HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Meet My Fangame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:23 pm

So is this the upcoming sequel?

http://gamejolt.com/games/universal-crusade-2-dawn-of-new-heroes/236125/download/build/439993

I am excited to see it coming back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:58 pm

I've been dead from this forum for awhile, so yeah I am making a sequel. I'm giving it one last chance and then I can go back to original ideas.

btw OmegaSteve777, I am finally thinking about adding SpongeBob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mr. Game and Watch
  358
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:28 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:40 pm

GamerChris1998 wrote:
I've been dead from this forum for awhile, so yeah I am making a sequel. I'm giving it one last chance and then I can go back to original ideas.

btw OmegaSteve777, I am finally thinking about adding SpongeBob.

Finally
The best character of all time

(Also Jason, best choice really)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:40 pm

The Character Polls #2 is going around now. You guys can post your votes here if you like. The due date is October 1, 2017.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 pm

GamerChris1998 wrote:
The Character Polls #2 is going around now. You guys can post your votes here if you like. The due date is October 1, 2017.

My vote goes for Bowser.

But I'd like to point out that Peach and Chun-Li should really be in the game at some point.

Also how do these work? Do you just do one character for these or do you do multiple?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
My vote goes for Bowser.

But I'd like to point out that Peach and Chun-Li should really be in the game at some point.

Also how do these work? Do you just do one character for these or do you do multiple?

Yeah, one vote. Your vote has been counted as Bowser.

Also, I agree with you, Peach and Chun-Li should come back this time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:00 am

Also, remember that one rule that I didn't allow certain characters in? Well you guys don't have to worry about that rule anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:02 am

GamerChris1998 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
My vote goes for Bowser.

But I'd like to point out that Peach and Chun-Li should really be in the game at some point.

Also how do these work? Do you just do one character for these or do you do multiple?

Yeah, one vote. Your vote has been counted as Bowser.

Also, I agree with you, Peach and Chun-Li should come back this time around.

I meant do you select multiple characters or just the top-voted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:05 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I meant do you select multiple characters or just the top-voted?

I select only one winner with the most votes. If the characters are tied, I'll have to shuffle them to have a lucky winner.


Last edited by GamerChris1998 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:07 am

It's funny that people are voting for Asgore and Jerry from Undertale. We honestly don't need more Undertale characters, Sans and Papyrus are enough. We need more room for characters who deserve to be in this game like uh... Pepsi Man, he could be another joke character along Ronald McDonald.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:44 am

GamerChris1998 wrote:
It's funny that people are voting for Asgore and Jerry from Undertale. We honestly don't need more Undertale characters, Sans and Papyrus are enough. We need more room for characters who deserve to be in this game like uh... Pepsi Man, he could be another joke character along Ronald McDonald.

It's something to expect when you make a game like this. There are people who don't get that there are limits as to who can be added and the limits are lifted for someone like our god Pepsiman
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:41 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
It's something to expect when you make a game like this. There are people who don't get that there are limits as to who can be added and the limits are lifted for someone like our god Pepsiman

You're right dude. I just kinda got annoyed that people don't understand limits, but hey I still let them do what they want, they're allowed to comment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hit1
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Shadow
  136

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Just found out about this, it looks like a cool game (I can't play it but its just me). How long have you been working on this?

Also, my vote goes for Izuku Midoriya. I know there aren't alot of sprites for him but there are some sprite spreadsheets floating around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Time for some notes after playing it.

