Share | 

Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:48 pm

So the palettes are really similar to the default ones.

You might want to fix them a bit. The purple one should be more purple, Chaos Knuckles' shoes should be red, and Blue Knuckles should be a darker blue and have normal color skin.

The skin is how I base what is default or not so seeing the Green Knuckles and Blue Knuckles threw me off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bedoop Bro
Level 4 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:16 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Thank you for that.

There is also ones for Mega Man and R.O.B., if you could find those that'd be fantastic.
okie dokie
Left Image:
Beige - R.O.B.
Red - Virtual Boy Alt. from Smash Games
Blue - ???
Green - R.O.B. Launcher Alt. from Smash Games
Right Image:
Red - ???
White - Super Nintendo Entertainment System / R.O.B. Blaster
Yellow - Yellow Alt. from Smash Games
Grey - Nintendo Entertainment System Alt. from Smash Games
I'm not an avid Mega Man player at all so I'll leave this one up to you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:29 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
So the palettes are really similar to the default ones.

You might want to fix them a bit. The purple one should be more purple, Chaos Knuckles' shoes should be red, and Blue Knuckles should be a darker blue and have normal color skin.

The skin is how I base what is default or not so seeing the Green Knuckles and Blue Knuckles threw me off.

What is this made up terminology you are using
Maybe they aren't based on anything (I actually don't know)
What I do know is that Mp3 Toaster spends a great deal of time perfecting the palettes he makes and probably cannot be convinced to change something which already looks good

Don't hold your breath

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:58 am

Dustination wrote:
What is this made up terminology you are using

Maybe I shouldn't call it a "default" palette, but maybe an "incomplete" palette.

Most characters have a complete palette that look nice and don't look out of place.
Other characters have palettes that change their skin color and looks rather odd. Take a look at Zero Suit Samus, she has an alt. palette that changes her skin to a green-blue, her hair to a light blue and her suit to a bright orange. These characters usually only have 6 colors while the others have 8 (An exception being Weegee).

I assumed that Knuckles didn't have a complete set of alt. palettes yet because I didn't believe that the colors looked very normal and he only had 6 colors to choose from. If this isn't the case then I apologize.

Also it'd be great if Mp3 helped with this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:38 am

I think that the ROB Launcher pallet swap should be a darker shade of green and have a blue cord. Other than that, it all looks fine.

As for the MEGA-MAN colors, they seem to be the following (Based off of their first appearance)
Blue-Basic Mega Man
Green/White-Leaf Shield (Mega Man 2)
Yellow-Metal Blade (Mega Man 2) or Fire Storm (Mega Man 1)
Red-Gravity Hold's Artwork (Mega Man 5)
Yellow/Black-Thunder Beam (Mega Man 1)
White/Blue-Resembles Mega Man X with all of the Armor pieces
Pink-Quick Boomerang (Mega Man 2)
Purple-Shadow Blade (Mega Man 3)

Last edited by wheeled_tank on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:54 am

I think I figured out the other 2 Ridleys

Red: Ridley's Appearance in Super Metroid
Light Grey: Possibly a Blue-Eyes White Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Added
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU

Ashley
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Why doesn't Knuckles have an alt based on Tikal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Wait. I meant that Ridley's purple (Second Last) color is based off of his Super Metroid appearance. It just was more red than purple in Crusade. Sorry about that

Also, Gold Weegee could be based off of the Gold Flower powerup (Specifically Gold Mario) from New Super Mario Bros 2, and the Brown colored Mario seems to be based off of a color from Melee or SSB64 (Itself being based off of Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew '98)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Added
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:38 am

I'll just quickly mention that as someone who set up most of these palettes. Some of them were not with references in mind. Sure, plenty were. But some of these "references" are pure accident. Like white Ridley for example. I just thought it would look cool to give him white color and blue eyes + wings. I had no idea there was a similar colored dragon in Yu-Gi-Oh.

Many colors were gathered from community suggestions years ago as well (time passes too fast here). So most of these were not my ideas. Mostly I took suggestions and then made them happen. For most of them I went with what looked good enough and ditched the ones I didn't feel it was up to par. I am however open to improve the palettes. I also want to aim for having at least 8 colors for each character in the cast. So for those who doesn't have 8, will eventually get them.

I'll clarify more about which is which when it comes to references later.

Btw Dust why didn't you tell me sooner that Wario Woods color was trash ehhhh?

Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:53 am

I guess people (myself included) like to find thing from nothing. Still, nothing wrong with ideas that happen to reference other characters even if it was unintentional, especially if they look good (Ridley's White pallet, for example)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU

Random

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:19 pm

Kirb-Star wrote:
It kinda resembles Dark Matter Swordsman, but the colors seem a bit too different for it to count as a legit reference :/

Look familiar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:39 pm

To be fair, most of Dark Matter's appearances don't look like that

Especially the blue eye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide   Today at 11:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Character Alt. Colors Discussion and Guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2