HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KaneGaming
Level 1 CPU

Ryu
  Time-Tumbler2

PostSubject: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:34 am

This is a thread for hacks/fangames any of you would like to make, but you don't have the skills or time to make them.

Allow me to kickstart this thread by telling you all a few hacks/fangames that I wanna (but can't) make:

Riolu in Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (because why not?): Riolu has an ability where, if you hit B, he throws an Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere is so weak by itself, it kills regular enemies in 2 hits, but it can be much stronger the more rings Riolu collects. If the maximum size of Aura Sphere is achieved (100 rings), the Aura Sphere has a Polyphemus effect (where a projectile can kill an enemy and still exist, but it gets smaller the more enemies it kills), and it counts as 2 regular hits on bosses.

Mario's Had Enough!: A satirical and comedic Mario game that pokes fun at all the cliches and problems the series has had over the years, while breaking standard Mario rules (i.e. using a warp pipe to travel to World 8 in the first level). I'm actually trying to make this using Super Mario Bros. X, but making custom sprites and adding them into X is a pain.

So, what are some hacks or fangames you guys really want to make, but can't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP

Crash Bandicoot
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Pokémon Firered hack where all the pokemon are crappy internet memes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KaneGaming
Level 1 CPU

Ryu
  Time-Tumbler2

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:15 pm

Sonic 3 and Knuckles hack where if you somehow go into any of Knuckles' routes with Sonic or Tails, the Knux himself will glide towards you and kill you in one hit (walls and such wouldn't phase him either).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:23 pm

KaneGaming wrote:
Sonic 3 and Knuckles hack where if you somehow go into any of Knuckles' routes with Sonic or Tails, the Knux himself will glide towards you and kill you in one hit (walls and such wouldn't phase him either).
I was thinking of something similar with Freedom Planet. I want to play Lilac/Carol's Final Dreadnought 3 with Milla for some Inception-Level of Boss Fighting. I know that you can play any level with any character with save-edits and the Cheat Engine, but I am not knowledgeable enough in using it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
desu
Level 6 CPU

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Dragon Ball fangame that takes the best of Dragon Ball games (see Dragon Ball Raging Blast 3 fan project).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slissith

Bowser
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Smash Bros, Mario & Luigi RPG style.

Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:52 pm

Slissith wrote:
Smash Bros, Mario & Luigi RPG style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Super Smash Bros. Crusade

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:01 pm

Dustination wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Crusade
That's why you have other people working on it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU

Captain Falcon

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Metroid: Isolation. A Metroid game set on a ship containing a single Metroid, with Samus stuck in the Zero Suit. Her Plasma Whip from Smash would appear as a Castlevania Vampire Killer style attack, toggled from the normal Stun Pistol the same way Missiles are toggles in most 2D Metroid games. Meanwhile, the Pistol would auto-charge a meter. At full charge, it stuns enemies (like in Zero Mission) for a few seconds, and anything below that merely slows them. As for the Metroid, any room would have a chance of the Metroid appearing, though that chance would vary based on circumstances, or even be nonexistent if Samus had just escaped a room the Metroid was in or a scripted sequence was to occur.
Among the power-ups would be Jet Boots (granting a double jump), a Boost Slide attack (sending Samus sliding along the floor a short ways with her whip out, damaging enemies as well as bypassing them), the Grapple Beam, the Wave Beam (shots passing through enemies and not requiring a charge, but only being able to slow them for a slightly longer time), and various upgrades for the Pistol/Whip. Additionally, there would be some initially unusable items to collect (a-la Zero Mission) that eventually give Samus a pink Zero Suit with green emblems, tall metal Jet Boots, and an arm cannon. In-game, it'd be called the Varia Zero Suit. Really, though, it'd be the Justin Bailey outfit.