-Game could really an aerial attack. I know there is an up special, but some of those don't do any damage. I know you can also do most every attack in the air, but you can only do your neutral special while you are falling and you never jumped in the first place. It's pretty dumb.
-Pac-Man is freaking overpowered. At least make his fire hydrant damage himself or have less pellets spawn for his neutral special so he isn't completely impossible to win against.
-When a projectile spawns off screen, it stays there until it's on screen. It's weird.
-Apocalypse isn't much better than Galactus from the last game, in fact I'd argue he's worse because at least in the last game you could retry in a snap. Now you have to do the entire mode all over again, which isn't fun. Have him telegraph his attacks better, and have his attacks last longer, then maybe I could actually bother beating him again.
-Did you credit the artists for the end cards? I'm sure you did, but I'm just curious... (Maybe put the artist's name in the bottom left corner so we could find the artist so you aren't just stealing art.)
-Do break the targets and race to the finish have a purpose? There's no points system so it feels like there's no point... But don't make them required because they are a little frustrating. Maybe give an HP boost if you win so there's some incentive?
-Make who you fight in Classic mode completely random. I've already fought Yoshi three times and Pac-Man twice. I want to see the whole cast but I've only seen like 1/5 of it. You can keep the final two the same, just make all the other ones different.

That's about it really. The one's I'm really worried about are the ones with Apocalypse and the random battles in Classic mode. I haven't seen the entire cast yet, so if I feel like it, I'll post more specific thoughts later. I'll probably make a roster in the future whenever I fell like it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Time for some notes after playing it.

-Game could really an aerial attack. I know there is an up special, but some of those don't do any damage. I know you can also do most every attack in the air, but you can only do your neutral special while you are falling and you never jumped in the first place. It's pretty dumb.
-Pac-Man is freaking overpowered. At least make his fire hydrant damage himself or have less pellets spawn for his neutral special so he isn't completely impossible to win against.
-When a projectile spawns off screen, it stays there until it's on screen. It's weird.
-Apocalypse isn't much better than Galactus from the last game, in fact I'd argue he's worse because at least in the last game you could retry in a snap. Now you have to do the entire mode all over again, which isn't fun. Have him telegraph his attacks better, and have his attacks last longer, then maybe I could actually bother beating him again.
-Did you credit the artists for the end cards? I'm sure you did, but I'm just curious... (Maybe put the artist's name in the bottom left corner so we could find the artist so you aren't just stealing art.)
-Do break the targets and race to the finish have a purpose? There's no points system so it feels like there's no point... But don't make them required because they are a little frustrating. Maybe give an HP boost if you win so there's some incentive?
-Make who you fight in Classic mode completely random. I've already fought Yoshi three times and Pac-Man twice. I want to see the whole cast but I've only seen like 1/5 of it. You can keep the final two the same, just make all the other ones different.

That's about it really. The one's I'm really worried about are the ones with Apocalypse and the random battles in Classic mode. I haven't seen the entire cast yet, so if I feel like it, I'll post more specific thoughts later. I'll probably make a roster in the future whenever I fell like it...

- Aerial Attacks are removed for more space. (So the game engine will load the events.)
- I wanted Apocalypse in Hard mode, to be considered hard because since he is a "true final boss" I want to give people a challenge, but if it really is an issue, I'll give people a chance to face him again.
- I'm working on adding the entire cast in Arcade Mode so I agree.
- I should add that to the credits ;~;
- You do earn 200 HP in Hard mode in Targets and Race, but I should only program it that if you did beat Targets and Race, you will be rewarded with 200 HP, but if not, no free HP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 pm

GamerChris1998 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Time for some notes after playing it.

-Game could really an aerial attack. I know there is an up special, but some of those don't do any damage. I know you can also do most every attack in the air, but you can only do your neutral special while you are falling and you never jumped in the first place. It's pretty dumb.
-Pac-Man is freaking overpowered. At least make his fire hydrant damage himself or have less pellets spawn for his neutral special so he isn't completely impossible to win against.
-When a projectile spawns off screen, it stays there until it's on screen. It's weird.
-Apocalypse isn't much better than Galactus from the last game, in fact I'd argue he's worse because at least in the last game you could retry in a snap. Now you have to do the entire mode all over again, which isn't fun. Have him telegraph his attacks better, and have his attacks last longer, then maybe I could actually bother beating him again.
-Did you credit the artists for the end cards? I'm sure you did, but I'm just curious... (Maybe put the artist's name in the bottom left corner so we could find the artist so you aren't just stealing art.)
-Do break the targets and race to the finish have a purpose? There's no points system so it feels like there's no point... But don't make them required because they are a little frustrating. Maybe give an HP boost if you win so there's some incentive?
-Make who you fight in Classic mode completely random. I've already fought Yoshi three times and Pac-Man twice. I want to see the whole cast but I've only seen like 1/5 of it. You can keep the final two the same, just make all the other ones different.

