HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Snivy
  638

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:20 am

Mortal Kombat could get 6 if street fighter does

Scorpion: Is neutral and represents the Netherrealm
Sub-Zero: Represents the forces of light and Earthrealm
Shao Kahn: Represents forces of darkness and the Outworld
Kitana: Represents the forces of light and Edenia
Raiden: Represents The elder Gods
Kenshi: Represents "3D era"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:33 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Mostly because if we are really going to have that many Street Fighter reps, it should be the ones most everyone should recognize. Smash Bros. is a game where Nintendo's most well known characters come and duke it out. There are a few non-Nintendo characters, but those should be only the most well known. Such as Sonic and Mega Man. Ryu and Chun-Li fit because even people who don't play SF know who those are.
Well, I don't think popularity is everything, but I suppose I'll just agree to disagree there. Crusade is just a fan game, after all. If it were a real Smash Bros game then maybe I'd worry more about the limitations of having more non-Nintendo characters, but in this game's case I don't think that really matters much. Plus, there's nothing wrong with adding a not-so-well-known character to boost popularity of that character. A decent number of actual Smash Bros characters did exactly this (Ness, Lucas, C. Falcon, Roy, Corrin, Pit, and ROB; Shulk and Marth for Westerners), and it turned out fairly well despite the fact that few people knew those characters beforehand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1532

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:49 am

Chaotic Chao wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Mostly because if we are really going to have that many Street Fighter reps, it should be the ones most everyone should recognize. Smash Bros. is a game where Nintendo's most well known characters come and duke it out. There are a few non-Nintendo characters, but those should be only the most well known. Such as Sonic and Mega Man. Ryu and Chun-Li fit because even people who don't play SF know who those are.
Well, I don't think popularity is everything, but I suppose I'll just agree to disagree there. Crusade is just a fan game, after all. If it were a real Smash Bros game then maybe I'd worry more about the limitations of having more non-Nintendo characters, but in this game's case I don't think that really matters much. Plus, there's nothing wrong with adding a not-so-well-known character to boost popularity of that character. A decent number of actual Smash Bros characters did exactly this (Ness, Lucas, C. Falcon, Roy, Corrin, Pit, and ROB; Shulk and Marth for Westerners), and it turned out fairly well despite the fact that few people knew those characters beforehand.

It's less that they are unpopular, but more that they're coming from a franchise with more well known characters. It's like picking Mario, Peach and Nabbit. Where's Bowser and Luigi?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Well, that's why I think limiting ourselves to six reps is a bad idea in some cases. Having just Ryu and Chun-li is perfectly fine, but if we have a whopping 6 characters from Street Fighter the potential for more will become much stronger. If we had, for example:
-Ryu (Evil)
-Chun-li
-Guile
-Zangief
-Dictator
We'd already have five characters, all of them best known for their appearance in SFII. Most would say SFI may not matter, sure, but what about SFIII, which is very popular among competitive fans of the series? Or the long running SFIV series, which introduced one of the most popular characters in the series (Juri)? Or Street Fighter Alpha, which includes such fan favorites as Karin, and Charlie? Heck, aside from Ryu, even SFI has Sagat, who is arguably just as iconic as all of the characters listed up there. If Ken and Akuma weren't shotoclones they'd be in the running too since I'd say both are even more iconic than Zangief and Guile put together.
Point is, I feel like limiting ourselves to only 6 reps just won't work for certain franchises with an enormous amount of valid options. Honestly, I don't think Street Fighter should get many more characters if any because it would open the door for too many more and I'd hardly call it Capcom's "main" franchise. Say what you will, but I still think Megaman deserves more attention no matter how Capcom treats the series. Plus, on a side note, Smash is a fighting game, so if more SF characters don't get in...I mean, you can still fight as them in Street Fighter, so it's not that big a deal. Very different games, but same genre in the end. If it were up to me, the only extra Street Fighter character I'd add would be Dictator...no one else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Klonoa
  600
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Is "Dictator" the same as M. Bison (I think he goes by Bulrog in Japan)?

Anyways, I think that M. Bison and either Guile or Zangief would be my choices to fill out Street Fighter, assuming that there is some kind of unwritten rule on the matter at hand. Honestly, if a series has enough iconic (and unique) characters AND is a large series, I see no problem in introducing a large amount of characters. Look at the Mario Series. Including Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario, there are 18 characters, and plenty more to choose (We are still missing Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Dr Mario, and Diddy Kong from the main Smash games). Of those, only Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Wario would be considered "Important", which totals 8.

This is part of the reason why I am pretty impartial with some series having a large representation in comparison to others. Kid Icarus, for example, has had only 3 games (1 of which wasn't even in Japan as far as I know), yet has 3 characters, while Star Fox has had a total of 7 games, yet has less representation due to Wolf being cut from Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Mr. Game and Watch
  340
  thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:48 am

Namco Reps:
-Pac-Man*
-Klonoa*
-Dig Dug
-Mappy
-Boss Galaga
-Rally X
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1532

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:26 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
Namco Reps:
-Pac-Man*
-Klonoa*
-Dig Dug
-Mappy
-Boss Galaga
-Rally X

-Pac-Man
-Klonoa
-Taizo Hori (Or a Tales Rep)
-Heihachi
-Agumon
-KOS-MOS

Namco has more than just their old stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  90

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Sonic would make the most sense tbh

Silver and Metal Sonic would be nice to play as
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genie Bowser~
Level 1 CPU


  13
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:32 pm

-I agree but also find it pitiful that people are running out of ideas, if there were one franchise that deserves 6 it comes to these two, the legend of Zelda & Digimon, how is it that we have 6 Pokémon but no Digimon at all???? Pokémon are partnered with nintendo, they a not from it. Same for Digimon and honestly 6 Digimon could turn th tides and make this game amazing, the characters abilities and designs of creatures Warriors and the pokemon Vs Digimon nostalgia, how has this not happened...

When they do give Digimon the same respect, I think it would be fair to add these charachters

-Metal Greymon

-Were Garurumon

-Zudomon

-Dorugyuremon

-Venom Myotismon

-Mad/Bauntyo Leomon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1532

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Genie Bowser~ wrote:
-I agree but also find it pitiful that people are running out of ideas, if there were one franchise that deserves 6 it comes to these two, the legend of Zelda & Digimon, how is it that we have 6 Pokémon but no Digimon at all???? Pokémon are partnered with nintendo, they a not from it. Same for Digimon and honestly 6 Digimon could turn th tides and make this game amazing, the characters abilities and designs of creatures Warriors and the pokemon Vs Digimon nostalgia, how has this not happened...

When they do give Digimon the same respect, I think it would be fair to add these charachters

-Metal Greymon

-Were Garurumon

-Zudomon

-Dorugyuremon

-Venom Myotismon

-Mad/Bauntyo Leomon

Zelda should defintely get 6 reps, but Digimon should get Agumon and then that's it. Maybe someone else like Patamon or Gabumon. From how I see it, the reason the devs have not added so many Digimon is because they'd treat it like any third party franchise. More people know about Street Fighter than Digimon, so SF should get more reps. I think that a Digimon could have a cool gimmick about digi-volving and getting more powerful as the battle goes on or something (I haven't played the Digimon fighting games so I'm not too sure on how it works). Said Digimon however should be a popular Digimon that non-Digimon fans would recognize.

I took forever to type this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athorment

avatar

  197
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:44 pm

I believe Digimon counts as 4th party representation. Namco just gets the licenses to make Digimon games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://athorment.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  1532

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Athorment wrote:
I believe Digimon counts as 4th party representation. Namco just gets the licenses to make Digimon games.

If Digimon is "4th Party" then I could argue the "same" for Mr. Game & Watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

avatar

  Random
  2787
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Tamagotchi for Smash

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Mario
  1068
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:48 am

R.O.B's also technically 4th party, he's a real thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bedoop Bro
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  Gooey
  131

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Kirby
Poyo, Zoi, Borb, Dee, Blep and then either Doodle or Ded-But-Not-Really

(...Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Gooey and Adeleine/Magolor)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

avatar

  Pac-Man
  444
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Braystar wrote:
R.O.B's also technically 4th party, he's a real thing

He's very relevant to Nintendo's history; he is a property created by Nintendo as a company.
I'd put him as first party.

_________________
Sprite Team Leader for Super Smash bros Crusade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
avatar

  Mario
  1068
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:51 pm

So is Segata for Sega but apparently he's 4th party, despite being owned by Sega
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
avatar

  Knuckles
  401
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 am

For me it would be:
LoZ
Sonic
Kirby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  Geno
  76

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 am

i think final fantasy series would be perfect for it:
you could bring Cloud, Black mage, White mage, Warrior of light, Kefka, Chocobo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snipes88
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  Shadow
  74
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:14 am

Mortal Kombat. You could have Scorpion, Sub-zero, Shao Khan, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, Kano, and potentially even more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  Snivy
  638

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:06 am

Geno Boost wrote:
i think final fantasy series would be perfect for it:
you could bring Cloud, Black mage, White mage, Warrior of light, Kefka, Chocobo
too many FF1 reps, What about Cecil Harvey, Squall Leonhart, Yitán Tribal, etc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
avatar

  Geno
  76

PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:40 am

SnivyKawaii wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
i think final fantasy series would be perfect for it:
you could bring Cloud, Black mage, White mage, Warrior of light, Kefka, Chocobo
too many FF1 reps, What about Cecil Harvey, Squall Leonhart, Yitán Tribal, etc?
i didnt play their games yet so i just know them from dissidea but i think they are fine as long as they have unique playstyle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?   

Back to top Go down
 
Which other franchise would you want to see with a "full" 6 reps?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Forza 3 F-Class Tourney - Track List & Results
» Ravenwing Attack Squad Question
» Full-screen Issue!
» Trail of Schabbs
» 1/4 Hulk Diorama (Full Size) Never Done Before (coming Soon)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum