link will be much better than Hidden Skills Link
Doc might be as good as Mario, but it doesn't look like his moves chain as well.
Ryu gets an upgrade to his down special. His chains are going to be even nastier, maybe broken level.
Hopefully Chun Li becomes top tier, like I always wanted.
Interesting! I had no idea about the whole knockback nerf. What's your opinion on characters like Goku or Phoenix? Also is that up b snap thing intentional?
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 7:42 am

Yes, the up b snap is intentional. Many instant snap recoveries now have to be sweetspotted, while others that couldn't snap at all in 9.0 now can in 9.1 (Fox, Klonoa)

I honestly have no idea how phoenix will play. His new playstyle honestly seems like it would run out of evidence very quickly to me. If they make his zoning ability better and reduce his lag, then maybe he could be good.

Goku is much better in 9.1. I've heard that his combos run much more smoothly and he is more fun to play. He used to just have a bunch of bad moves and a bunch of spammable moves, and now they work together more. Ki Blast, especially, is going to be a huge boost.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am

Thats actually pretty neat, as players have to be more aware of how they get back on stage instead of just going in the general direction of the ledge.

Phoenix does look like his evidence would run out too quickly in the heat of battle, seeing as crusade is more of a fast paced smash game. Then again the game isn't released yet so well have to see.

Glad that Goku is better this time around. His moves are kinda janky in the current build.

Actually Nix~, do you think you could give your general opinion on some more characters? I know that 9.1 isn't out yet so you don't have to if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Sure, I'll talk.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 am

Ok cool!

So I was wondering about Luigi, Bomberman, Megaman, Knuckles, Ness, Yoshi, Pac-Man, Ristar, Sonic, Bowser, Snake, and Tingle.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:27 am

Wow, that's a lot. If I can't finish it now, I'll come back to it later.

Luigi: Wavedash. He can just sit on the other side of the stage and wait for you to make a mistake, then rush in with a large move (Utilt, Usmash, Dsmash, Ftilt) to start off a chain. Nair is a good combo breaker, and his grab game is awesome. A few problems: he's a bit laggy and floaty in the air, so his combos are pretty slow. He does give a lot of hitstun, but sometimes it's not enough. His recovery is also a bit predictable, if far-reaching

Bomberman: The current meta for bbm is just to spam neutral b and down b as much as possible, mainly because no one takes him seriously. His specials are really good though, and once the opponent is offstage they really shouldn't be able to get back. Up b is a great kill move, especially since the glide can be cancelled. His aerial and ground kit is also decent enough to carry him through when the enemy is near, but don't rely on it.

Megaman: A rollercoaster of a moveset. He has a throw that does 29% (???). His Bair does 3%. Dair is a very good meteor and jab is probably his best move. He can also kill off the top with uair at 0% on certain stages. If you play Megaman, you will break the game. In fact, MM mains rely on breaking the game to win. Other than that, he's pretty bad. most moves have lag and don't lead into each other. It's just a collection of moves that don't do anything with each other.

Knuckles: Very underplayed. IMO the best of the sonic characters. His spindash confirms are much better, because uair when sweetspotted kills very early. Not to mention he has very strong moves anyway and a glitch that gives anyone an instant 200%. He does have trouble recovering and is very short ranged. Any faster character could take advantage of that.

Ness: Too good. He has so many options for mixups. No joke, all his moves are good. Every single one (except maybe down b). You can do some aerial strings into a kill with uair or dair. You could hit a PK Fire and do some grab combos. Dash Atk especially has broken range. Not to mention his bthrow kills at like 90%. Of course, he has the usual recovery problems, but everything else is pristine.

Yoshi: Not only is Yoshi underplayed in crusade, he's underplayed in all of smash. In crusade, he has a very capable set of ground moves that can either keep the opponent away (Jab, Ftilt, Dtilt) or start a combo (Utilt). Nair is an all-purpose good move, and Uair into Uair is a good kill option, since Yoshi's jump height is great and he has super armor. Yoshi has a bad recovery, but Side B actually has a little hop at the beginning, so Yoshi actually has a good chance of recovery from anywhere that isn't below the stage.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 am

Huh that's very useful info thanks Nix~!
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 am

placeholder for when I have time (I just moved into college)
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Congrats Nix~ I hope you like it and succeed!
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Added final version for 9.0. Have fun in 9.1, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 11:18 pm

And with that Krystal is now B tier (thanks to me)
also Ryu is a force to be reckon with he can mess you up with his crazy focus/normal cancel combos
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 am

cant wait for it to all be thrown out the window come november first
Back to top Go down
DiamondJoyride
Level 2 CPU
DiamondJoyride

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 11:18 am

This entire thread has made me realize my Tier List is beyond garbage.
Back to top Go down
Ninten DS™
Level 1 CPU
Ninten DS™

Porky

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 3:41 pm

There's some things I'd like to comment here:

-I understand Weegee being F tier, since he has weird attacks, resulting in some having weird hitboxes(from my point of view, since he was my main).

-The D tier seems okay to me, except for Waluigi and Toad. Since I also play them, from my point of view they don't have anything weird and so they have good potential, so it kinda confuses me for them to be there.

-It surprises me the big difference between Tingle and Rayman, the thing I want to point out here is that Tingle doesn't have some nice specials, but some of his aerials and other moves are very good.
In the other side, Rayman has a P O W E R F U L, but P O W E R F U L down-b, but some moves are a bit hard to control unless you're experienced.

[Remember this is only my point of view, I'm definetely not sure this is right]
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:15 am

Ninten DS wrote:
There's some things I'd like to comment here:

-I understand Weegee being F tier, since he has weird attacks, resulting in some having weird hitboxes(from my point of view, since he was my main).

-The D tier seems okay to me, except for Waluigi and Toad. Since I also play them, from my point of view they don't have anything weird and so they have good potential, so it kinda confuses me for them to be there.

-It surprises me the big difference between Tingle and Rayman, the thing I want to point out here is that Tingle doesn't have some nice specials, but some of his aerials and other moves are very good.
In the other side, Rayman has a  P O W E R F U L, but  P O W E R F U L  down-b, but some moves are a bit hard to control unless you're experienced.

[Remember this is only my point of view, I'm definetely not sure this is right]

meh, 9.1's out now onward to better more thought out teir lists
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version   Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Complete 9.0 Tier List: Final Version
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2