Go down 
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Shadow Revamped! Empty
PostShadow Revamped!

I’ll Show You My Ultimate Power!

Shadow Revamped! IMhuj2d

Project SHADOW has finally been completed! The Ultimate Life Form has reached new levels with a revamped moveset, revamped animations and true alternate palettes!  Look out for his palettes in the footage to follow!

Spoiler:

Many of Shadow’s animations have received improvements: Shadow now has turning and braking animations, which makes his skating much more natural than before.  Even his crouch animation has additional frames!

Spoiler:

That's not all, however; many other animations have also received improvements leaving Shadow feeling smooth.

Shadow Revamped! VgrrfRM

As seen in the above video, Shadow's old Down Smash Chaos Nightmare is now his Up Smash, which is much more fitting for the animation. The attack has gotten a major range increase, and the closer you are to the orbs the more damage you'll take.  The innermost parts of the orbs are powerful sweetspots!

Spoiler:

His new down smash has gotten a revamp as well!  Now more true to canon, Chaos Burst has a spot dodge built into the startup allowing a player with great timing to use it as a dodge and counter!  Though the attack is powerful and can dodge incoming threats, it does have an extremely large amount of lag on either end, leaving Shadow vulnerable when used incorrectly.  Work on your timing and you're opponents will have something to fear!

Spoiler:

Forward smash has been replaced entirely with Shadow's own version of homing attack: Chaos Attack!  Chase your foes down with the homing spin attack and follow with a string of hits to blast your foes away!  This attack can even leave the ground or travel off-stage to track opponents, a first for smash attacks!

Shadow Revamped! I6ytTCS

Shadow now has a one hit jab, useful for quickly popping opponents into the air and leaving them vulnerable!
So what happened to his old jab?  It has moved to side tilt, replacing the boring kick that was there before.  The new Side Tilt has been buffed up as well, dealing significant damage to shields.

Shadow Revamped! P1tlD84

Shadow's new jab functions a lot like his old down tilt did, so we decided to give him a new one.  This attack covers shadow with energy and sends foes flying away!  Use it when you're feeling overwhelmed!

Shadow Revamped! NaPKvbp

Spoiler:

Shadow's up tilt has been replaced as well; It is now a projectile that lingers briefly after Shadow has come out of lag!  You can even hold the attack button to delay the projectile, making it appear further away!  Use Chaos Magic to control space in new and interesting ways!  To prevent spam, Shadow may only have one out at a time, and there's an additional cooldown lag.

Spoiler:

We felt Shadow's throws were lacking, so we've completely redone them!  The real kicker here is his new up throw, which leaves the opponent helplessly suspended in a Chaos Control Sphere!  Set up and attack them with whatever you like, but act fast before they break out!

Shadow Revamped! Evjrlbq

Shadow's B moves are being revamped and replaced as well.  His neutral B Chaos Spear has a much nicer looking projectile now, and he can fire it diagonally in the air!

Spoiler:

Shadow's Side B has been replaced entirely by Chaos Ball.  This projectile is much slower than the Chaos Spear, but it can track your opponents and deliver a potent stun!

Spoiler:

Shadow's Down B has been replaced by the spin dash.  Shadow now joins the rest of the sonic cast with this iconic down special, which compliments his fast and furious playstyle perfectly!

Spoiler:

The revamp doesn't stop there however.  We've given Shadow an entirely new mechanic: Chaos Boost!  Whenever Shadow hits an opponent with a Chaos-based attack he will build boost meter, which can be expended to enter Boost mode!.  While in this mode, damage output is increased all around and Shadow's special moves are upgraded into new versions!  You've only got a limited time to stay like this, so make it count!

Shadow Revamped! E8ICILI

Neutral Special is now the Chaos Lance!  This projectile cannot be charged, but it doesn't need to! It launches much quicker than charging usually takes with all the same power!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Side Special is now Roaming Chaos!  The orb waits to reach its full range before activating, and when it does it becomes a slow moving, large chaos ball that tracks Shadow rather than opponents!  This attack can really cause a headache for your opponent as they try to navigate while stuck between Shadow and his Chaos!

Shadow Revamped! LQ91d9u

Shadow Revamped! JEwx9F0

Shadow's Down Special will now activate on hit, causing him to automatically link his spin dashes into a Boosted Spin Tornado!  Run them down with spin dash and then send them sky high with the tornado!

