View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Meet My Fangame - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Add classic sonic with voice clips from the tv shows
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Hey GamerChris? Would you be interested in having some help with balancing?

And, I've also considered trying my hand at modifying some sprites to create a more unified art style.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:35 am

Keybladeguy wrote:
Hey GamerChris? Would you be interested in having some help with balancing?

And, I've also considered trying my hand at modifying some sprites to create a more unified art style.
Balancing and spriting would be nice.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:08 pm

One thing I must say

Unlocking Characters is a pain due to the wonky hitboxes/hurtboxes, not to mention having three stock and having to go through Arcade Mode. Either make them unlockable through normal battles or please have them all as starters.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 8:54 am

Keybladeguy wrote:
One thing I must say

Unlocking Characters is a pain due to the wonky hitboxes/hurtboxes, not to mention having three stock and having to go through Arcade Mode. Either make them unlockable through normal battles or please have them all as starters.
I think it's best to do it in Smash's way, like having characters unlock through battles as another option. Then again, making every character a starter removes the fun. Plus I need to add a better save feature, the one that doesn't crashes.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 9:41 am

Well right now the save function just doesn't work at all. Every time I boot up I have to unlock characters all over again.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:
Well right now the save function just doesn't work at all. Every time I boot up I have to unlock characters all over again.
Don't worry about that. I'm gonna find a way, but it ain't gonna be easy, I'll tell you that.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 4:03 pm

If I may make a suggestion, it wouldn't hurt to have 2 versions. One could be the "Standard" version, which would have the characters locked as they are right now (with added ways to unlock them). The second could be a "Quick Play" version, which would all characters available at the start, but limit you to a few modes (Break the Targets, Training mode(?), and Multiplayer battles) for people who just want to play matches against eachother w/o the need to unlock potentially interesting characters
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 6:39 am

what program are you using to make this?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 pm

crazybark wrote:
what program are you using to make this?
Multimedia Fusion 2
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 pm

I've finished Ragna and boy was his animations was hard to position. Now I'm working on Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail. (She's confirmed in the game.) and then I'll work on Zoro and Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 10:17 pm

More problems
-The save system needs to be fixed in the next version for good. If it isn't fixed by that time, I highly recommend you make all of the characters unlocked by default.
-I think a way of making the boundary KO problem work is by making it so the entire sprite has to be off screen. Instead of making the boundary farther or something.
-Mario's side special doesn't reflect projectiles, turn around opponents or even DO DAMAGE, making it worthless.
-I end up doing Mario's side special when I want to do the up special. Make it so when you have both right and up pressed down, you do the up special.
-One of the major problems is still how moves do almost no damage. Either make moves do more damage or make health bars smaller.
-Take a look at Peach's victory pose. Look at her arm. Gross.
-When throwing Link's boomerang, you sit there for too long. It should take less time.
-I was fighting Scorpion while playing as Sub-Zero on The Pit. Scorpion didn't respawn after his KO to the left. There's no way to go back to Character Select except for resetting the entire game.
-It'd be cool if Cloud's limit break worked like it does in Smash Bros. Or at least you can charge here and there so I you don't have to do it in one sitting. Also those attacks don't seem to do much damage...
-Sora's Fire and Thunder could be swapped. Make Fire down while Thunder is side.
-Master Chief's down tilt makes him go back up. It looks weird.
-Kirby's down special does something but only sometimes.
-Pac-Man's down special goes on for too long.
-Spiderman never appeared again after his Final Contact.
-After Superman's Final Contact, the game softlocked after the cut-scene. No body could move.
-Batman's down special doesn't stun for long enough. This actually a running theme with all moves that stun.
-What's with the roster's organization? How come All the anime characters are next to each other but all of the Nintendo characters aren't? It's weird.

