AuthorMessage
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 1:53 pm

So I've made a fangame called "Universal Crusade" if any of you are interested and it's sequel "Universal Crusade 2: Dawn of New Heroes". Basically it's like Smash Bros, but brings to a whole new level. I was originally calling it Super Smash Bros., but if I would do that people who not like the characters I like to see in a fight. What I did, is renaming it to my own fighting fangame, and making it where almost everyone has a chance to join. It's a pop-cultural beat em ups.

You can fight as a Video Game character, a Western Comic Book character, a Anime/Manga character, and some others.

Check it out if you're interested.
Game Link: http://gamejolt.com/games/universal-crusade/164054
https://gamejolt.com/games/universalcrusade2/236125

Any character suggestions are very much appreciated.

The instructions on how to play Universal Crusade 1 + 2, follows.

PLAYER 1
------------------------
WASD Keys to move.
Press F for your normal attacks.
Press G for your special attacks.

PLAYER 2
-------------------------
Use Arrow Keys to move.
Press O for your normal attacks.
Press P for your special attacks.

You can edit the controls on the menu bar at the top of the applications in the category "Players". Or press Ctrl + Y.

Last edited by GamerChris1998 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 30 times in total
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 pm

As I have knowledge on a large amount of the roster (first hand or otherwise), I'll be happy to help with any sort of criticism. As for suggestions, I'll get to that at a later time. I want to "feel" how the game operates.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Thanks. Criticism helps me find a way to fix the problems.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 2:42 pm

The physics can be a bit wonky and some attacks don't work like how you think they would. I can't point out specifics about the physics, but Mario's up special is barely usable. It moves you up only a few inches when it should be a handful more. Also when Papyrus won he was called Meat Boy (You might want to fix that).

As for suggestions.
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight
-Princess Peach
-Bowser
-Yoshi
-Donkey Kong
-Bobobo
-Optimus Prime
-Mega Man
-Mewtwo
-Duck Hunt

(Also, how do you unlock characters? I'm assuming you win a lot or beat target test with all characters or something.)
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 2:49 pm

What Omega said. Biggest problem I found was that Projectile attacks don't work sometimes, and the side blastlines seem cramp, making Bit.Trip's and Pac-Man's side specials suicidal. I've really only noticed this with Sonic, but turning around mid-air seems to propel you backwards at the same speed as you were moving before, making controlling Sonic in the air very hard. It is technically an Early-Alpha, so they are forgivable as of now. Also, how to unlock the characters would be nice.

Also nearly every up-special is useless (at least of the characters I have used). Almost all of them provide little-to-know vertical movement

As for suggestions, I would add (along with OmegaSteve's) (also, don't really know much when it comes to anime/comics...):
Fox
Amy Rose
Simon Belmont
Spyro
Ratchet
Anyone else I can think of later
(also can't wait to use Lilac Razz )
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 3:30 pm

To unlock certain characters:
Jigglypuff - Play 5 Matches
Luigi - Play 10 Matches
Shadow - Play 15 Matches
Mr. Game & Watch - Play 20 Matches

(The way you'll unlock them will be updated soon enough. You won't have to spend so many times in Crusade mode.)

Also, when Player 2 Papyrus wins, it will now say Papyrus instead of Meat Boy. That has been easily fixed.

I also want to say that I will be working on the projectile and up special problem. When recovering in the game, I will see if the Up Special is somehow useful again. The projectile firing will be fixed soon. Thanks for addressing the issues, I'll be looking forward to them soon. The suicidal Side Special issue is being worked on as well. I find it annoying myself too.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 4:37 pm