Spoiler:

Up special gets a boosted revamp too, becoming the awesome Chaos Snap!  It will now have a hitbox before the teleport, and if it connects with an opponent Shadow will do a series of 5 Chaos Attacks! Each one is chosen randomly between 4 options; Upward kick, spike kick, forward punch, and meteor fists.  You never know what will happen when this attack is used, but no matter the hits Shadow will always teleport after them wherever they go!  When it's over, he will teleport back to his starting position safely.

We hope you enjoy playing as the new Shadow, revamped!

Stay tuned for more v0.9.1 updates!

Full-Res images here: https://imgur.com/a/701zZ

Last edited by Perfect Hell on Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Shadow Revamped! :: Comments

Kirb-Star
Re: Shadow Revamped!
Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:16 pm by Kirb-Star
I'm definitely looking forward to using Shadow in 0.9.1, definitely digging that Coldsteel costume of his, lol
OmegaSteve777
Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:21 pm by OmegaSteve777
Astounding as always

Also Shadow is now Goku. Never thought I'd see the day.
wheeled_tank
Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:24 pm by wheeled_tank
Is there any indicator for the "Boost Mode" and is it activated automatically?
Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:36 pm by Dustination
Chaos Boost is activated with NSpec like a Final Smash when your meter is full.
There are both audio and visual indicators so you'll know when it's time.
wheeled_tank
Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:40 pm by wheeled_tank
So it is somewhat similar to Little Mac's KO Punch on the Wii U (In terms of Activation)? Nice to know.
Post Mon May 02, 2016 3:44 pm by UcheD914
I never even seen Shadow in action and I'm afraid.
Xalciss
Post Mon May 02, 2016 6:15 pm by Xalciss
lool coldsteel recolor
LeadPlooty
Post Mon May 02, 2016 6:16 pm by LeadPlooty
Hopefully Shadow's voice clips were improved.
King Proto
Post Mon May 02, 2016 7:10 pm by King Proto
Will the hype for the next release ever end?! You guys are giving it your all! Keep it up!
Kzinssie
Post Mon May 02, 2016 8:10 pm by Kzinssie
I'll be damned, you made 06 stuff work.
VultureDuck
Post Tue May 03, 2016 7:47 am by VultureDuck
what...

I can't...

I always wanted a Shadow revamp...

You delivered, but not what I expected...

Now he's not a waste of a character slot anymore.
Malkasaur
Post Tue May 03, 2016 9:15 am by Malkasaur
Glad he was given his old FAir back (Originally, it was what is now F Smash). He's been given a lot of polish since I first saw the new changes. Can't wait to see everything in action!
TaXMaN
Post Tue May 03, 2016 9:44 am by TaXMaN
SO. MUCH. HYPE.

Crusade team, you did it again! Very Happy
Braystar
Post Tue May 03, 2016 5:56 pm by Braystar
Now we have Vegeta in Crusade
Lego Shaq
Post Tue May 03, 2016 6:07 pm by Lego Shaq
Very grungis. I like
thebuddyadrian
Post Tue May 03, 2016 8:01 pm by thebuddyadrian
This is rad
DiamondJoyride
Post Wed May 04, 2016 8:09 pm by DiamondJoyride
I will in no way be surprised if Shadow ends up being the new best fighter in the game. He's got some potential in him, I know it.
Post Sun May 08, 2016 5:12 pm by Mr_Laggswitch
just saying, but, you guys need some motivation
King Proto
Post Sun May 08, 2016 5:25 pm by King Proto
Mr_Laggswitch wrote:
just saying, but, you guys need some motivation
Please don't.
Nintensis
Post Tue May 10, 2016 3:43 am by Nintensis
HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

EDIT: Also is everyone getting "true palettes" scratch
Shiruza
Post Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:10 am by Shiruza
It's been a month and a half since the last update... Is everything alright, guys?
Bedoop!
Post Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:34 am by Bedoop!
Shiruza wrote:
It's been a month and a half since the last update... Is everything alright, guys?
Their Facebook is inactive too
I guess School is really packing heat for 'em Kill Me
Shiruza
Post Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:33 pm by Shiruza
EDIT:
This was supposed to be a link to the part of the Earthbound credits where a strange man whispers "I miss you", but nothing really seemed to work when I did.
Post  by Sponsored content

Shadow Revamped!

Page 1 of 1