That's about all I've got for this update. Might be something wrong with the unlockable characters but I've barely touched them. Can't wait until v0.5!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 am

-Already working on the saves.
-Already working on the boundary problem.
-That's gonna be tough, but I'll try.
-HP Customization will be added
-I'm planning on respriting Peach anyways.
-Is Link's Side Special that slow...?
-How did that happened? I didn't know that could happen, maybe it's a glitch.
-That's tough actually. Although I should fix Cloud's Up B.
-I dunno about switching Sora's special moves, what does the others think?
-It's like that don't worry about it. At least you can shoot.
-Do Kirby's Down Special in the air, it's better.
-Yeah, I need to slow down the Fire Hydrant.
-I've been told by Spider-Man's disappearance, I'll work on it.
-Oh, that never happened to me when I was in a match with Superman.
-Well I did want to prevent spam.
-Don't worry, the Nintendo characters are finally next to each other.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Two Last Things I want to Make Sure Of
-Make sure there is a way to go back to Character Select. (Without resetting the game obviously)
-Make sure other characters of the same company are next to each other. (Mega Man with Ryu, Master Chief with Steve etc.)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by GamerChris1998 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Some good characters to announce on Christmas.
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 12:56 pm

yay christmas banjo.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 4:30 pm

Given that this is something I would have drawn in my notebook instead of paying attention in high school math, the level of effort put into this is goddamn incredible. That said, as has been noted, the physics are crazy wonky and the game's not all that fun to play outside of target mode. Obligatory character suggestions, however:

Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins series) - GnG is one of my favorite series of all time, and Arthur is a natural fit for any Smash-based game.

Julian (Romancing SaGa 3) - Or really any Romancing SaGa character - 1-3 all have full sprite rips, and it's a series I love. Boston as the comedy option.

Ampharos (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) - PMD is life. See the thread I made.

Samson (Cho Aniki) - i dont know if im joking or not but he has a full sprite sheet from the snes game

Jotaro (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) - come on
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Who do you guys think is the best character in the game, and who do you think is the worst? A tier list would've been nice.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:17 pm

The best character in the game is Papyrus. His standard attack seems to be one of the fastest and strongest, making defeating enemies really fast.

The worst character in the game goes to Luffy. The suicide machine. Runner-Ups being Lilac and Sonic.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 9:55 am

Best character in my opinion: Scorpion
Worst character in my opinion: Luffy too. *cri*
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm sorry to say this guys but Universal Crusade is cancelled. Why? Whenever I was making Thor, he was ready, right? Welp, after I've finished coding Thor once and for all, it did this bullshit again where the characters doesn't appear anymore. I thought the deactivation would work, but it didn't. I'm releasing the final version with the characters I've finished before Thor. Sorry guys... I just can't do it anymore after that. Which is why I'm not making another crossover fighting game. I'm going to make my own original content from now on.

I really appreciate you guys supporting this game's development, but it's now time to stop and rest once and for all. Thank you so much.

EDIT: The full version is out.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 2:59 pm

Well, it was a good run, and it was still a good way to learn. Best of wishes to the next project, and Happy New year
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Happy new year; eager to see what you'll come up with next!
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 12:30 am

Sorry to hear about Universal Crusade. Happy new year and good luck with your next project!
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 9:44 am

could you share the dev files?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Seeing as how the project is done for, could you show the planned roster?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 10:23 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Seeing as how the project is done for, could you show the planned roster?
These are the characters that were planned for future releases.

- Bowser Jr.
- Wario
- Donkey Kong
- Ganondorf
- Ness
- Fox
- Knuckles
- Akuma
- Vergil
- Chris Redfield
- Zero
- Viewtiful Joe
- Liu Kang
- Sol Badguy
- Ryu Hayabusa
- Bomberman
- Rayman
- Crash Bandicoot
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Thor
- Hulk
- Thanos
- Dr. Strange
- Wonder Woman
- The Flash
- The Joker
- RoboCop
- Frieza
- Gray Fullbuster
- Edward Elric
- Jotaro Kujo
- Charizard
- Greninja
- Mewtwo
- Heavy Weapons Guy
- Shantae
- Henry Stickmin (planned for a joke character)
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 11:47 pm

It makes me sad to know my girl Sakura Shinguji was not there

But alas, it was never to be...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Well, can't wait to see what you'll make next!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet My Fangame
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next