Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 12:31 am

Thinking of adding He-Man in the game as a Joke Character. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 3:30 am

I feel like you need a joke character that people would know, like how Weegee is Crusade's joke character and Sandbag in SSF2
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 1:18 pm

I'd prefer Skeletor
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 5:53 pm

I got an idea for a joke character: Spongebob
I know what you said about how cartoon characters don't fit in the world but I think I know how I can make him fit in the world.
He could use his karate form from Super Fall Brawl
Meet My Fangame - Page 2 Latest?cb=20141201195440
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 7:16 pm

GamerChris1998 wrote:
Thinking of adding He-Man in the game as a Joke Character. What do you guys think?

...so you're going to break your one rule to add a joke character? It's not really a necessity in a fighting game.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 7:38 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:
GamerChris1998 wrote:

...so you're going to break your one rule to add a joke character? It's not really a necessity in a fighting game.

Weegee = Joke Character in Smash Bros. Crusade
Sandbag = Joke Character in Smash Flash 2
Dan Hibiki = Joke Character in Street Fighter

The list goes on and on, and I think adding a Joke character adds humor to the game. The roster needs to have interesting choices. Plus there isn't a rule that has "No Joke Characters". Besides, He-Man didn't originate in a cartoon.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:38 pm

But I actually use DAN THE MAN!!!

Also, I like the idea of "assist" characters, but some of the current characters kinda remove the possibility for some (Papyrus lacks a decent one because sans is going to be playable) or would have an "assistant" who would be better as an actual character (Mario could get Yoshi, but then we couldn't get Yoshi...)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:

Also, I like the idea of "assist" characters, but some of the current characters kinda remove the possibility for some (Papyrus lacks a decent one because sans is going to be playable) or would have an "assistant" who would be better as an actual character (Mario could get Yoshi, but then we couldn't get Yoshi...)

I actually thought of adding Dan Hibiki as a troll character. Same goes with Bubsy.

The assist idea could be the best idea, but the current game engine I use is MMF2. If the events are more than 11,000 events, the game will not read some objects and it's technically fried by doing so. I'm avoiding that issue, because my planned roster has over 80 characters. That's a lot right?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:49 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Mega Man-I don't think I have to explain why Mega Man should be in. The person who made the Mario sprites also made very nice sprites for Mega Man.

Spoiler Alert:
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 11:48 pm

I have a few suggestions to make:

hitstun needs to be increased around the board, and endlag on a bunch of moves should be increased. Also, I think you should introduce hitlag (freezeframes) into the game to make attacks feel more impactful.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 7:39 am

Alexander wrote:

hitstun needs to be increased around the board, and endlag on a bunch of moves should be increased.  Also, I think you should introduce hitlag (freezeframes) into the game to make attacks feel more impactful.

I'm honored to see a Dev Team member checking out my game. Thanks for the review, I'll do my best to work on the issue.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 8:06 am

Cool game man, keep it up
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 8:14 am

GamerChris1998 wrote:
Alexander wrote:

hitstun needs to be increased around the board, and endlag on a bunch of moves should be increased.  Also, I think you should introduce hitlag (freezeframes) into the game to make attacks feel more impactful.

I'm honored to see a Dev Team member checking out my game. Thanks for the review, I'll do my best to work on the issue.

No problamo man, it is a great start and I'm sure you'll build it into something really fun.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Dustination wrote:
Cool game man, keep it up
You too Dust? Wow... thanks for taking a look. I'm honored.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 5:21 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:

It could be that all characters are an assist, kind of like how it is in Skullgirls.
Actually switching between characters mid-battle could be an interesting addition as well.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Oh yeah. MK9 also had a similar mechanics, where you "off-stage" character could attack the opponent at the cost of your special meter (part of it at least)
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 5:57 pm

This game kinda reminds me of Super Smash Bros. Universe
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 8:55 am

Meet My Fangame - Page 2 87d166_9833a6a479a2439199a84cee5edad33e~mv2
Mega Man Joins the Battle!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:32 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:
It's an interesting game, though I think you're rules don't fit the game. Honestly, characters from cartoons like Steven Universe, MLP, Gravity Falls, or Star vs. the Forces of Evil could make very interesting characters with interesting movesets, and it could increase the fanbase for the game... though, I'll be honest, it needs a lot of work, particularly in knockback and the health system.

Last edited by Chris on Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Oh.
Questioning why MLP.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Maybe due to how random it is? I'm not going to complain, but I do agree that it is a strange choice
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 3:54 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
Maybe due to how random it is? I'm not going to complain, but I do agree that it is a strange choice

It's easier to find sprites for MLP characters due to how massive and talented the fanbase is.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 pm

I don't get it.

Last edited by Chris on Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Can't wait for SpongeBob
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 am

Can't wait for Garnet.
If you don't put her you will be a stupid cishit white male, sexist, raist and fatphobic!!!!
(if you didn't get it yet this is a joke)
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 6:10 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Can't wait for SpongeBob
Same
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:51 pm

I got a bored
Here's a roster:
Meet My Fangame - Page 2 Pupe_r10
I think you said there were going to 80ish characters, so I targeted that number.
Back to top Go down
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 pm

if you don't want to limit yourself to just fictional media you should add some famous rappers... i want to see soulja boy finally challenge his hero goku to an honorable battle of strength and inheritance like the final boss fight in mgs3
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 8:21 pm

your goth gf wrote:
if you don't want to limit yourself to just fictional media you should add some famous rappers... i want to see soulja boy finally challenge his hero goku to an honorable battle of strength and inheritance like the final boss fight in mgs3
Yes
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 2:55 pm

your goth gf wrote:
Please no...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet My Fangame
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next