That's about it really. The one's I'm really worried about are the ones with Apocalypse and the random battles in Classic mode. I haven't seen the entire cast yet, so if I feel like it, I'll post more specific thoughts later. I'll probably make a roster in the future whenever I fell like it...

- Aerial Attacks are removed for more space. (So the game engine will load the events.)
- I wanted Apocalypse in Hard mode, to be considered hard because since he is a "true final boss" I want to give people a challenge, but if it really is an issue, I'll give people a chance to face him again.
- I'm working on adding the entire cast in Arcade Mode so I agree.
- I should add that to the credits ;~;
- You do earn 200 HP in Hard mode in Targets and Race, but I should only program it that if you did beat Targets and Race, you will be rewarded with 200 HP, but if not, no free HP.

-That's fair.
-It's just that's it's not really a challenge if it's just obnoxious. It's just that the attacks can't be dodged properly because they come out frame 1 practically. It's not fun or challenging when the best method of winning is "Oh okay I'll just spam my two aerial attacks and pray to god that he never uses his laser beam." Then he proceeds to spam his laser beam five times in a row. You can have the no retries thing be a thing, but that's artificial difficulty, so maybe at least one retry would be nice.
-Coolio.
-Good.
-That'd be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMythicalGuy
Level 1 CPU
avatar

  Phoenix Wright
  8
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:16 am

Just saw this today. Not sure how likely, but I'd like to vote in Isaac from The Binding of Isaac. Not sure how many sprite sheets for him would work but after Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ there should be a decent amount of items you could add to his moveset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:24 am

TheMythicalGuy wrote:
Just saw this today. Not sure how likely, but I'd like to vote in Isaac from The Binding of Isaac. Not sure how many sprite sheets for him would work but after Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ there should be a decent amount of items you could add to his moveset.

he was literally in the last game so I'd say his chances are pretty likely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Snivy
  646

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:50 am

my vote goes for Nakoruru, I really love to play like her in any game
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:45 am

Hit1 wrote:
How long have you been working on this?

Six whole months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeybladeSmasher
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Phoenix Wright
  722
  NESKeyblade

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:32 pm

I vote for Sakura Shinguji.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mr. Game and Watch
  358
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:19 pm

I noticed that alot of your sprites come from MUGEN, not that its bad though, just something I noticed. My vote goes to Quote from Cave Story.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
I noticed that alot of your sprites come from MUGEN, not that its bad though, just something I noticed. My vote goes to Quote from Cave Story

Amaterasu, Pac-Man, Sora, Crash Bandicoot, Meat Boy, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Lilac, Goku, Luffy, and Ryuko all did not receive sprites from MUGEN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:45 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
My vote goes for Bowser.
But I'd like to point out that Peach and Chun-Li should really be in the game at some point.
While Chun-Li is yet to be in the game, Bowser and Peach are confirmed. ^^


Last edited by GamerChris1998 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Wait so did Bowser win the thing or can I vote for another character?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Wait so did Bowser win the thing or can I vote for another character?
No, Bowser didn't win. He was actually planned to be in v0.4 before you voted for him. Peach was planned too.
So I guess you would have to vote for another character then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1606

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:12 pm

I'll vote for Chun-Li then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  169
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:49 am

how do you vote?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamerChris1998
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Captain Falcon
  154
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 am

crazybark wrote:
how do you vote?
Just vote here. Say what character you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   

Back to top Go down
 
Meet My Fangame
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Meet My Fangame
» Meet Akeem the Assamite Vizier (NEW NPC)
» Swap Meet at Newport Games Saturday Morning 11am to 1pm
» Tom And Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes (2009) DVDRip XviD
» October F - R1 Meet-up

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum