HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dustination



  Random
  2734
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Shaq is hardly on the team he just posts the dev blogs on smashboards

If I put a swastika in my avatar and my excuse was that it originated as a hindu religious symbol people are still going to accuse me of putting nazi propaganda on my profile and that's just something you're going to have to deal with

Now everybody shut the fuck up

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:30 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:
Braystar wrote:
I see a hp loss for JaegerKrieg in the near future

They can go right ahead then, I'm not the one at fault for being ignorant and making false claims here.

If they're just going to favoritize people that are in the wrong just because they're part of the team, then that's nice, It'll show just what kind of people we're dealing with here.
I'm not on the dev team. Maybe they like me more then you because I've contributed over 1000 posts that have mostly all bring content to this forum that isn't "meme characters" and "b-but it's not a Nazi symbol" and you've really only been a nuisance since you've came here.

But as Dust kindly said we need to shut up, if you still have a problem with me PM me. Now let's get this thread back on track.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU


  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:47 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:

Also, my memory is a bit blurred regarding Sonic the Fighters (it was a long time since I played it last time), so what was that lift-and-drop attack again? Maybe I can incoorperate it as his down throw.
Well it's not a perfect idea really, but he basically lifts his opponent in the air quickly, then swiftly slams them on the ground. Tails has a very similar throw in the game (he basically does the same thing, but slower and it probably deals less damage given Metal's OP-ness) and in fact, I thiiiiiiink it's Tails's up-throw in SSF2. I thought it'd be a nice nod to him though, because most anyone who's fought him in that game has probably fallen victim to that throw...a lot.

Also, it sounds like Sonic alt is the plan here, so I'll support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU


  Mach Rider
  407
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:13 pm

the only people who use the iron cross in this day and age are not-quite-nazis
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

Also, my memory is a bit blurred regarding Sonic the Fighters (it was a long time since I played it last time), so what was that lift-and-drop attack again? Maybe I can incoorperate it as his down throw.
Well it's not a perfect idea really, but he basically lifts his opponent in the air quickly, then swiftly slams them on the ground. Tails has a very similar throw in the game (he basically does the same thing, but slower and it probably deals less damage given Metal's OP-ness) and in fact, I thiiiiiiink it's Tails's up-throw in SSF2. I thought it'd be a nice nod to him though, because most anyone who's fought him in that game has probably fallen victim to that throw...a lot.

Also, it sounds like Sonic alt is the plan here, so I'll support.
Thanks.

BTW, I added you to the last and replaced the old down throw with your idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

Updated the first post with how Metal Sonic could be implemented without taking away a spot for another Sonic character and why Metal Sonic would fit so much as a Sonic alt.

His moveset still needs to be updated to have less claw usage, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  566
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Mon May 09, 2016 11:12 am

Even though Metal Sonic isn't appearing as much as other "evil" Sonic characters, I think he would work as an Alt for Sonic. Support (as an Alt)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Mon May 09, 2016 12:39 pm

How exactly does an alt alter him being another Sonic rep and as such majorly interfering with other characters' chances
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVNSPARTAN550
Level 1 CPU


  Shadow
  11
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Wed May 25, 2016 12:29 am

I'll support, Metal Sonic is one of the most powerful and badass characters in the Sonic franchise. Also, as an opinion, I think Black Shield should be his down special instead of Spin Dash, since it is one of his unique abilites. It's his special move from Sonic Adventure 2 in the 2 player mode. When used, he can protect himself from special attacks (Shadow's Chaos Spear or Sonic's Sonic Wind for example), also he is able to gain enough momentum to exceed his maximum running speed at the cost of being unable to maneuver and losing all friction with the ground. In Crusade it could protect Metal Sonic from damage done to projectiles, however the projectile itself should be able hit the shield, so if the player ends the move when attacked by a multi-hit projectile it will hit them. Also, if used in some scenarios (running off the ledge, jumping) it will let you will retain some momentum, improving his edgeguard, recovery and even maybe his combos. It should have almost no ending lag, however, the longer it's held it or the more times they use it in a row (stall it) the longer Metal Sonic will take to recover from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU


  Random
  566

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Wed May 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Yo, Dust, Jak, remember when I first joined the forum WAY WAY WAY back, and I tried to get Metal Sonic for the old CrusaDLC system, and you guys said 'no', and gave a pretty convincing argument?

Well anyway, as much as I like Metal better than Shadow the EDGEhog, he's just not relevant enough or important enough to warrant a character spot. This has been pointed out to me before, and since that point in time nearly 4 years ago Metal Sonic has only faded further into obscurity.

No support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Wed May 25, 2016 5:51 pm

DemonicGamerAzazel wrote:
Yo, Dust, Jak, remember when I first joined the forum WAY WAY WAY back, and I tried to get Metal Sonic for the old CrusaDLC system, and you guys said 'no', and gave a pretty convincing argument?

Well anyway, as much as I like Metal better than Shadow the EDGEhog, he's just not relevant enough or important enough to warrant a character spot.  This has been pointed out to me before, and since that point in time nearly 4 years ago Metal Sonic has only faded further into obscurity.

No support.
No one besides Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, and Shadow have really seen any action in the past years though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2734
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Wed May 25, 2016 6:01 pm

DemonicGamerAzazel wrote:
Yo, Dust, Jak, remember when I first joined the forum WAY WAY WAY back, and I tried to get Metal Sonic for the old CrusaDLC system, and you guys said 'no', and gave a pretty convincing argument?

no sorry

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
SP



  Crash Bandicoot
  3842
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Wed May 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
How exactly does an alt alter him being another Sonic rep and as such majorly interfering with other characters' chances

makes it look nicer on the character select screen so when people hate the game based on the roster alone they don't realize the character is in the game so they hate it a bit less
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Thu May 26, 2016 3:19 am

Thanks for the sudden burst of comments.

Also, nice idea for the Black Shield, I already forgot that this exist.
DemonicGamerAzazel wrote:
This has been pointed out to me before, and since that point in time nearly 4 years ago Metal Sonic has only faded further into obscurity.
Actually, I saw the complete opposite. Since his return in Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic actually got a popularity boost. It's probably only a matter of time until Metal Sonic appears in another Sonic game with returning rivals.

Anyway, updated the first post now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Thu May 26, 2016 1:25 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Thanks for the sudden burst of comments.

Also, nice idea for the Black Shield, I already forgot that this exist.
DemonicGamerAzazel wrote:
This has been pointed out to me before, and since that point in time nearly 4 years ago Metal Sonic has only faded further into obscurity.
Actually, I saw the complete opposite. Since his return in Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic actually got a popularity boost. It's probably only a matter of time until Metal Sonic appears in another Sonic game with returning rivals.

Anyway, updated the first post now.
As you say, that's your opinion

I have seen no real popularity boost since Episode 2, and even if there was one it quickly faded. Also, it's been a "matter of time" since 2012, 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU


  Phoenix Wright
  224
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Fri May 27, 2016 11:35 pm

If you want to get technical, no one but Sonic and Eggman's seen any sort of real importance lately...sure, Tails has appeared a lot, but as nothing more than a supporting character alongside all of Sonic's other friends. Seriously, when's the last time you've even been able to fight Knuckles, for instance, in an main series Sonic game, let alone play as him? I believe it was...06? Generations if you count that one random mission where you challenged him to an unloseable race. At the very least, Metal Sonic got a real boss fight in that game, was playable in Episode Metal of Sonic 4, and served as a significant enemy throughout Episode 2. Popularity boost or not, at least his current relevance to the series he represents seems to surpass most of the other characters...even Shadow.

I guess it's debatable whether or not that matters in the grand scheme of things, but it's something to consider. Honestly though, if you want to argue against M. Sonic, bringing up his past might actually be a better idea than his present. He was only really relevant in CD (and just as one boss) and Heroes, then...never again, really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU


  59
  Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Sat May 28, 2016 3:59 pm

He also has a boss fight in Sonic Boom. And considering that his existence in that game is incredibly hard to justify via the story, I'd argue he was in Rise of Lyric because he was popular.

Relevancy? Non-existant. But he has potential to be a fun character to play as.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:39 am

Man, I almost forgot about Metal Sonic in Sonic Boom. Then again, I'm trying to forget about Sonic Boom's mere existance...

In other news, first post got updated. How? Well, I prettied up a little with helpful images. There still will be more proper updates (and more helpful images) to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]   Today at 11:56 am

Back to top Go down
 
Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion
» Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Discussion [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
» Dark sonic/Mecha sonic/Sonic.exe/Tails doll Variations
» Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion
» Construction Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Under Construction

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Games | Platform games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion