Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 7:20 am

Mortal Kombat could get 6 if street fighter does

Scorpion: Is neutral and represents the Netherrealm
Sub-Zero: Represents the forces of light and Earthrealm
Shao Kahn: Represents forces of darkness and the Outworld
Kitana: Represents the forces of light and Edenia
Raiden: Represents The elder Gods
Kenshi: Represents "3D era"
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 7:33 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Mostly because if we are really going to have that many Street Fighter reps, it should be the ones most everyone should recognize. Smash Bros. is a game where Nintendo's most well known characters come and duke it out. There are a few non-Nintendo characters, but those should be only the most well known. Such as Sonic and Mega Man. Ryu and Chun-Li fit because even people who don't play SF know who those are.
Well, I don't think popularity is everything, but I suppose I'll just agree to disagree there. Crusade is just a fan game, after all. If it were a real Smash Bros game then maybe I'd worry more about the limitations of having more non-Nintendo characters, but in this game's case I don't think that really matters much. Plus, there's nothing wrong with adding a not-so-well-known character to boost popularity of that character. A decent number of actual Smash Bros characters did exactly this (Ness, Lucas, C. Falcon, Roy, Corrin, Pit, and ROB; Shulk and Marth for Westerners), and it turned out fairly well despite the fact that few people knew those characters beforehand.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 11:49 am

Chaotic Chao wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Mostly because if we are really going to have that many Street Fighter reps, it should be the ones most everyone should recognize. Smash Bros. is a game where Nintendo's most well known characters come and duke it out. There are a few non-Nintendo characters, but those should be only the most well known. Such as Sonic and Mega Man. Ryu and Chun-Li fit because even people who don't play SF know who those are.
Well, I don't think popularity is everything, but I suppose I'll just agree to disagree there. Crusade is just a fan game, after all. If it were a real Smash Bros game then maybe I'd worry more about the limitations of having more non-Nintendo characters, but in this game's case I don't think that really matters much. Plus, there's nothing wrong with adding a not-so-well-known character to boost popularity of that character. A decent number of actual Smash Bros characters did exactly this (Ness, Lucas, C. Falcon, Roy, Corrin, Pit, and ROB; Shulk and Marth for Westerners), and it turned out fairly well despite the fact that few people knew those characters beforehand.

It's less that they are unpopular, but more that they're coming from a franchise with more well known characters. It's like picking Mario, Peach and Nabbit. Where's Bowser and Luigi?
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Well, that's why I think limiting ourselves to six reps is a bad idea in some cases. Having just Ryu and Chun-li is perfectly fine, but if we have a whopping 6 characters from Street Fighter the potential for more will become much stronger. If we had, for example:
-Ryu (Evil)
-Chun-li
-Guile
-Zangief
-Dictator
We'd already have five characters, all of them best known for their appearance in SFII. Most would say SFI may not matter, sure, but what about SFIII, which is very popular among competitive fans of the series? Or the long running SFIV series, which introduced one of the most popular characters in the series (Juri)? Or Street Fighter Alpha, which includes such fan favorites as Karin, and Charlie? Heck, aside from Ryu, even SFI has Sagat, who is arguably just as iconic as all of the characters listed up there. If Ken and Akuma weren't shotoclones they'd be in the running too since I'd say both are even more iconic than Zangief and Guile put together.
Point is, I feel like limiting ourselves to only 6 reps just won't work for certain franchises with an enormous amount of valid options. Honestly, I don't think Street Fighter should get many more characters if any because it would open the door for too many more and I'd hardly call it Capcom's "main" franchise. Say what you will, but I still think Megaman deserves more attention no matter how Capcom treats the series. Plus, on a side note, Smash is a fighting game, so if more SF characters don't get in...I mean, you can still fight as them in Street Fighter, so it's not that big a deal. Very different games, but same genre in the end. If it were up to me, the only extra Street Fighter character I'd add would be Dictator...no one else.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Is "Dictator" the same as M. Bison (I think he goes by Bulrog in Japan)?

Anyways, I think that M. Bison and either Guile or Zangief would be my choices to fill out Street Fighter, assuming that there is some kind of unwritten rule on the matter at hand. Honestly, if a series has enough iconic (and unique) characters AND is a large series, I see no problem in introducing a large amount of characters. Look at the Mario Series. Including Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario, there are 18 characters, and plenty more to choose (We are still missing Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Dr Mario, and Diddy Kong from the main Smash games). Of those, only Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Wario would be considered "Important", which totals 8.

This is part of the reason why I am pretty impartial with some series having a large representation in comparison to others. Kid Icarus, for example, has had only 3 games (1 of which wasn't even in Japan as far as I know), yet has 3 characters, while Star Fox has had a total of 7 games, yet has less representation due to Wolf being cut from Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 11:48 am

Namco Reps:
-Pac-Man*
-Klonoa*
-Dig Dug
-Mappy
-Boss Galaga
-Rally X
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 1:26 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
Namco Reps:
-Pac-Man*
-Klonoa*
-Dig Dug
-Mappy
-Boss Galaga
-Rally X

-Pac-Man
-Klonoa
-Taizo Hori (Or a Tales Rep)
-Heihachi
-Agumon
-KOS-MOS

Namco has more than just their old stuff.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Sonic would make the most sense tbh

Silver and Metal Sonic would be nice to play as
Back to top Go down
Genie Bowser~
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 2:32 pm

-I agree but also find it pitiful that people are running out of ideas, if there were one franchise that deserves 6 it comes to these two, the legend of Zelda & Digimon, how is it that we have 6 Pokémon but no Digimon at all???? Pokémon are partnered with nintendo, they a not from it. Same for Digimon and honestly 6 Digimon could turn th tides and make this game amazing, the characters abilities and designs of creatures Warriors and the pokemon Vs Digimon nostalgia, how has this not happened...