My Suggestions (Extended)
King Dedede & Meta Knight-The most important Kirby characters besides Kirby himself. Also have a ton of sprites that can be used. I don't see any reason that they couldn't be in this game.
Peach & Bowser-The most important Mario characters that aren't the Mario Bros.. Bowser could use his sprites from Bowser's Inside Story and Peach has some sprites online based on her appearance from Mario Party Advance.
Yoshi-The happy dinosaur that has his own slew of games. Could use sprites from Yoshi's Island DS. If the tongue attack becomes too hard to program, you could replace it with egg throw and make his up special into flutter jump (fusing both the double jump and down aerial from Smash)
Donkey Kong-Very iconic video game character and has a lot of games going for him. I'm not sure what sprite you would use however.
Wario-A fan favorite from Mario and somehow got his own series of games. Sprites could be from Wario Land 4.
Bobobo-Personal bias, but...He could be interesting? Sprites could come from Jump Ultimate Stars.
Optimus Prime-Watching Dream Mix TV-World Fighters really made me want Optimus Prime in Smash Bros. because he's freaking Optimus Prime. Not too sure what sprites you could use...
Mega Man-I don't think I have to explain why Mega Man should be in. The person who made the Mario sprites also made very nice sprites for Mega Man.
Mewtwo-One of the most iconic Pokemon to exist. There are a lot of sprites online.
Duck Hunt-Duck Hunt in Smash Bros. is the best thing ever. Duck Hunt in this game could be the best thing ever...If sprites existed anyway.
SpongeBob-Everyone knows who SpongeBob is, and even though he might not fit too well, but he's still SpongeBob. There are a lot of SpongBob games to choose sprites from.
Mickey Mouse-You might be able to deny SpongeBob's fame, but you can't deny Mickey's. Mickey Mouse has a lot of games to choose from.
Yugi-Yugioh is weill known. Sprites could be from Jump Ultimate Stars.

Why did I write this.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 4:48 pm

How do I even attack? I didn't have to unzip the file, so I can't see any instructions.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:
How do I even attack? I didn't have to unzip the file, so I can't see any instructions.
Oh, my bad. I'll do that right now.

I'll put the instructions up on this thread for now.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Major Problem:Game does not save.

Also is v0.2 the most recent version?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:29 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Major Problem:Game does not save.

Also is v0.2 the most recent version?

Lots of people ask me about the saving issue. I'm working on the issue. v0.2 is the recent version. v0.3 is in development.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:51 pm

I remember wanting to make a game like this.
Also for suggestions I want:
-Danny Phantom
-PaRappa
-Cory Baxter
EDIT: I shouldve read the rules first
So no Danny Phantom
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
-Danny Phantom
-PaRappa
-Cory Baxter
Please no Danny Phantom and Cory Baxter. PaRappa is an alright choice.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:57 pm

GamerChris1998 wrote:
thebuddyadrian wrote:
-Danny Phantom
-PaRappa
-Cory Baxter
Please no Danny Phantom and Cory Baxter. PaRappa is an alright choice.
No Cory? But the rules said Anime characters were allowed!
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Gamejolt Page wrote:
Horror, Creepypasta, Animated Movie, and Cartoon Show characters are not allowed.

Which is somewhat disappointing, but also understandable.

If I may make a suggestion with Lilac? Could you make "Dragon Cyclone" the Down Special and make the Energy Slash from Pangu Lagoon the Neutral Special (if you need a reference for this, I have one somewhere)? I can understand Rising Slash being the Up-Special (I think I am the only person who sees Dragon Boost as her Up-Special), but I don't even know how a grounded "Drop Kick" would work?
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Gamejolt Page wrote:
Horror, Creepypasta, Animated Movie, and Cartoon Show characters are not allowed.
Wait
If cartoon characters aren't allowed then why are anime characters allowed?
Anime is just a japanese form of cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Well, it's quite difficult. You see, when I've played Freedom Planet, I've always seen Lilac doing the Dragon Boost forward, but it can be in different directions. Sometimes there are not enough sprites so I had to go with the flow. The Drop Kick could work, but I have to fix some kinks. Because right now it's awkward so I'll have to figure out what to do.

I am trying my best to represent different franchises in their own actual character. Movesets do matter but also character matters as well.

To answer why I don't allow Horror, Creepypasta, Animated Movie, and Cartoon Show characters are not allowed, because they just don't fit in the world. Like for example, if I were to put Slender Man or Jeff the Killer in the game, it wouldn't make any sense. There was a horror fighting game called Terrordrome, which feature horror icons such as Jason, Ghostface, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, and many more. Honestly, seeing those characters in a fighting game like this, it wouldn't make any sense. It fits much better in Mortal Kombat X because the game is dark, and the world match for a gore fest game.

Animated Movies are not allowed, because I don't want to see any Shrek requests. So anything that is an Animated film character like Shrek is not allowed.

The only Cartoon characters that are okay to join are Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny, but I don't think those two will join. Maybe Mickey Mouse, but I'm still considering it.

Last edited by GamerChris1998 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
Gamejolt Page wrote:
Wait
If cartoon characters aren't allowed then why are anime characters allowed?
Anime is just a japanese form of cartoons.
Well it is considered a Japanese Cartoon, but that's what Anime is. A Japanese cartoon. Most Anime/Manga characters does in fact fit in the world.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Well, Like I said, Rising Slash would work decently enough as her "recovery" (especially because there aren't any Smash attacks as of my knowledge), and it only seems "odd" to me because I am the one who created the Lilac suggestion for Crusade. 

The only way I could see Drop Kick work as her Down Special is if she first jumped up before using it, but that wouldn't really fit the move or the character. 

Lilac did have the ability to "fling" energy rays from her hair with the Dragon Star from Pangu Lagoon. Sure it is a late-game (and not too recognizable) move, but it would work with the basic FP sprite (it does use the basic "attack" animation after all)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:38 pm

You know, that could actually be a much better replacement for her down special. I forgot about the Dragon Star idea I have for her down special. I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:43 pm

I have another suggestion for a character: Urban Champion
Meet My Fangame 13062
He's the character from the NES fighting game Urban Champion. You'll have to be pretty creative to come up with moves for him but I'm pretty sure you can make it work.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Well I did knew how to make Meat Boy and Commander Video work. (I even made a moveset discussion of Commander Video himself.) Problem is, there are lots of characters that deserve a spot, so I dunno how Urban Champion will be in the game.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Meet My Fangame 87d166_cd5902d6cf9b44a09f38e790fdb3a57a~mv2
When Ammy runs, flowers will leave a trail behind her.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 3:15 pm

For Urban Champion, why not make him like a NES reference, using one-off NES characters, like Bubbles, Foreman Spike, and even NES Sprites of characters like Mario and Link?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Well, if I were to put him in the game, he could be a cameo, like you said. Good idea Bray! I'm considering it soon.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 4:46 pm

GamerChris1998 wrote:
Well, if I were to put him in the game, he could be a cameo, like you said. Good idea Bray! I'm considering it soon.
Yeah he could be like an assist or soemthing.
Wait, I got an idea, each character could have an assist move, and Urban Champion could be one of them (I don't know what character he should assist though.)
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Probably a retro character, like the Ice Climbers, or even Little Mac.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Braystar wrote:
Probably a retro character, like the Ice Climbers, or even Little Mac.
Little Mac would be a great fit.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 9:33 pm

It's an interesting game, though I think you're rules don't fit the game. Honestly, characters from cartoons like Steven Universe, MLP, Gravity Falls, or Star vs. the Forces of Evil could make very interesting characters with interesting movesets, and it could increase the fanbase for the game... though, I'll be honest, it needs a lot of work, particularly in knockback and the health system.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 11:59 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:
It's an interesting game, though I think you're rules don't fit the game. Honestly, characters from cartoons like Steven Universe, MLP, Gravity Falls, or Star vs. the Forces of Evil could make very interesting characters with interesting movesets, and it could increase the fanbase for the game... though, I'll be honest, it needs a lot of work, particularly in knockback and the health system.

Increasing the fanbase or not, in my heart, I do things what I think is the best. I do agree that the knockback and health system needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet My Fangame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Fangame   Meet My Fangame Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet My Fangame
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next