Go down 
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

New Alternate for Link! Empty
PostNew Alternate for Link!

Link's Hidden Skills Unleashed!

New Alternate for Link! XDAu7LQ

In v0.9.0, Link has an unusual side special that may throw console players off by limiting the use of one of his most important tools: the boomerang.

In v0.9.1, Link will no longer perform hidden skills with any version of side special.  Instead, Hidden Skills Link is its own alternate playstyle featuring a new suite of special moves!

New Alternate for Link! E5u2YM3

New Alternate for Link! E9psLxZ

In the Hidden Skills alternate, Link no longer shoots an arrow with his neutral special.  Instead, he will perform Shield Attack and Helm Splitter!

On the ground, pressing B results in shield attack.  It is a quick attack that deals massive shield damage, but with very low range.  It is primarily used to open up defenses.  Pressing neutral special again will yield Helm Splitter, a powerful flipping slice that deals knockback in the reverse direction.  If the opponent shields both hits, they will take tons of shield damage and Link will land behind them, making an out of shield punishment difficult to pull off.  If your opponent is using their shield too much, use this attack to put some fear in them!

Shield Attack cannot be performed in the air, instead Link will go straight to Helm Splitter.

New Alternate for Link! 1JwIOfd

But that's not all! Shield Attack is also capable of reflecting projectiles! If your opponent is trying to take advantage of this playstyle's lack of range, turn their own projectiles against them!

New Alternate for Link! AJunuby

New Alternate for Link! H9EmCoa

New Alternate for Link! OmI5oVh

Link's side special in this alternate becomes Back Slice when performed on the ground.  This attack starts with an invincible roll and a hitbox over his body, leading into a jumping back slice!  Use this attack to dodge and counter your opponent's aggression!

New Alternate for Link! O82a16A

New Alternate for Link! 170nKP5

New Alternate for Link! GgMkTQJ

Link can only perform the rolling dodge on the ground.  While in the air, side special becomes Jump Strike!  This 3 hit advancing combination can be devastating, ending with a powerful spike to send your opponents to an early grave!

New Alternate for Link! GkW5syv

New Alternate for Link! MdMgG9n

New Alternate for Link! UeeryLS

The down special is Mortal Draw. This seems like a fairly simple slicing attack, but deals massive damage and knockback if it connects on an opponent caught in start-lag! The attack can even be held to delay the strike, limiting the predictability factor.

New Alternate for Link! T28D4ow

New Alternate for Link! Fbj5oPR

New Alternate for Link! MKMOv4j

Mortal Draw is only possible when Link is able to plant his stance on the ground.  In the air, Link will instead perform the Ending Blow!  Link leaps forward, and any opponent in his path will get dragged along with him!  When he hits the ground with an opponent, massive knockback is dealt!  He can even use this off-stage as a suicide attack!

New Alternate for Link! DE31KuR

New Alternate for Link! 0tj5gv4New Alternate for Link! DnrYkPe

Heights pictured include both jumps

Link's Hidden Skills up special is Great Spin.  This version of Spin Attack is far more powerful, at the cost of recovery distance. It can't be charged, but it doesn't need to!  Link may not be able to recover as well in this alternate, but can take stocks fast enough to make up for it!

Full-Res Image Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/TZIjL

Excited to try out the new alternate playstyles in 0.9.1?  Let us know what you think!  Tune in next week to see how we're changing Little Mac!

Last edited by Perfect Hell on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

New Alternate for Link! :: Comments

Nix~
Re: New Alternate for Link!
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:33 pm by Nix~
Little Mac Hype!
wheeled_tank
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:50 pm by wheeled_tank
Smash 4 Mac plz? I want my Jab-DTilt-FAir combo

I'll also assume that this means that "Classic" Link has the boomerang has his side special entirely
Broke The Screeen
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:58 pm by Broke The Screeen
Ah yes, finally, Link wihouth that weird grounded side b. Ty.
Kirb-Star
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:15 pm by Kirb-Star
YES! Finally! I really love the amount of effort you're ddoing in both playstyles Smile
Now we just need Sm4sh Lucas, Brawl Ganondorf and SM4sh Duck Hunt and this game will be perfect.
OmegaSteve777
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:34 pm by OmegaSteve777
neat
Braystar
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:00 pm by Braystar
Woah nelly that's cool
Slissith
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:25 pm by Slissith
Kirb-Star wrote:
Brawl Ganondorf

Ugh.
AlfasPT
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:20 pm by AlfasPT
ALTERNATE PLAYSTYLE IDEA: Sm4sh Mewtwo.

Crusade's Mewtwo is basically Melee Mewtwo and I think this would be a simple but awsome alternate for him
wheeled_tank
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:23 pm by wheeled_tank
AlfasPT wrote:
ALTERNATE PLAYSTYLES IDEA: Sm4sh Mewtwo.

Crusade's Mewtwo is basically Melee Mewtwo and I think this would be a simple but awsome alternate for him
Smash 4 Mewtwo isn't much different from his Melee counterpart; he is still a floaty ultralight with good mobility. He has a few different attacks (Jab finisher, Forward throw), but I don't think there is enough to warrant such an addition (at least in comparison to Smash 4 Duck Hunt and Smash 4 Little Mac)
AlfasPT
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:41 pm by AlfasPT
wheeled_tank wrote:
AlfasPT wrote:
ALTERNATE PLAYSTYLES IDEA: Sm4sh Mewtwo.

Smash 4 Mewtwo isn't much different from his Melee counterpart; he is still a floaty ultralight with good mobility. He has a few different attacks (Jab finisher, Forward throw), but I don't think there is enough to warrant such an addition (at least in comparison to Smash 4 Duck Hunt and Smash 4 Little Mac)
That's just not true, sm4sh's Mewtwo is completely different from melee's.
Sm4sh's Mewtwo DTilt combos into FAir strings (FAir's in melee sends your opponent straight up, in sm4sh it has a 50º angle), NAir is a combo starter (has much less knockback), side B is a great tool for recovering, UAir has a lot more knockback and can kill (in melee it's just useless)
wheeled_tank
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:12 pm by wheeled_tank
Well, as Mewtwo was buffed heavily in Smash 4, I wouldn't see a reason why we would need "Inferior" and "Superior" Mewtwo both available. It would be much simpler to choose between one or the other, as the attacks themselves are mostly the same (I wasn't talking about attack physics, otherwise I would say we need 4 different Foxs to go with Crusade's Fox). Link is getting one due to the weird Side B he had in Crusade, so the Dev team decided to make a custom "Swordplay" Link so they could introduce "Classic" Link. If they wanted to make some sort of "Armored" Mewtwo as an alt, they can go ahead.

Back to the topic on hand, I have recently started to learn Link in Smash 4, so the change here will be very comfortable. I might even try out the new Link
Braystar
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:16 pm by Braystar
I wonder if a version/alt of Link could use stuff like the magic rods and the hammer, ect.
desu
Post Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:02 am by desu
Cool alt for those who like a more close fight style, keep up the good work guys Very Happy
Kirb-Star
Post Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:13 pm by Kirb-Star
Slissith wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
Brawl Ganondorf

Ugh.
Just suggested it so Crusade's Ganondorf doesn't have to share the attacks as the clone Ganondorf from canon smash games. It really feels awkward to have a move this powerful as a S-smash.
Slissith
Post Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:16 pm by Slissith
Kirb-Star wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
Brawl Ganondorf

Ugh.
Just suggested it so Crusade's Ganondorf doesn't have to share the attacks as the clone Ganondorf from canon smash games. It really feels awkward to have a move this powerful as a S-smash.

I see your point, but I don't think it's worth the work. Besides:

1) Smashes are supposed to be pretty powerful.

2) Ganon is fucking strong.
crazybark
Post Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:32 pm by crazybark
Kirb-Star wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
Brawl Ganondorf

Ugh.
i still think black shadow would be a good character for Ganons cannon moveset
Post  by Sponsored content

New Alternate for Link!

Page 1 of 1