HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR   Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:45 pm

I'll try to keep this short-ish.

So, over at the Facebook page, it seems many people were questioning if the project was still alive before the two recent posts. Why?
Because the latest post before the Smash Con announcement was in May, a full 3 month silence without even any replies to comments. Not only that, the smash con announcement was made only 2 days before the actual event, leaving those who might have considered going not much time to plan a trip all the way to Virginia.

I get that the Forums are only a few clicks away and is a far more active site, but the thing about Forums is they take a certain amount of "energy"
to consistently visit as apposed to a facebook page where everything is all in one place and easily accessible. To expand the audience, you must take the "casuals" into consideration.

I think that the long durations of silence actually harms the game's notoriety. Take SSF2 for example, a very active facebook page, twitter (and somewhat active youtube channel) helps the game stay in the smash "scene" and keeps the hype rolling. And it shows, Mcledogaming having 3 times as many likes as Crusade does. The same could go for Crusade if the game had a good reputation of reaching out to its fans consistently.

I'm not saying make some big huge major announcements every couple of days. Simple GIFs of the current demo build, a few harambe/donkey kong memes and questions pertaining to what the players would like to see would be more than enough to garner some more attention. If the Crusade team is in need of an admin for the page I could gladly fill in the spot. I'm on facebook every day, am fairly good at "http://viewpure.com/ekkk8sVajqE memes" and I even help some of the other commentators with their problems. Just alert me of the rules and I'd be good to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Traweezie

Random

PostSubject: Re: Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR   Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:03 am

check out my twitch channel for gameplay and stuff

https://www.twitch.tv/reagah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU

Pichu
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR   Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:13 am

He didn't mean that lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR   Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:30 pm

First off; I don't mean to sound high and mighty at all with this but don't expect to be the PR rep for the Facebook page. That takes an amount of trust and good amount of time spent on the forums. I mean, probably, lmao.

Anyways; I think you're right with this. The Facebook page could definitely be more active like SSF2's. I wouldn't be able to do it either because I don't Facebook, but perhaps I'll ask Dust about opening PR Rep applications eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR   Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:27 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
First off; I don't mean to sound high and mighty at all with this but don't expect to be the PR rep for the Facebook page. That takes an amount of trust and good amount of time spent on the forums. I mean, probably, lmao.

Anyways; I think you're right with this. The Facebook page could definitely be more active like SSF2's. I wouldn't be able to do it either because I don't Facebook, but perhaps I'll ask Dust about opening PR Rep applications eventually.

That's a good idea, I would like a formal way to apply for such an important position.

But yeah, somethinf has to be done. This game's exposure is shrinking rapidly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR   Today at 10:24 am

Back to top Go down

Guys, I think it's time we talked about PR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1