Plot: Samus would start off with the Power Suit, boarding the ship of a team of mercenaries who specialize in dealing with hostile creatures, and who've stolen cargo that Samus has been hired to recover. After fighting her way through some of the mercenaries and the captain, the ship is ambushed by Space Pirates, whose overwhelming forces overcome Samus, and her suit is destroyed. Escaping to a safe room with the mercenary captain, Samus is given access to most of the ship and any equipment or upgrades she needs, as well as the cargo she came for, in exchange for taking the ship back from the Pirates.
When Samus reaches the cargo bay, however, she finds the cargo was a Metroid, who from this point on stalks Samus throughout the ship. The overall goal is to gain access to the Engineering Sector, where the coolant system can be used to kill the Metroid, exploiting it's weakness to sub-zero temperatures. Because the area is so cold, the Varia Zero Suit is required. Samus gains upgrades in addition to unlocking more areas of the ship, fighting the loose creatures the mercenaries had captured along the way. One of the last of these is a shadowy, immaterial being that manifests as whatever the most traumatic visage for it's prey is. For Samus, it reenacts the death of her parents at Ridley's hands, leading to a fight with an emaciated, nightmarish, hallucinatory Ridley. Samus eventually detaches the Space Pirates' ship from the mercenaries, but upon returning finds the mercenary captain dead, drained of energy, in the safe room, indicating the Metroid now can reach almost any part of the ship. Samus lures the Metroid into the engine coolant system and by destroying the coolant tanks is able to damage the Metroid more and more, until she's able to completely finish it. The resulting lack of coolant in the engines causes them to overheat, leading to the escape sequence, ending with Samus flying off in her ship as the mercenaries' ship explodes behind her

Samus' opening monologue:
It's been two weeks since the Gorea event. I've been taken bounty from an independent research firm to recover cargo that was stolen by a crew of mercenaries. A single crate. They wouldn't say what it specifically was. They assured me it was nothing illegal, and they have a good record. Still, they seemed nervous while briefing me. The optimistic thing to assume is that it was because they're afraid of me.
I've often been referred to as one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy, and while I'd like for that fear to only come from the scum that I hunt, I know most civilians are terrified of me. Perhaps that's for the best. How happy must they be, for the thing they fear most to be me? Imagine if they knew the things I've faced...

Obviously the game would be most similar to Metroid: Fusion, with heavy Castlevania action/horror elements in as well, though it would have more open exploration and less dialogue than Fusion. The name and nature of the Metroid, though, come from Alien: Isolation, a fantastic game and fitting inspiration considering how much the Metroid series has been inspired by the Alien movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU

Mr. Game and Watch
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:22 pm

A cory in the house fan game where Cory Baxter must battle anime's most famous icons to prove he is truly the best anime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tbagames.wix.com/thebuddyadriangames
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU

Little Mac
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:18 pm

The Internet the Game, a game with many world's representing the internet and you fight a thing and travel to the next world, I'd play it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU

Mr. Game and Watch
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:03 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
The Internet the Game, a game with many world's representing the internet and you fight a thing and travel to the next world, I'd play it...
Final boss: Project Crusade Forums
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tbagames.wix.com/thebuddyadriangames
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU

Little Mac
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:08 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Final boss: Project Crusade Forums

OF COURSE!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:55 pm

I would really like to make a fan game of Star Fox, replicating Assault's multiplayer mode and expanding it with more items, characters, stages, players on screen, and online.

Slissith

Bowser
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 am

Totally forgot about it, but.

Crash Twinsanity 2

Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keybladeguy
Level 6 CPU

Phoenix Wright
  NESKeyblade

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:25 am

I just want an English translation of the Sakura Wars games. Other than Number Five, which got one. I'm loving five and want to play the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:48 pm

A game that's like J-Stars Victory VS but with Nintendo, Capcom, Sega and Namco-Bandai characters (Plus guests)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazybark
Level 2 CPU

Klonoa
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:28 pm

a sonic 3 hack where you play as cream but she controls like klonoa (grab enemies with cheese , double jump floats for a second unless you have an enemy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:11 am

Alexander wrote:
I would really like to make a fan game of Star Fox, replicating Assault's multiplayer mode and expanding it with more items, characters, stages, players on screen, and online.
Considering Star Fox Assault was my favorite SF game (mainly because of the multiplayer) I would LOVE something like this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread   Today at 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down

"Hacks/Fangames you really wanna make, but you don't have the skills or time" thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1