When they do give Digimon the same respect, I think it would be fair to add these charachters

-Metal Greymon

-Were Garurumon

-Zudomon

-Dorugyuremon

-Venom Myotismon

-Mad/Bauntyo Leomon
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Genie Bowser~ wrote:
-I agree but also find it pitiful that people are running out of ideas, if there were one franchise that deserves 6 it comes to these two, the legend of Zelda & Digimon, how is it that we have 6 Pokémon but no Digimon at all???? Pokémon are partnered with nintendo, they a not from it. Same for Digimon and honestly 6 Digimon could turn th tides and make this game amazing, the characters abilities and designs of creatures Warriors and the pokemon Vs Digimon nostalgia, how has this not happened...

When they do give Digimon the same respect, I think it would be fair to add these charachters

-Metal Greymon

-Were Garurumon

-Zudomon

-Dorugyuremon

-Venom Myotismon

-Mad/Bauntyo Leomon

Zelda should defintely get 6 reps, but Digimon should get Agumon and then that's it. Maybe someone else like Patamon or Gabumon. From how I see it, the reason the devs have not added so many Digimon is because they'd treat it like any third party franchise. More people know about Street Fighter than Digimon, so SF should get more reps. I think that a Digimon could have a cool gimmick about digi-volving and getting more powerful as the battle goes on or something (I haven't played the Digimon fighting games so I'm not too sure on how it works). Said Digimon however should be a popular Digimon that non-Digimon fans would recognize.

I took forever to type this...
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 7:44 pm

I believe Digimon counts as 4th party representation. Namco just gets the licenses to make Digimon games.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Athorment wrote:
I believe Digimon counts as 4th party representation. Namco just gets the licenses to make Digimon games.

If Digimon is "4th Party" then I could argue the "same" for Mr. Game & Watch.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Tamagotchi for Smash
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 1:48 am

R.O.B's also technically 4th party, he's a real thing
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Kirby
Poyo, Zoi, Borb, Dee, Blep and then either Doodle or Ded-But-Not-Really

(...Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Gooey and Adeleine/Magolor)
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Braystar wrote:
R.O.B's also technically 4th party, he's a real thing

He's very relevant to Nintendo's history; he is a property created by Nintendo as a company.
I'd put him as first party.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 9:51 pm

So is Segata for Sega but apparently he's 4th party, despite being owned by Sega
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 8:00 am

For me it would be:
LoZ
Sonic
Kirby
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 am

i think final fantasy series would be perfect for it:
you could bring Cloud, Black mage, White mage, Warrior of light, Kefka, Chocobo
Back to top Go down
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 9:14 am

Mortal Kombat. You could have Scorpion, Sub-zero, Shao Khan, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, Kano, and potentially even more
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 10:06 am

Geno Boost wrote:
too many FF1 reps, What about Cecil Harvey, Squall Leonhart, Yitán Tribal, etc?
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 11:40 am

SnivyKawaii wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
too many FF1 reps, What about Cecil Harvey, Squall Leonhart, Yitán Tribal, etc?
i didnt play their games yet so i just know them from dissidea but i think they are fine as long as they have unique playstyle
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 1:12 am

Indies
- Shantae
- Shovel Knight
- Lilac
- Commander Video
- Meat Boy
Back to top Go down
Triforceriku
Level 3 CPU
Triforceriku

TriforcerikuX

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 4:06 pm

GamerChris1998 wrote:
Indies
- Shantae
- Shovel Knight
- Lilac
- Commander Video
- Meat Boy
Wow, i agree with ALL of these
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Triforceriku wrote:
GamerChris1998 wrote:
Indies
- Shantae
- Shovel Knight
- Lilac
- Commander Video
- Meat Boy
Me too, but didnt the creator if CS say he didnt want quote in other media or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Triforceriku
Level 3 CPU
Triforceriku

TriforcerikuX

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 8:10 pm

King Proto wrote:
Triforceriku wrote:
GamerChris1998 wrote:
Indies
- Shantae
- Shovel Knight
- Lilac
- Commander Video
- Meat Boy
Me too, but didnt the creator if CS say he didnt want quote in other media or something like that?
If that were the case, he wouldn't be in Gang Garrison 2 and Runner 2, so i hope that's not true
Back to top Go down
TSF.Strife
Level 3 CPU
TSF.Strife

WulfenGale

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 12:27 am

wheeled_tank wrote:

Street Fighter-There is SO much untapped potential for Street Fighter to get up to 6 using iconic characters like M Bison, Zangief, and Guile, and that is to list a few
I'd have honestly switched it to M. Bison, Sagat and Zangief. Sagat should be a shoo-in for another SF rep
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Braystar wrote:
So is Segata for Sega but apparently he's 4th party, despite being owned by Sega

Doesnt Matter. Segata might be 4th party, but ROB is 1st party. I dont make the rules but that's how it is.

Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2