View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace Empty
PostSubject: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 am

Primids are sandbag-like creatures that are filled with a substance known as Shadow Bugs, and are the most common enemy in SSBB's story mode, The Subspace Emissary. Due to this, the Primid has many different variants, such as the Scope Primid, Boom Primid (has a Boomerang), Sword Primid, Fire Primid, Big Primid, and Metal Primid.

Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace Primid_-_Brawl_Trophy
So why Primid?:

Attributes:

As a fighter, the Primid would be about stage control. While its mobility wouldn't be terrible, it wouldn't be anything spectacular. Its weight would be low, as Primids are fairly fragile in SSE. That being said, it has access to 3 projectiles (including its forward tilt) and 2 specials that can help guard a specific part of the stage

Attacks:

Attack Reference:

Misc:

Supporters (6):

Last edited by wheeled_tank on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Standardizing Format to match my "Sash Lilac" Character suggestion)
Back to top Go down
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU
Jexulus

Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 am

So, its moveset is designed around taking up space? A fitting role for something designed to be minion filler. Nicely done.

Couple of suggestions:
1. The Mites that come out of the Primid's portal do not sport random colors; rather, to accommodate the fact that mirror matches are a thing, the Mites' colors will correspond with the player's controller port (P1 = red, P2 = blue, etc) or team color.
2. Maybe Trackball can be like PacMan's Side B? Like, you can curve the track itself from the palm of your hand a set distance, and the ball spawns next to you once you regain control of Primid. Like PacMan's hazards, it wouldn't last very long (one or two hits, maybe) and the opponent can still hit it back, but having control over its speed depending on the strength of the launching hit can make for an incredible tool for stage control. This property is more in reference to the Trackballs being on, well, tracks of different shapes instead of just a straight line.

Support.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 6:56 am

Jexulus wrote:
So, its moveset is designed around taking up space?  A fitting role for something designed to be minion filler.  Nicely done.

Couple of suggestions:
1. The Mites that come out of the Primid's portal do not sport random colors; rather, to accommodate the fact that mirror matches are a thing, the Mites' colors will correspond with the player's controller port (P1 = red, P2 = blue, etc) or team color.
2. Maybe Trackball can be like PacMan's Side B?  Like, you can curve the track itself from the palm of your hand a set distance, and the ball spawns next to you once you regain control of Primid.  Like PacMan's hazards, it wouldn't last very long (one or two hits, maybe) and the opponent can still hit it back, but having control over its speed depending on the strength of the launching hit can make for an incredible tool for stage control.  This property is more in reference to the Trackballs being on, well, tracks of different shapes instead of just a straight line.

Support.
I was actually thinking of how the SSE has many obstacles you need to avoid, but I guess that and Filler can be considered similar

1: Right. Forgot about that. Added the Color changes
2: I changed it to where tapping the special makes a basic line, but holding the special button allows you to "draw" a path, somewhat similar to PAC-MAN's SSB4 Side Special, and it can take 3 hits/launches

And of course, thanks for the support
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:40 pm

I'm conflicted if I want to support or not, mainly because I don't like the idea of Smash original characters in the roster (Like Master Hand and Tabbu) and the fact Primids are basic enemy, like a Koopa Troopa. You can make a moveset for it, but it's still a basic.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Braystar wrote:
I'm conflicted if I want to support or not, mainly because I don't like the idea of Smash original characters in the roster (Like Master Hand and Tabbu) and the fact Primids are basic enemy, like a Koopa Troopa. You can make a moveset for it, but it's still a basic.
Understandable. I just wanted to give a little nod to the Subspace Emissary, and, despite being the basic soldier, the Primid is also the best fit for the representation.

Also updated the Primid's Up Air, and added what Kirby could get from Primid
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Primid could potentially get Poison from Primid, because of the shadow bugs. In Robobot you get Poison from the Ganondorf amiibo, so it's not that big of a stretch. I just don't want it to be fighter because that a lot of characters give fighter already.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 2:54 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Kirby could potentially get Poison from Primid, because of the shadow bugs. In Robobot you get Poison from the Ganondorf amiibo...
In that case, Poison will work out.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Also I support because I kinda like the idea of a fighter from Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:54 pm

Added a Grab and Grab Aerial, both based off of Tabuu's "Chains of Light"
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 10:10 am

Updated the main post with the Home Stage. The victory fanfare is there as well, but I couldn't find the proper version of the song (the one that plays on the result screen after defeating Tabuu), so the normal version will have to do.
Back to top Go down
I_not_give
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:46 pm

i support
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 8:16 pm

Made some edits to make this match the formatting of the "Sash Lilac" thread. This mainly includes the following

• Updated Attributes to better describe the character's physics
  • Added reference pictures to attacks wherever possible

The information present is practically unchanged as of right now though, so those who already did or did not support do not have to re-read to re-consider. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 8:14 pm

support
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyWed May 17, 2017 7:32 am

Support!
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 12:18 pm

support asf
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 11:37 am

I do like the moveset, but it feels a little weird for a Primid moveset to exist without the Big Primid. But I do support the Primid joining Crusade as a ssb rep.

Support
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 12:21 pm

I guess it could be his Final Smash (In similar vein to Giga Bowser or Big Mac), but I feel like I have to represent the Subspace Bomb somewhere
Back to top Go down
TheMythicalGuy
Level 1 CPU
TheMythicalGuy

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Support. It'd be pretty cool to have a character to represent the Smash universe.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 5:41 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
I guess it could be his Final Smash (In similar vein to Giga Bowser or Big Mac), but I feel like I have to represent the Subspace Bomb somewhere

The Subspace Bomb should stay as its main Final Smash, but maybe the Big Primid could be a alt FS (the majority of sprites used to make the primid could be used for it since visually all the Primid would do is change its size )
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Oh right. I guess that could be a thing

I'll get to it whenever I do
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 8:07 am

bump
Back to top Go down
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU
MonadoBoy16

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 2:27 pm

They can be good Battle Droids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace   Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace Empty

Back to top Go down

Primid (SSBB; The Subspace Emissary) Discussion: Straight from Subspace
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com